New Perk Idea

I got a random survivor perk idea, and I have to share it because I thought it might be interesting for most people.

The perk name would be "Death Wish".

I got 2 ideas about how it could work:

  1. While healthy, press the Active Ability button 1 to activate the perk. After activation, the survivor becomes exposed for 20 seconds but sees the killer's aura for 5 seconds or so. (Or maybe speed boost instead.)
    I see it as high risk, high reward.
  2. After stunning a killer with a pallet or blinding them, the stun/blind duration is increased, but you become exposed/revealed for 20-ish seconds.
    It fits with the name "Death Wish" because you anger the killer by stunning them and making yourself vulnerable.

Comments

  • I prefer the second option, however I do have a few questions. Is 20 seconds the minimum time penalty or does it scale down with upgrading the perk? I'm also curious how many times would we be able to approximately utilize this perk during the trial? Does it go on cooldown; once after unhook (I understand that instance would conflict with the premise of the first option) or would it have a numbered amount of palletes for it to apply to, including a cooldown?
    Overall i believe it's a very unique and seemingly fun perk idea. ๐Ÿ˜‹

  • @snap_popper said:

    I prefer the second option, however I do have a few questions. Is 20 seconds the minimum time penalty or does it scale down with upgrading the perk? I'm also curious how many times would we be able to approximately utilize this perk during the trial? Does it go on cooldown; once after unhook (I understand that instance would conflict with the premise of the first option) or would it have a numbered amount of palletes for it to apply to, including a cooldown?
    Overall i believe it's a very unique and seemingly fun perk idea. ๐Ÿ˜‹

    20 seconds wouldn't change with perk tiers.

    Cooldown could either be exhaustion or just giving it, like, 60 seconds of cooldown.
    If cooldown would not be balanced, then maybe it activates after a certain action, like healing a survivor or being in the killer's terror radius for a specific amount of time.

    There are already a limited number of pallets anyways, so of course you couldn't use it forever.

  • In my experience any idea of perks/killers are waste of time since those are treated as fanfics, sometimes even moved to another forum so Devs cannot even take inspiration from it.

    So...

    Waste of time objectively.

    Subjectively. A little weak but with potential, quite fun ideas.

  • @DodoRex said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3912123#Comment_3912123

    20 seconds wouldn't change with perk tiers.

    Cooldown could either be exhaustion or just giving it, like, 60 seconds of cooldown.
    If cooldown would not be balanced, then maybe it activates after a certain action, like healing a survivor or being in the killer's terror radius for a specific amount of time.

    There are already a limited number of pallets anyways, so of course you couldn't use it forever.

    Ahโ€ฆ Didn't consider the pallet thing thorouhly. Thanks for clarifying the other options as well! I did consider asking if it were to be an exhaustion perk too. I do think that the action to activate the perk should be tied to it's general idea that is "risking death", so maybe spending an amount of time in chase would apply best? As you've mentioned yourself.

  • first option would actually be a pretty good perk, lowkey a better rapid response