“Give Props” Option (Small Request)
At the moment it just seems pointless if the player you’ve given props to (aftermatch). Like if it doesn’t even notify the person it shouldn’t exist overall? I mean it should at least notify the person that you’ve given props to. It’s not much but yeah I think it’ll be kinda cute/nice :’^
I think it would be really nice honestly.
I think it would be really nice honestly.
Comments
I think it would be cool to make it so that you have a higher chance of playing with a person you gave props to again. I could see how it could be abused but it would be cool running into fun killers again.
I totally get what you mean though!!
They should do something like Overwatch does, the game tracks your "good props" and whenever you get say 10 you get a 100k BP reward. This would encourage players to play nice with each other so they can get props. Then just limit it so that you can only give props to someone you play against, and you can only do it once every week or something so people can't abuse it (and so SWF can't just give themselves props). Maybe even allow survivors to give each other props IF they are not in an SWF group together.
That's a good way to keep it balanced. I doubt that they'll give 100k BPs since that does seem a lot (to devs a least). It can encourage survivors to take the game more seriously and be nicer towards each other (or killers) but it's a possibility.
That's sweet. I ignore doing that because at the moment it doesn't really do much. Hopefully like you said, one day it will!
@Peanits mentioned that they would do a leader board thing where they praise the person who got the most props in the game. Consequently, due to expanding game, they don't have enough time to do this and needed to work on other things.
I guess there are other important issues.
What is the give props button for in the first place? Does it do anything?
The reward should be substantial to make it worth it to be nice to other players. Maybe you need 20 good props for it, but the point is to put a big fat carrot on a stick that says "play nice with each other and you get the carrot" because you want to highly incentivize good behavior. Especially considering how toxic this game can be, you need something heavy to offset that.
SWF's shouldnt be able to give their teammates props though, it's obviously abusing the mechanic
FFXIV does similiar for props after a dungeon run.
If there was a reward I would agree to this. Or limit it to 1 good props per player per week such that they can't abuse it.