Invocation: Treacherous Crows should have a different debuff
Treacherous Crows can provide mapwide coverage on the killer's location as well as help in chase. This is a fairly decent effect (if a little inconsistent) which is strengthened by the fact it works on the entire team, for only a single perk slot.
However, being broken for the entire trial is an extremely drastic downside for the perk to have, that makes it completely not worth running.
Risking a trip to basement and spending 60 seconds not contributing to the team is already a fair downside for the perk to be balanced. I understand that invocations are intended to have a permanent debuff to the user, but I think its debuff could be changed to something much less impactful.
My suggestion (to replace the broken) would be to give the killer a mapwide Spies from the Shadows effect on the invocation user. This works better with the perk's identity (particularly with the crows being treacherous - they betray your location too), while also being a much fairer debuff given the perk's effect. This would also give it extra synergy with Calm Spirit, which would be a nice indirect buff to that perk.
Edit: I should mention this post is coming from someone who genuinely likes this perk. I've had a lot of fun with the aura from birds and don't think it really needs changes in that regard. Unfortunately, the debuff is so terrible that it kills a lot of fun in using it. I'd love to run perks that synergise with its effect, like Calm Spirit and Eyes of Belmont, but I often find I need to run perks like Sprint Burst or stealth perks just to slightly mitigate the awful downside. Killers are also more likely to tunnel broken survivors, making anti-tunnel perks also arguably a requirement. Having to dedicate your entire build just to lessen this perk's awful penalty (and it still being worse than nothing) just makes it inflexible and hard to use. If it were changed to not make you broken, it would be a really fun perk with good synergy and build variety, and personally would be one of my favourites.
Comments
Yeah I feel like Invocations have the potential to be a fun perk, they just need more attention and thought behind them.