If a game mode came out that was the same as the current game, except neither survivors or killers have any haste/hinder perks or addons and was removed from any powers, and there was no aura reading except for gen aura would you play?
I normally don't use any of those things, anyway. Only perk I really care about is Lightborn, which does have aura reading, but the mode can take that away as long as I get to keep the anti-blindness. If I can't have Lightborn at all, then I wouldn't play as killer. As survivor, it would make no difference to me except that I wouldn't be going against those things.
I'd take it further. I'd like a completely perk free mode.
A mode without perks or add-ons would be interesting, but a mode without only hinder, haste, and aura wouldn't be that much of a change to regular DbD in a way that would make me engage with it.
Honestly, that just sounds like a really boring game mode. Every killer is just going to be running Max regression and survivors won’t play because they can’t run most exhaustion
Removing perks and elements does not make the game better, it makes it less dynamic.
Having a competitive mode where certain "chance" based elements (Such as luck and perks like Dramaturgy) are removed might make sense, but stripping buffs/debuffs such as the games entire mobility system, information system, or other reward systems would severely disrupt gameplay balance while also making the overall experience much less interesting.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I normally don't use any of those things, anyway. Only perk I really care about is Lightborn, which does have aura reading, but the mode can take that away as long as I get to keep the anti-blindness. If I can't have Lightborn at all, then I wouldn't play as killer. As survivor, it would make no difference to me except that I wouldn't be going against those things.
I'd take it further. I'd like a completely perk free mode.
A mode without perks or add-ons would be interesting, but a mode without only hinder, haste, and aura wouldn't be that much of a change to regular DbD in a way that would make me engage with it.
Honestly, that just sounds like a really boring game mode. Every killer is just going to be running Max regression and survivors won’t play because they can’t run most exhaustion
ah yes, cant wait to play a game where survivors can just hide all match
Removing perks and elements does not make the game better, it makes it less dynamic.
Having a competitive mode where certain "chance" based elements (Such as luck and perks like Dramaturgy) are removed might make sense, but stripping buffs/debuffs such as the games entire mobility system, information system, or other reward systems would severely disrupt gameplay balance while also making the overall experience much less interesting.