Would You Use a 'Perk Loadout Randomizer' Button in Public Matches?
Just a fun idea I had — what if there was an optional button in the loadout screen that gave you a fully randomized perk set before a public match?
Could be a fun way to break out of meta tunnel vision and encourage more creative gameplay. Maybe even have it as part of a “Daily Challenge” system for bonus Bloodpoints.
Would anyone actually use it? Or would it just get you tunneled harder 😅
Curious what killers and survivors think.
Jhonn Mick
Tagged:
Community Manager
Comments
I think it’d be a good idea, maybe add a perk which gives a random perk and 25% extra blood points and you can take it as all four perks if you like.
My version of it would basically be a selectable ‘perk’ that essentially functions as a ‘random perk’…perk.
And instead of more BP, it gives more EXP. So that it contributes to Iri Shard gain.
I wouldn't mind a full on featuring for a perk randomizer option or even having a Common offering that randomizes your perks but you get a BP bonus for using it.
A loadout option would be fine too even if there was just a perk slot that selected any perk you have unlocked.
So basically
Offering = Randomize perk loadout with all perks available in game for a bonus.
Randomize Slot = Random perk in the loadout slot based on what you have unlocked and available.
I would use both personally - I love variety.
edit - Wait why do you have a random link in your post?
only if it rewarded me for that.
im not hindering myself just to play against same boring tryhard meta for free
I mean, people would probably use it, but I dont think that it is worth implementing. We have Chaos Shuffle for that. And the fun part about Chaos Shuffle is that not only you have a random Build, but all your opponents have random builds as well. They just need to make sure that Items and Add Ons cannot be used or are randomized as well (Map Offerings are irrelevant now, so no need to remove those from Chaos Shuffle IMO), since people sweat with those when they cannot do it with Perks.
But in the regular queue, I think that it is doubtful that many people would randomize their loadouts. You would basically make yourself and your build worse and still go against Meta. I dont mind to play with random Perks, but I dont play with random Perks against 4 Survivors with Meta Builds or a Killer with 3+ Slowdowns.
I say yes, it would be a nice quality of life tool for those who like doing randomize challenges in general. Yeah, I know mostly content creators, but those are an important part of the community as well.
I have wanted this for years, I had to use sites to create random builds for me and load them up myself. It would be great to have one button to do this.
I often get bored with the game so random perks sometimes spice it up for me and it would be good to be able to do this on demand and not just during shuffle
Me personally...no.
I randomise all my builds anyway, because the game is just that much more interesting. Plus, it's surprising how useful some of the lesser perks are in the situations I've been in, and also the opponent can also be confused by rarely-used perks or non-sensical combinations.
It's also great when you survive or get the 4k against proper builds, whilst mine are just confusing.
No
If it said you'd gain 100% more BP from this match, then sure I'd do it. But other than that? Nope.
sure why not.
Definitely
There are some great suggestions in this thread. I can make sure these are noted down on our end!
no but this seems like what most people wanted from a chaos shuffle. so for them I support it.
my chaos Shuffle was leveling up the old bloodweb. you had to make use of what you got if you were dead set on playing a specific survivor. as horrible as the old system was, it got you to try different loadouts.
Sure