Chat on Console

I really don't see why the end-game chat should not be on console. It's a fun feature and cross-platform play exists, so why not make this a thing?

Comments

  • I don't think most PC players would wait for console players to type out a response. Chat would probably mostly be PC players talking at console players, and there's a good chance it wouldn't be nice. This game is the entire reason I turned off messaging on PlayStation.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    I don't think most PC players would wait for console players to type out a response. Chat would probably mostly be PC players talking at console players, and there's a good chance it wouldn't be nice. This game is the entire reason I turned off messaging on PlayStation.

    Typing on console can be hard yea, but I personally am pretty fast at it, I wouldn't care about being insulted either, rly

  • Yeah most of our PC cousins won't wait around fourteen minutes for me to painfully type out a single sentence.

    I think having another couple of chats to have to police is the strongest factor though.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    I don't think most PC players would wait for console players to type out a response. Chat would probably mostly be PC players talking at console players, and there's a good chance it wouldn't be nice. This game is the entire reason I turned off messaging on PlayStation.

    MnK support is coming to console soon though so people will be able to type quickly once that comes, although the chat feature should be on a toggle thats default disabled.

  • In theory, as a PS5 player, I agree. In practice, the only time I've gotten any messages via PSN from people I've played with have been people being jerks. So honestly I don't think we're missing out too much.