The Onryo needs a rework (Yes, again)

Onryo received two reworks already, and I can say this is the worst state of Sadako since her release.

Hello, my name is Lucy, and I'm from Spain, and I apologize in advance if my english is not that good, but I needed to do this.

I have more than 1500+ hours on her, and if the survivors are just decent, you can't do anything against them.

Let's start.

  1. Survivors controls your power with no downside.

Yes, the counter of this killer is just one second interaction (pick tape) with no downside whatsoever.

The first Sadako had the passive condemn, and the second one at least you can break it with a hit and give them two stacks, but now they can just deliver the tape with another one second interaction with no punishment at all.

They can just take the tape and repair with no downside at all and you are powerless.

2. Your power only works in a few maps.

Even if the survivors are not very smart and they don't pick up tapes, your power only works in a few maps like the game, Midwich and forgotten ruins.

And as I said in the first part, even tho if you put someone full condemn they still can deliver their tape in front of you with that one second animation if they are healthy, because you can't breake it.

3. Her "chase power"

Some people say her has her manifestation ability for mindgames, but I tried many times against GOOD people even in short loops and still doesn't work against them, even with the addons (Reiko's watch and old's newspaper) is pointless, and pray even more if they predrop the pallet.

4. Besides Pig, she is the WORST killer in the game.

Onryo is the only killer that the survivor has the absolute control of the game; 1 They control your power with no downside. 2 You don't have chase power, that means you are an m1 killer the entire match and against decent survivors you can't do anything against them. 3 Believe or not, trapper with his best addons (iri ones) and legion with chase build are better than her, because you can snowball with trapper if you are lucky, and with the buff of legion that cancel your power so fast (and maybe iri addon of breakin pallets) you can down survivors easily in many scenarios.

I know in this game everyone has his own point of view, but as p100 Sadako which started playing this game because of her and loves playing her, I know this 4 facts are real, and it's atrocious, because the frustration I feel playing with this killer against good survivors I can't feel it with another one, because with other killers I feel like you can do something, but with Sadako even if you play perfectly, if the survivors play just fine, they are going to destroy you, maybe even in your best maps.

With this post I only want her to be finally in a good state, I have many ideas to improve her, but I'm not a developer to say that.

Her second state I still think it was the best, but I understand that it was not good because she was maybe too oppresive for new players because she only needed to spam teleports, and again too weak against good players because the counter was just pick a tape.

My basic idea for her is to put her power in a more interactive way that only just make "random tp's", and the survivors can't control your power, and if they do at least it has some risk for them or some downside.

Please be respectfull on this, the purpose of this post is to let the developers new the real state of Sadako and make her finally playable in mid to high mmr, because, as I said, it feels unplayable against decent survivors, at the level I had to stop playing her because the frustration is too much to handle for me.

Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • She's just a very weak killer at the moment. She doesn't reach F-tier with Trapper, Myers and Merchant, but she's definitely at the bottom of D-tier. Her chase is terrible, Condemn is too unreliable and survivors have too much control over her power. The biggest problem is her results simply do not match the amount of effort you have to put in with her. Especially if you compare her to killers with borderline brainless powers that achieve equal or better results for far less effort.

    While I don't really think she needs another rework (even if I would prefer one), she definitely needs serious buffs in almost every part of her kit to bring her to a less laughable position.

  • @ObsidianButterfly said:

    She's just a very weak killer at the moment. She doesn't reach F-tier with Trapper, Myers and Merchant, but she's definitely at the bottom of D-tier. Her chase is terrible, Condemn is too unreliable and survivors have too much control over her power. The biggest problem is her results simply do not match the amount of effort you have to put in with her. Especially if you compare her to killers with borderline brainless powers that achieve equal or better results for far less effort.

    While I don't really think she needs another rework (even if I would prefer one), she definitely needs serious buffs in almost every part of her kit to bring her to a less laughable position.

    I have to disagree with her condemned being unreliable, as this is simply not the case if done correctly. This also makes her pretty decent even at higher level.

    If asked about a tier list, I would put her right next to Pig in mid c-tier. Both killers are a lot better than most give them credit for.

    (Sadako goes right into A+ tier if put on Gideon meat plant though)

    I absolutely agree though, that she is too weak for the amount of effort a player has to put in in regard to winning and especially when compared to either killers. She has a deceptively high strategic skill ceiling, which most people never really reach because the game tells you nothing about it.

    As I said before, playing Sadako stresses me more than playing any other killer due to how much I need to keep in mind while playing. Other killers, that are chase oriented, are a lot less stressful, because they are, no offence at all, simpler to play. Their power is more straight forward.

    Sadly, as you pointed out, these other killers also often perform better with less effort put in.

    Maybe there could be basekit features that help to make her easier to play?

    • TVs Sadako shut down are highlighted yellow?
    • TVs a survivor shut down are highlighted in a different colour?

    This would already make TV tracking a lot easier.

  • The one thing I would like to see changed is to prioritise TV placement over things like chests, as sometimes you can have areas with no TVs and others with multiple right next to each other.
    I think it’s still a thing as well where survivor coin offerings can make TV placements even worse and the same applies to Xeno tunnel entrances, Pig boxes and Singu EMPs etc

  • @DarKStaR350z said:

    The one thing I would like to see changed is to prioritise TV placement over things like chests, as sometimes you can have areas with no TVs and others with multiple right next to each other.
    I think it’s still a thing as well where survivor coin offerings can make TV placements even worse and the same applies to Xeno tunnel entrances, Pig boxes and Singu EMPs etc

    This. One of my biggest pet peeves and such an easy change. Makes it so you can't run anniversary offerings because it messes up your spawns, messes you up if others run them and forces you to run cut coins a lot to offset this bad design.

1 2 ›