Fog Vials are spammable and that is a problem

Today I was testing the new Item The Fog Vials and every chase through out the entire match was just The Bots spamming the Item so I couldn't do anything. The Item should have a limited use of maybe 3 for Rare, 2 for Uncommon and 1 for Common.

I don't think it should be nerfed on what it does just not having it be spammable would be great

Comments

  • @OriginalBlendett said:

    Or if you see someone bringing them and have issues with tracking you can bring perks and add-ons to help with that? Spies from the shadow, something that makes you undetectable to help you get the first hit quickly so you can follow the blood trail also helps.

    If theres crow then maybe spies wil help but what gets me on them is aurablocking for hooks when you carry as killer and number of bug they cause.

  • @OriginalBlendett said:

    Or if you see someone bringing them and have issues with tracking you can bring perks and add-ons to help with that? Spies from the shadow, something that makes you undetectable to help you get the first hit quickly so you can follow the blood trail also helps.

    It blocks aura perks and scratch marks, so that takes out almost every single one short of stuff like whispers. Also I thought we didn't like needing a perk to counter x, let alone when it affects something as crucial as tracking? Especially when it comes to accessibility, you know, like spine chill?

  • Having any of the tiers be a one-time use would make them terrible.

    I don't think they warrant being limited use, they're just not that good on an individual level. Making them reusable gives them a higher chance of influencing the match at all, most fog vial uses I see either barely influence the chase or do nothing.

  • @OriginalBlendett said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3974598#Comment_3974598

    If killers were not able to fully see and plan out exactly how to counter survivors in the lobby I would agree but unless they remove that ability from killers I don't really see this as an issue. And you don't even need a perk to counter it you can just follow blood trails or use basic game sense to counter it.

    This is the second topic I've seen where someone has tried to use lobby dodging as some type of valid form of opting out of this item. That is not a valid form of opting out in any case, let alone one of an item that can be equipped by up to 4 players and reused multiple times per match on a cooldown.

    If you think it only affects "game sense," then you don't understand the issues it causes for people with hearing or vision issues. Or you just don't care.

  • One of the big problems with fog vials is they are balanced as if they were limited use items, but they are unlimited use items.

    An item if infinite uses needs to be balanced as an item the killer might have to deal with, over and over and over, throughout the entire game. It has to be balanced around the fact that all 4 survivors might be bringing this item to the game.

  • @OriginalBlendett said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3974617#Comment_3974617

    What? No I'm saying you can bring perks and stuff to help with tracking not just dodge the lobby. Lobby dodging is annoying.

    It blocks aura perks, diminishes visuals and audio and hides scratch marks. The only tracking perks or addons that can even help are ones that would give you either killer instinct or ones that give auxiliary info that is then used to track. So whispers and spies, but what else? Need to know so that I can decide what 2-3 other perks I'm allowed to run now.

  • Oh, ok, good to know thats all I need for my impairment to not be disproportionately impacted by this item.

  • sure they are spammable but they do nothing against a killer with a pair of eyes so everyone playing this game. a annoyance at most.

    when people get used to facing them they will just keep getting weaker and weaker.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    sure they are spammable but they do nothing against a killer with a pair of eyes so everyone playing this game. a annoyance at most.

    when people get used to facing them they will just keep getting weaker and weaker.

    Yeah, I really don't get the major outcry. My experience from both sides is that they are generally hit or miss (and that's fine for an item with unlimited uses like this).

  • because of fog vials killer using a lot screaming perks makes the survivors scream so annoying on both sides.

  • @OriginalBlendett said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3974575#Comment_3974575

    Sure but bugs aside I'm more here pointing out how there's actual counterplay killers have. Most just don't like having to change their strategy or adapt.

    Idk whats counterplay this item just makes doublebacking and holding W much stronger against not mobility killers (mobility like blights,ghouls,billys or wraths,vecnas mobility which can killer directly control not like dreadge or sadako).

    Bugs aside its hard to tell how good vials are because theres huge amount of bugs that make it more stronger than it should be same with ghoul.

  • Gotta 2x the cooldown

  • Oh no the fog vials might make your kill rate drop from 70% to 67%, so unbalanced.

  • @OriginalBlendett said:

    Or if you see someone bringing them and have issues with tracking you can bring perks and add-ons to help with that? Spies from the shadow, something that makes you undetectable to help you get the first hit quickly so you can follow the blood trail also helps.

    I kinda agree. I think that new elements force meta shake up. I'm bored of Pain re, corrupt, dms and surge 99 % of the game. It's same why I kinda love the change to franklins. If you want to fight medkits, bring antiheal perks. (I'm leverage lover) If you don't want to get tunneled you have to bring ds too. I feel like people should understand that the perks can provide you value while some can't and tuning that by nerfs so you can still run the same builds is just boring.