Sole Survivor is not granting bonus speed when opening hatch

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE: Sole Survivor is not granting bonus speed when opening hatch. I experienced this issue on 7/30/2025. I opened the hatch in two separate matches using a dull key while using Sole Survivor and noted that the progress bar was not yellow and the time to open the hatch was not reduced. Looking through previous/similar reports, it appears this issue may have been present since this was initially changed back in patch 6.1.0 on 7/19/2022.

@brokedownpalace said:

Earlier today I opened the hatch as the last survivor and didn't receive any action speed bonus. Have not been able to test it on a gate.

I was not able to verify if exit gates are also affected, but I noted there still is a Pending post from 2023 indicating it may not be. I may be able to ask a friend to help test in a KYF game.

@Xaggy said:

Hello

We played against P3 legacy Trapper on Thompson House. Killer killed one of my teammates and other two escaped. I was the only survivor alive and there was one gate closed. Sole Survivor didn't give me an opening speed bonus. My build was Ace In The Hole, Deliverance, Sole Survivor, Empathy. Also, I unhooked myself from the hook but not with Deliverance. It was kobe. (I didn't manage to activate Deliverance) I don't know if that is important.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/1D7PEANG9X04/deadbydaylight.log

PLATFORM: PC/Steam

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED: Equip Sole Survivor. Enter a match with a key and remain alive until all other survivors have been sacrificed. Have the killer close the hatch. Open the hatch with the key and note the time is not reduced and the progress bar is not yellow.

VIDEO: I did not record the issue when it occurred. I may be able to record with a friend.

PLAYER LOGS:

  • Player logs are required from PC players only.
DeadByDaylight.log

Comments