New Afk system question.

So it says you are considered afk after 10 seconds of not interacting. Interacting with what? Does that mean specifically gens? If I'm going for a save across the map will it start counting me as afk?

Comments

  • Im a killer main, but I dont like this system. The reason is that I DON'T want the game to be all chasing. I would prefer a slower paced game where the survivors had to hide from me. I dont like them to be all running everywhere like ping pong balls in a pinball machine while yakety sax is playing. Thats the opposite of the kind of game I want. Please bring the horror and suspense back.

    Id prefer if Behaviour did not implement this.

  • @LordGlint said:

    Feel like a step in the right direction would be to pause the point gain on anyone who's running. It would help separate someone who had to cross the map to get an unhook or something from someone who is crouching behind a bush for half the match.

    A step in the right direction would be to get rid of it as it currently is, bring back the old afk system and have the new one kick in ONLY when two Survs are left, after the 2nd sacrifice is completed. I mean that's when the hiding starts because BHVR has created a dead end as end game. There is no reason that Survs should be getting afk crows with a full team or 3/4 a team, unless they are completely non moving for minutes.

  • @Roco45 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3946460#Comment_3946460

    A step in the right direction would be to get rid of it as it currently is, bring back the old afk system and have the new one kick in ONLY when two Survs are left, after the 2nd sacrifice is completed. I mean that's when the hiding starts because BHVR has created a dead end as end game. There is no reason that Survs should be getting afk crows with a full team or 3/4 a team, unless they are completely non moving for minutes.

    You say that, but every discussion people would have about why they should be allowed to die ASAP after 1 chase, like half the comments in support would have ppl insisting they wanted to dip because their teammates weren't doing anything. It's crazy to me how common that was in THOSE threads, but how rare it is in this one.

  • The crows are way overtuned. Got crows along with a teammate because a Springtrap ran "no way out". Us having to wait out the timer for the perk gave us crows that lasted while we finally got to try and open the door where he had "remember me". So we ended up dying because of afk crows that we could do pretty much nothing about. This is a load of BS to say the least and they need to dial this change in a bit again.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/448162/new-afk-system-question

    I believe there's a confusion with the wording - you won't get crows until after 60s have passed. They do not appear immediately at all, so you need to have not been progressing the game or within range of the killer for some time before you get any AFK crows.

    I understand that you don't get crows after ten seconds. I was referring to when you start to gain afk points.

  • @Dustin said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/448162/new-afk-system-question

    I actually had this happen to me yesterday - I had to take a scenic route around the map for a save and ended up getting crows. It was the only incident I recall happening since update but maybe the timer should be toned down based on how many people are alive. I saved, healed and started working on a gen and somehow I ended up getting level 2 crows but they went away immediately after.

    To fully explain what was happening - most of us were injured and the killer was occasionally checking on hook. I had to walk around the map to get a better angle to line of sight the killers view just enough to give me time to save.

    If it happens again I'll record a video - I admit I forgot to clip it because I didn't think much of it in the moment of playing and more focused on trying not to die.

    Yeah this is what I was worried about.

  • @ThatRyanB said:

    One important caveat here is that if a Survivor is actively moving or close to the Killer, the rate at which these AFK points accumulate behind the scenes is greatly slowed. This means that players should still have ample opportunities to opt for stealth where necessary.

    It's not lost on me, though, that we're seeing some reports of folks who say they're receiving crows in the course of regular gameplay. The best way we can help relay your experiences to the team is through concrete evidence, so if you've encountered this, please do share video footage of this with us, ideally including the 2-4 minutes of footage before the crow shows up. This way, we can provide much more detail on the specific gameplay that led to this circumstance.

    In case anyone working on this needs to know…

    I received a crow just before working on a generator and unknown to me, the killer was really close but in stealth mode. As so as I got on the gen, the crow appeared. I saw the killer a few seconds later, got off the gen and got downed. The crow went away when I was downed. Not when I got on the generator, or being close to the killer in stealth mode. All my other matches from yesterday, I didn't get a crow. Only when I went up against a stealth killer.

    It might be possible that playing against a stealth killer (or anytime they can be stealthy) could have a role to play in this. just thought I'd bring this up so it may help with getting it fixed.

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    So, from what I've gathered, you start earning "afk points" toward crows after 10 seconds of "not interacting". The points accumulate slower if you're near the killer, but you have to complete one of these to reset the "points":

    • At least 15s of gen progress (I believe in one go).
    • Fully break or bless a totem.
    • Fully heal a health state for any survivor, including yourself.
    • Open a chest.
    • Be in chase with the killer.

    I'm unsure how things like "being slugged" are counted, since you literally can't do anything but crawl. But I do know that missing a skill check while hooked will consider you attempting to "go next" for the disconnect penalty.

    So, unless I'm missing a pretty big list, things like lurking for saves, literally any sneaky/stealth play, or even literally unhooking someone, don't reset your afk meter.

    Very disingenuous, from someone who seems to have gathered a lot of information you left out a very important part, and that is that it takes 1 minute on top of the 10 second timer to get even a single crow, and if you do so much as walk then that timer is increased to 2 minutes. So, no, stealth isn't destroyed, you need to stop doom posting and straight up overexaggerating, you're almost just lying about the severity of this issue.

    BHVR made some odd choices regarding what should add and what should get rid of your afk timer

    - a lot of killer interactables won't decrease or reset your timer
    - can reset a timer when touching a chest which allowed a survivor in a game to walk loops in the basement touching chest every so often to avoid crows entirely
    - unhooking doesn't get rid of crows just the heal action

    In my games at middle to higher mmr I haven't seen a single survivor get a crow nor have I myself. This is simply due to the fact that crows now do not punish afk players but afk and inefficient alike. Players too scared to pressure gens or go for heals that might be risky, players that don't commit to a gen or a heal due to the killer being nearby, and players that just simply don't know the map layout and REALLY can't find a generator for nearly 2 minutes are the players getting crows. As well as like I said survivors who are efficient and could be considered "afk" or egregiously stealthing can circumvent the crows regardless.

    While this shows clear flaw in the system, there's a lot more issues that need to be addressed over this.

  • @ChaosWam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3946415#Comment_3946415

    Likewise, just about to say the same thing. Currently streaming and trying boon and stealth builds to try and force it more.

    Unsure if I can share a stream link to show here, but my twitch username is Voidlines.

    I finally started playing the patch. Only did 5 matches, but never got an afk crow once. I do a mix of stealth, gen pressure, and chases in my gameplay. Off topic, but so far I've loved going up against springtrap! I hope they fix the invisibility glitch, though.

  • @Vrose29 said:

    DbD is supposed to be a horror game, which should allow some stealth. Theres times I've gotten Crows for lurking nearby because someone brought killer and is looping near what I was doing (a great example is shack generator). Or new players, like my friend, who still find the game scary and are more weary. She does stuff but definitely takes her time. They cannot fix all complaints because people are people. These changes feel like an unneccesary overcorrection.

    Here's my hot takes:

    1) Go next needs to be scrapped. I stand by a better option is give people 2 or 3 set chances to 4% on first hook, like before, but they do NOT take away you hook health state. Then after that you wait to be unhooked or go second. Or, more controversial, is let people DC without penalty. A killer they dont like or have a phobia? They're upset? They can leave and we get a bot. I would say improve survivor bots if this happened. Right now you still have survivors throwing fits because they can't die, which hurts the team. Not having 4% is harmful, especially when no one is unhooking that's your only chance. People already have said for a long time "just DC so we can at least get a bot" but then they get a penalty. People would leave if they didnt and the game could go on.

    2) The afk system needs to also be scrapped. I understand theyre trying to fix things but its an overcorrection of a non issue. They did a built in DC for killers after 10 minutes. Same way if we get slugged we can abandon. Both dont solve the issue but it's something. However this afk system almost nullifies the point of the killers abandon. If a survivor doesnt touch a gen they get crows and killer can find them. This afk system just punishes survivors, especially baby ones new to game. How are they gonna acknowledge they need people to play survivor more, especially in 2v8, then make these changes to alienate them? As someone who plays both, mostly survivor until now, "extreme hiding" isnt an issue. People need patience and if not use the abandon feature.

    3) The mori change is diabolical. It takes away so many chances for a come back and for someone to get out. Unbreakable, adrenaline, tenacity, hatch offering, Entity being kind (my favorite kind of videos) - all gone because of this change. People who complained about waiting to mori are usually the ones who slugged, tunneled, and acted toxic. They can wait the little time it takes for us to die. Once again a change to punish survivors and "fix" a non issue.

    Not to mention just how nuanced the game can be at certain times, this type of system just doesn't work. Just before this system was introduced I had a game against a deathslinger and I was doing shack gen that had basement in it. The deathslinger would pop over to the shack gen while I would go into the basement to avoid him. He'd kick the gen and patrol around it for a bit to then leave and then I'd go back up to stop the regression which he then would come back over in that time span to check again while I'd slink back into the basement after stopping the regression.

    I kept him busy for a large portion of the match doing that, because I literally would only have enough time to barely stop the regression before he would come back over and he didn't want to commit to checking the basement, it gave my teammates enough time to do the other gens and the deathslinger finally stopped once he had kicked it to where it was blocked.

    In this new system I would get the crows in no time, with a giant target pointing to exactly where I am even though not only am I playing the game, but I'm outplaying the killer immensely.

    The system needs to be killswitched, not patched or revised. It's stupid, promotes dumbed down gameplay and rewards low skilled Killers.

  • Bit of an extreme example, but:

    - Thana with 4 injured survivors
    - Thrill of the hunt
    - Calm spirit

    Start of the match, run directly to Hex and start cleansing. Get two crows before the cleanse is complete. (Stood still for like 6 seconds to confirm location of hex from killers pov)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCulYI6h3ww
1 2 ›