So... being Tunneled triggers 'suspicious behavior' again?

If only the devs played their own game this stupidity might be sorted out.

Trash behavior is killing the game and they are encouraging it

Comments

  • Y, this whole system just needs to be fully disabled again — or at the very least, stop using public matches as a testing ground while it’s still so clearly broken. Innocent players are being punished for something that doesn’t even work properly yet.

  • I thought they disabled it so that they could fix it, so that it wouldn't do this?

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    I thought they disabled it so that they could fix it, so that it wouldn't do this?

    Yeah, they re-enabled it, and it's still not fixed.

  • Created a forum account just to add my feedback to this - I'm a relatively new player (just hit 200 hours last month!), and I'm still trying to learn and understand a lot of the perks and killers, as there's a lot and the game doesn't really explain them super well. As of this update, I've had some matches where I get this "suspicious activity" popup as survivor when I get tunneled out and no one saves me on 2nd hook.

    As an example, last match I just had was against ghoul - I was using deja vu, and went to a highlighted gen, and he immediately came to my gen (idk if he had aura reading perks or what, but I've noticed that happens a lot to me) and downed me, then hooked me (all within' like 20s from starting match). Someone unhooked me, and I ran to another highlighted gen across the map, since I was running resilience too and wanted to get some progress on it and it was far away from the hooked position, in case the killer decided to come back where I was.

    Got the gen halfway done, before the Ghoul vaulted across half the map to this new gen I was at apparently, and downed me again, then hooked me. Then he goes to chase after the person who unhooked me the first time (Nea I think?). Other two teammates are across the entire map doing something else (either healing or a gen, I don't remember), one is in chase, so no one comes to save me. This wasn't a particularly enjoyable match for me, and then the game also tells me it's going to penalize me for it as well.

    I have not played too much since this new update, but this system seems extremely unfriendly to new players - I can't do the weird 360 thing some people do or loop someone for minutes (stats say my longest chase is 56s), and I make a lot of mistakes. I'm still learning, so I'll have really good matches and sometimes really bad matches like this one above, it honestly just depends on what the matchmaking wants to give me. My survive rate is only 25%, and I think the average is 40% based on some stats I saw, so I'm aware I'm just generally worse at this game than the majority of the playerbase (who probably have 1000s of hours if I had to guess).

    If the game is going to start punishing me for trying to learn but going against way more experienced people than me, I'm honestly not sure I want to play it in this current state. It's not very fun to be trying your best at something only to be hit with a penalty because the game deems "you played too bad, you must be trying to intentionally lose" when it's just me getting tunneled because I'm bad at looping vs this specific killer (some killer powers seem extremely "cheap" in so much that I don't know how to counter them, Ghoul being one of them) and they see me as an easy target (tends to happen often, I'm almost always the first person out in the trial unfortunately…), and that's considered a "valid play strategy" to tunnel one person as the killer.

  • Sunk cost fallacy at work with them on this. They put time and effort into the system. Now they won't let it go regardless of how awful it is. I think they will eventually get rid of it but not before everyone suffers through it for the next year or so. Let me ask you this. Should they really be pouring resources into this when you consider all of the problems this game continues to have? It just seems like a bad idea.

  • To be fair, they do play the game. I just suspect that a lot of what they'd implement falls on deaf ears somewhere in the chain of command.