Game Mode idea: POV SWITCH:

I've always wondered what it would be like to play survivor in 1st person. I know people will say that the entire gimmick of 3rd Person is to see around you easier mainly when working on Gens but what if you didn't have that and had to rely on a different sense ro survivor.

Morely Killer being in 3rd person wouldn't work mainly for Nemi or a much Larger Killer I would make the pov morely on the side like some 3rd person Shooters do and allow you to which from either side to help with Visibility.

Honestly I would disable Chucky because of him already in 3rd person and if he had to be in 1st person just wouldn't work so that's a sad one. But do want people to let me know on this idea

Comments

  • If I can recall correctly there was a survey that went out about over a year ago that had a bunch of ideas for different modes, from this we got lights out, chaos shuffle, and most importantly 2v8 (technically also my little oni). On this survey however there were plenty more modes such as one much like the gamemode you are describing. Am I saying it's in the cards for the future, no I'm not, but there is potential it will eventually be implemented.

  • I always loved the idea of first person survivor. Obviously it'd be worse than playing third person gameplay wise, but it could make the game feel genuinely scary again if you're okay with losing some matches. Like imagine hiding in lockers in first person, or crouching behind something to hide without being able to see the killer.

  • It is not hard to imagine that changing the POV would change the field of view and make the gameplay work or not. However, Killer is almost exclusively 1st person POV, and some people find it impossible to play Killer because of 3D sickness. I hope the development will do a good job of balancing the game, and I would like to see it implemented, even if it is an event only mode.

  • This would most likely flop harder than lights out. 3rd person for killer is a huge buff and 1st person for survivors a huge nerf, so I have no idea why anyone would ever queue up as survivor for such a mode.

  • @Hex_Ignored said:

    This would most likely flop harder than lights out. 3rd person for killer is a huge buff and 1st person for survivors a huge nerf, so I have no idea why anyone would ever queue up as survivor for such a mode.

    Again it's only a thought. I've been wanting new gamemodes in DBD