Truly disappointed with this event
While the idea of an event in itself is nice, the way it was designed is astonishgly lacking. Killers get many less points than survivors, resulting in almost every killer playing the survivor role, increasing waiting times for a lobby. Points needed to get a coin increase for every single coin you already got, making it an endless grind, rather than something you play because you have fun. Not to mention the absurd amount of sweaty killers this event has brought, effectively increasing tunneling even more (and I didn't think ot was even possible). This is just unbearable. Event offerings spawn much less than they should, when you need to spend 50-60k BPs to get ONE, and we still don't have dedicated servers, so having to rely on the killer's unexistant internet, when the killer is somebody else (IF you manage to join a lobby a killer doesn't quit from), is mandatory. Have you guys ever stopped thinking that something like rewarding killers with event points for say, giving the last survivor the hatch, could possibly lower toxicity by a bit, at least on killer side? Or giving survivors more points if they all manage to escape a trial? I am seeing NOEDs, tunneling, camping, Ruin, Nurse's and BBQ in EVERY SINGLE MATCH since the start of this event, as if the "vanilla" game was not full of that already. Really, I can't think of anything more toxic or poorly designed than this event is. Last, but definitely not least, 9.5/10 times I play survivor, all 4 of us spawn in the same exact location, without an offering that makes it be that way.
Comments
Playing survivor, teammates keep DCing before any gens are done. I've ended a lot of matches with 0 event points.
I can't get crap for points as killer. Survivors keep DCing the first time I down them, or if I'm lucky on their first hook. Then I can either wait forever for the ones left to do the gens, or I can do what killers have done to me and kill them quickly so I can move to the next match, leaving them with no event points. Neither option is enjoyable.
No matter which side I play or how I handle it, I'm getting very few event points and having no fun. That's a terrible combination for an event. It shouldn't be like this.
As survivor I spend more time trying to get into a game than I do playing that game.
Once in the game I do most of the work because other survivors just hatch camp and then I get 1 hooked because peiple aren't saving each other.
As killer they disconnect before you can even hook them.
This event is awful. Just end it please lol lets go back to normal games. You had a nice try devs but it just isn't working, everyonr is at their most toxic.
It is unfortunate some cannot fathom other players doing well at something that they personally are not. Therefor it must be false.
"balls of steel not to surrender" and a brainless mindset to disbelief anything you can't do yourself.
There is so much of that on these forums.
They received a lot of backlash from their last event, adding another objective was not they way to go, so they tied it in with the main objective, like it was suggested. That is why it is as simple as it is.
It's not even a grind. The event goes for 13 days. I've got 6 coins in 2 days playing normally, that is both killer and survivor. Stop pretending it's a grind when you can obtain all skins playing normal.
Why are you even surprised anymore? This happens EVERY event.
Have to agree, they didn't even bother to add a bloodhunt or anything, just a few cosmetics, probably just another grab for more free money as some people are too lazy to play and just buy the cosmetics straight up, which are definitely not worth the money at all, maybe the feng and huntress outfits, but it really was disappointing compared to the christmas and halloween ones we just had.
CronaWins said:
The Blight was not killer sided. Killers needed survivors to bring flowers for more chances at filling nectar (remember the hooks were only 2 and could only be used once, meaning a killer by himself could only get half a vial with an offering and on the condition he could reach the hooks.)
speaking of killers, the Blight was actually better for killers too. It was more obvious when a killer was actually playing the event and not being a total weed, and decent survivors like myself would get hooked to help them out. The killer rewards were also more rewarding even if the minimal ill placed hooks were harder to obtain. Half a vial leading up to 15 max was easier than being forced to play above average just for a measly 12-20 points when you need THOUSANDS to get everything.
Hallowed Blight was broken af but what matters is that it was fun.
Survivors were happy as long as they got their nectar, killers were happy because only 2 gens max got done.
This event....it's just bleh.