Is this version of 2v8 fun for you?

For me...Killer no it isn't…Survivor...eh

Killer

  • Queue times but that's always been a problem
  • Basically your s—t out of luck if your not playing with someone on comms because you have no way to communicate what you can do
  • Escapist kinda can just have the ability to use Sprint Burst whenever they like
  • Gen rushing is a major thing with most gens being a 3 or 4 person one and well the slow down doesn't do much to help sure it slows them down but I've had matches where three were done...by the time two hooks were done

Survivor

  • One role basically has no purpose because you just get a flashbang and wire tap which while nice to prevent major gen rushing it kinda doesn't do much in the long run
  • Getting hooked I have ended really close to where I've been picked up
  • Having the terror radius be the default for everyone is kinda annoying since I don't know the radius in matches so I could face a Spirit and Wesker both have unique terror radiuses so it would be easy to tell who's nearby. I don't know if it's just a problem with both being combined or it would gave to much info I don't know.

Anyways how's this version of a game mode that'll come back in...three months going for you

Comments

  • Nah it's pretty boring. Have to uncage survivors too often when playing survivor. Guide is trash, medic is countered by instadowns, legion, wesker. Escapist is kinda busted with an on demand sprint burst. Scout rebuilds pallets which is boring to use but very powerful.

    As killer i'm sick of bad solo queue teammates considering it takes a while to queue. Pretty bored of the available options and classes.

    They've been adding less and less with each iteration, its getting super boring and repetitive. I believe most people are only playing it because of the survivor bonus. If they don't have any plans to shake things up in a big way, i wish they would just retire the mode to custom games.

  • It was fun for the first week, then a miserable slog every day after.

    I think I'm done with 2v8 for a long time.

  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS4-KhVOyTc

    Completely agree with this vid. Utterly boring mode.

  • It was fun for like a week and then I got tired of it and went back to normal mode.

  • The play while you wait feature has been a huge improvement. I've really enjoyed being able to play a bit of Survivor while queuing up for Killer, but it sadly hasn't done much to improve overall Killer queue times. Survivor has also grown a bit stale over time, with the same old recycled classes.

    I also think this iteration is more Killer sided than previous releases. My escape rate is closer to what I experience in 1V4 (although we don't have official stats, I've only been playing 2V8 since it came back and in the last 8 trials, I tend to escape about 3 times on average). I personally think this is a bad direction for the mode and that 2V8 should favour Survivors slightly more than it currently does. I know the old Guide class and the yellow herbs garnered a lot of criticism as overpowered Survivor mechanics, but there needs to be more added to the mode to attract Survivor players.

    The appeal of going up against a Blight/Nurse or Oni/Legion KWF on comms is always going to be limited to say the least. It can sometimes feel sweatier than 1V4, which sort of the defeats the point of playing the mode for me. I also really, really hate the shadow class.

    Legion was also nerfed to the point that you don't get the same sense of speed and adrenaline rush from hitting 8 Survivors, which is another negative (though probably a positive improvement for most Survivors). They play more like 1V4 now and that's much less fun. Legion are kinda boring compared to what they were.

  • @Caiman said:

    It was fun for the first week, then a miserable slog every day after.

    I think I'm done with 2v8 for a long time.

    Thing is they have other game modes sure Chaos shuffle has shown it can be a little bad with perks that don't work with others or just a band hand but it's still fun and doesn't over stay it's welcome. Lights out is a game mode I loved because it didn't overstay it's welcome didn't try giving you to much to deal with all it was no perks, terror radius or scratch marks and you couldn't see plus it had one other iteration that just added a small thing. I know making new game modes can be tricky but still would be nice for something from like I don't know a survival mode no gens survivors just need to try surviving X amount of time it also helps practice chasing and looping.

  • I enjoyed it on both sides. The main complaint on killer side is (obviously) the queue times. Main complaint on survivor side is existence of Legion and Oni in this game mode. Legion needs to be removed altogether and Oni toned down a bit.


    I didn’t have any issues getting 5K or more as killer (played mostly Wraith) as long as my teammate wasn’t terrible or playing as Nemesis or Trapper.

  • I enjoyed as survivor when I'm not being double teamed. Killer queue times are a lil better for me but boy the Gen speed is absmal 3 gens pop a chase

  • I played the first and second iteration, didn't play middle two, came back for this one. Previously I pretty much only played survivor because wait was shorter, with play while you wait I'm getting more killer in.

    As killer I'm playing as Trapper solo. Have had a few rounds that were 4K because teammate didn't know when to drop chase and we had bad map for traps but most are 7/8k. The only times I've noticed gens going quickly is when I just haven't had a good pairing with a teammate but we're still getting a 4k so I don't think it's that bad.

    Survivor it depends on the match. Legion matches just get annoying with the constant mending and healing, add in Oni and it's just not a fun match. By this point killers know where the cage spawns are so there's alot more tunneling off hook by the killers running mobility which is a bummer. I still prefer the first iteration to what we have now. I definitely prefer it over 1v4.

  • 2v8 never is fun. Well, killer is but the queue times make it not fun.