Is he really that bad?
I see a lot of people on the forums saying trapper is awful, but I constantly 4K with him and have learned where to trap and on some maps you can force them to 1. Step in the traps or 2. Disarm them and give away their location. (Especially on Haddonfield) So is he really as bad as some claim?
Comments
That's what I thought but the team's I faced against probably weren't facing against trapper or know how to survive against him properly. But the moment I got a good team in one of my matches his bear traps are complete useless ######### and almost never get used at all and not a single survivor trapped.
I think it always depends on how the player uses a killer. When I play trapper sometimes I get people in traps and sometimes I don't. The choice is sometimes you have to lay down a trap knowing it will get disarmed because if you get in a chase then it will be dangerous for the survivor. Mostly when laying them down by the pallets.
Trying to think of places to put a trap can be very tricky and most of the time I think you'd want to use rarer add-ons to expand his power. The one in particular is the one that resets traps. That way you never have to worry about it, but since that is extremely useful it is so very limited.
Another thing I don't like is that you can sabotage his traps and if I remember right... the trap becomes useless. I guess it's ok, but if someone has sabotage then you're probably going to have a few less traps.
I think he is an ok killer. Not bad, but not great. Fun at times, but most of the time your traps won't get you too far in higher ranks.
Ah, Thank goodness. You can tell I'm still casual lol
TBH I feel trapper is great but can be completely demolished if the survivors know how to play against him and find his good trap placements. He takes so long to set up and move traps without specific addons, and using those addons removes his ability to really make his traps more lethal... So the survivors just have to adapt properly to his addons.
If the survivors don't do that well? He can body them pretty easily. If they do? You might go through an entire match not getting a single trap to spring, let alone catch someone in it before they RNG their way out.
Yeah he's pretty awful. He's only good at low ranks where survivors play badly. He needs quite a lot of buffs still.
Trapper is a weak killer. He brings very little to a match besides maybe a good trap spot or two. Once survivors know it is a Trapper, they’ll be more cautious of were they run unless they are in a chase and you make them go the way you want them to go.
If you can play Trapper and constantly get a 4K, it doesn’t matter if he is a weak killer because you perform well with him. I constantly get a 4K with Freddy even though he is often regarded as the weakest killer.
I love using the Trapper. As I've stated in other threads I've 4k with him on red ranks using only perks that helped with blood point gains. As well as padded jaws and a bag of my choice. Most of the time I don't get people in my traps but that hardly matters when I know how to chase fools and know how to hit a 360 survivor.
He’s pretty easy to 4K with when you realize how useless survivors are without pallets