Depends. If they stand still and swing from time to time, yes, because it's likely they're just farming bloodpoints. But then there are also killers who forget they started a lobby (like me) and find out they're in a game very late. But then I've also seen people using it to just derank. Depends on the case really. I think it's something you can get away with only a few times.
I appreciate the benefits from farming, but I hope it does become banable because simply because I'm playing the game to play, and when a killer does this it takes away from the experience. I figure people shouldn't join a match and then walk away, just don't start a game if you can't sit and engage with the other players.
I have never walked away from a game in the middle of it, and I find it kind of rude for people to do that while doing something multiplayer. I hope you get a few times of doing it because of emergencies, accidents, etc. But I hope in the end a player showing a trend of doing it gets removed to improve the gameplay experience.
@JoannaVO said:
Depends. If they stand still and swing from time to time, yes, because it's likely they're just farming bloodpoints. But then there are also killers who forget they started a lobby (like me) and find out they're in a game very late. But then I've also seen people using it to just derank. Depends on the case really. I think it's something you can get away with only a few times.
Even then its not bannable, only if they are using a macro
@xmenfanatic said:
I appreciate the benefits from farming, but I hope it does become banable because simply because I'm playing the game to play, and when a killer does this it takes away from the experience. I figure people shouldn't join a match and then walk away, just don't start a game if you can't sit and engage with the other players.
I have never walked away from a game in the middle of it, and I find it kind of rude for people to do that while doing something multiplayer. I hope you get a few times of doing it because of emergencies, accidents, etc. But I hope in the end a player showing a trend of doing it gets removed to improve the gameplay experience.
Why not just finish gens, take your points, and move onto the next match? It's not really a big deal. It's like 3 minutes out of your day.
@xmenfanatic said:
I appreciate the benefits from farming, but I hope it does become banable because simply because I'm playing the game to play, and when a killer does this it takes away from the experience. I figure people shouldn't join a match and then walk away, just don't start a game if you can't sit and engage with the other players.
I have never walked away from a game in the middle of it, and I find it kind of rude for people to do that while doing something multiplayer. I hope you get a few times of doing it because of emergencies, accidents, etc. But I hope in the end a player showing a trend of doing it gets removed to improve the gameplay experience.
Why not just finish gens, take your points, and move onto the next match? It's not really a big deal. It's like 3 minutes out of your day.
What makes you think I don't already do that?
Like I said, I appreciate it. BUT it still ruins the atmosphere of the game. I'm trying to play a survival game.
I appreciate the benefits from farming, but I hope it does become banable because simply because I'm playing the game to play, and when a killer does this it takes away from the experience. I figure people shouldn't join a match and then walk away, just don't start a game if you can't sit and engage with the other players.
I have never walked away from a game in the middle of it, and I find it kind of rude for people to do that while doing something multiplayer. I hope you get a few times of doing it because of emergencies, accidents, etc. But I hope in the end a player showing a trend of doing it gets removed to improve the gameplay experience.
I call bullcrap, nobody can stay every single match
I appreciate the benefits from farming, but I hope it does become banable because simply because I'm playing the game to play, and when a killer does this it takes away from the experience. I figure people shouldn't join a match and then walk away, just don't start a game if you can't sit and engage with the other players.
I have never walked away from a game in the middle of it, and I find it kind of rude for people to do that while doing something multiplayer. I hope you get a few times of doing it because of emergencies, accidents, etc. But I hope in the end a player showing a trend of doing it gets removed to improve the gameplay experience.
I call bullcrap, nobody can stay every single match
You can only speak for your own experiences, but you can't speak for mine.
should be banned even in 2024 there's no work around with this. 3 consecutive games with idle killer then may be 1 game with a playing killer on repeat is very annoying and a waste of time.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Depends. If they stand still and swing from time to time, yes, because it's likely they're just farming bloodpoints. But then there are also killers who forget they started a lobby (like me) and find out they're in a game very late. But then I've also seen people using it to just derank. Depends on the case really. I think it's something you can get away with only a few times.
Man, I hope not. Sometimes I get called away, and I figure going afk and being idle is better than just disconnecting.
I appreciate the benefits from farming, but I hope it does become banable because simply because I'm playing the game to play, and when a killer does this it takes away from the experience. I figure people shouldn't join a match and then walk away, just don't start a game if you can't sit and engage with the other players.
I have never walked away from a game in the middle of it, and I find it kind of rude for people to do that while doing something multiplayer. I hope you get a few times of doing it because of emergencies, accidents, etc. But I hope in the end a player showing a trend of doing it gets removed to improve the gameplay experience.
Only if he is bodyblocking someone in a corner and holds him hostage.
just being afk is not bannable
Even then its not bannable, only if they are using a macro
Why not just finish gens, take your points, and move onto the next match? It's not really a big deal. It's like 3 minutes out of your day.
What makes you think I don't already do that?
Like I said, I appreciate it. BUT it still ruins the atmosphere of the game. I'm trying to play a survival game.
Being stubborn, and/or not playing the game aren't bannable.
You can't be reported for not killing people.
You can only speak for your own experiences, but you can't speak for mine.
should be banned even in 2024 there's no work around with this. 3 consecutive games with idle killer then may be 1 game with a playing killer on repeat is very annoying and a waste of time.
I very seldom see an idle killer and I have over 6000 hours in the game.
When I am standing idle, it's because I am sick of the crap. Usually from an untouchable PC squad. They exist and I want nothing to do with them.