Finally Got Ruin!
Just excited, missed Ruin last time it was on the bloodweb and I absolutely suck as Hag. Hopped on today, saw Ruin in the Shrine, happily bought it. Just wanted to share.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
^^^^^

Very cool. I payed without Ruin forever before I broke down for the dlc. Playing with Ruin can really be a game changer. Hope you enjoy it!
Ruin: Toxic OP crutch that won't earn you any respect as a Killer, but if having fun at the expense of others is your thing go for it! just don't be surprised if you get a lot of disconnects out of protest.
I'm pretty sure the guy was joking. If not...then yeah, it's pretty funny
congrats, welcome to a perk that will be on almost every single build.
also welcome to that greyed out icon in the corner of your screen 9/10ths of your games because someone spawned on it.
Imagine if a killer could find a switch somewhere on the map that was glowing, and when activated would disable every pallet on the map. or cause permanent exhaustion. :chuffed:
Rank 20 survivor main.
When I see Ruin I just cant be bothered, all I see is that someones decided they wanted to pay to win with some miserable hex designed to detract from the games fun (especially for the current live event).
It's stuff like this that makes this game fail at it's most basic premise, a game must be fun, fair and balanced on all sides in order for for people to play it or they simply don't, and it ceases to be a game by again, failing at it's most basic premise.
Its right up there with Noed, I mean I have them both but I simply choose not to use them because I know how toxic they are and how little respect I'd earn from the Survivors if I used them. Treat your fellow opposition with respect by not using stuff that simply shouldn't be in the game and they will return said respect in kind ending in a match that's enjoyable for all.
^clearly an npc's pre-programmed response.
No doubt selected from a very limited list of uninspired boringly predictable responses.
A bit sad really.
Why is Ruin pay to win?
The person you quoted plays both survivor and killer. Ruin is one of the most unreliable perks in the entire game. If you can't deal with it than there is no possible way you've ever reached red ranks. Most good players don't even bother and just power through it.
if you want fair, fun, and balanced on all sides: by all means, marathon killer for a while. Surely since its so imbalanced, it must be the fun fair and balanced side, right? There is a reason that most people who play both sides are advocates for improvements to one side vs the other, and its not the side you're on.
Now imagine their face as they load into the game, take 5 steps forward and suddenly Ruin is cleansed.
This is just cruel.
How am I an NPC with my amount of posts? Lol. But if you think Ruin is a toxic OP crutch, then somethings going wrong with you.
Eyyy my guy backing me up
Ok 1. Screw survivors. 2. At rank one on both sides it gets cleansed immediately. 3. Hitting great skill checks is easy for good survivors. 4. Noed can be prevented or cleansed and neither perks are OP or toxic. 5. You must be a low rank survivor if ruin bothers you that much.
I didn't want to add a comment in hopes that you were trolling, but I see that you are serious (or you're baiting, in which case you caught a lot of us).
As numerous others have stated already, Ruin is not a crutch. Let me say a opinion of mine.
No perk is a crutch perk as every perk is simply a tool to use. Unfortunately Hex: Ruin is so laughable weak in the high tiers it does not deserve the status of a 'crutch'. With that logic everything survivors have ever is a crutch, and the same with killers.
Play a game of killer without Ruin at rank 5-1. Then come back here.