Give us the option to disable autoaim/aim dressing

It's the year 2025 and we STILL do not have the option to disable this awful mechanic, idk how annoying it is on console since i've never played with a controller but I would assume its just as rage inducing when it makes you miss a hit.

How in tarnation do we not have the option to disable this already? Like seriously we're coming up on the 10 year anniversary and we still cannot turn this janky outdated mechanic, please remove it or give us the option to disable it.

Comments

  • Essentially bumping my thread with two moments where aim assist cooked me pretty hard today.

    1. Coup De Gráce and friends til the End, essentially lost my token + instant down on Michonne cause the aim assist just decides to hit Jake on the Hook, geniunely insanely outdated mechanic.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVgYEtxfga0

    2. Landing Shock Therapy on meg through basement wall to cancel the unhook just for the aim assist to cancel my lunge and my coup de grace letting her unhook and let the Alan get away.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIR3ZPKrw9g

    NGL I have no idea why this is in the game and it does more harm to me personally than any good in the slightest.

    Aim assist can mess you with loop at times and it really sucks too but these are bloody awful cause I felt like I played really well on both these moments and got genuinely cooked.

  • But I see that you misplayed in ur videos you literally was way too close to hooked survivors, go a bit sideways thats how I counter hook saves, also aim assist is good when I play Spirit it helps me when I phase close enough to them and they are on my back a little, it instantly turns me to a survivor and boom hit :)

  • Hooked survivors shouldn't count as valid targets for aim dressing. That is the actual rule you want. If aim dressing was completely removed, you wouldn't be able to just hold down the lunge button to hit survivors, and would instead need to manually stop lunging if you wanted to hit survivors before the full lunge has occurred.

  • Oh yeah this is stupid, its gotten to the point that you can reliably exploit this in chase by hugging the hitbox of the hooked guy or you can hug the pallet side while looping and it can lead to a lot of auto aim misses.

    The only reason why this hasn't been fixed is probably because it would break 15 other things with the spaghetti code.

  • @Amanova said:

    But I see that you misplayed in ur videos you literally was way too close to hooked survivors, go a bit sideways thats how I counter hook saves, also aim assist is good when I play Spirit it helps me when I phase close enough to them and they are on my back a little, it instantly turns me to a survivor and boom hit :)

    Second video I kind of agree but the first one is a literal robbery you can even see the hard turn that happens, that isnt simply collusion and actually aim dressing.

  • @solidgamer44 said:

    It's the year 2025 and we STILL do not have the option to disable this awful mechanic, idk how annoying it is on console since i've never played with a controller but I would assume its just as rage inducing when it makes you miss a hit.

    How in tarnation do we not have the option to disable this already? Like seriously we're coming up on the 10 year anniversary and we still cannot turn this janky outdated mechanic, please remove it or give us the option to disable it.

    It's insanely frustrating on console. Well over half my missed hits are aim dressing BS.

    Nothing like having a hit line up and whipping to the side and hitting some random bit of geometry like a stupid goober.

  • @solidgamer44 said:

    Essentially bumping my thread with two moments where aim assist cooked me pretty hard today.

    1. Coup De Gráce and friends til the End, essentially lost my token + instant down on Michonne cause the aim assist just decides to hit Jake on the Hook, geniunely insanely outdated mechanic.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVgYEtxfga0

    2. Landing Shock Therapy on meg through basement wall to cancel the unhook just for the aim assist to cancel my lunge and my coup de grace letting her unhook and let the Alan get away.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIR3ZPKrw9g

    NGL I have no idea why this is in the game and it does more harm to me personally than any good in the slightest.

    Aim assist can mess you with loop at times and it really sucks too but these are bloody awful cause I felt like I played really well on both these moments and got genuinely cooked.

    that not even an aim assist problem u just swing too early trying to prevent saves both times it all that is hahah

  • @coolgue1 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3998359#Comment_3998359

    that not even an aim assist problem u just swing too early trying to prevent saves both times it all that is hahah

    first clip isnt even that, michonne saving is not the case she is full running ahead and i have aura reading knowing she doesn't plan on doing it cause she is exposed that would be a very bad idea.

    2nd one meg is unable to unhook cause i shocked her through the wall, i was trying to coup around the survivor and the hook and the survivor collision cancelled it when i tried to lunge around it lol.

  • @Ragna_Rock said:

    Oh yeah this is stupid, its gotten to the point that you can reliably exploit this in chase by hugging the hitbox of the hooked guy or you can hug the pallet side while looping and it can lead to a lot of auto aim misses.

    The only reason why this hasn't been fixed is probably because it would break 15 other things with the spaghetti code.

    I made a xeno auto aim into his own turrets when I was in the middle of nowhere I genuinely felt bad