Pallet stuns

Alright what the hell is wrong with pallet stuns now? Can't play killer because now the pallet stun legit sucks me into it from the corner. I know this wasn't a thing 2-3 days ago. It wasn't in patch notes either. Can't the devs have ONE patch where they list EVERYTHING they do. It's getting harder and harder to believe this game is on the right track every day.

Comments

  • This has been an issue for a while now, I get hit by pallets all the time and then have to walk forwards to even get the break pallet prompt.

  • I never had the problem until recently. I couldn't even be within 5 inches of the pallet without it sucking me into the stun stopping me dead in my tracks. Used to be able to swing into a pallet but now..idk. Guess it's time to play survivor for a while.

  • Pallet hit boxes have been pretty off for a while, at least for me.
  • I never had the problem until recently. I couldn't even be within 5 inches of the pallet without it sucking me into the stun stopping me dead in my tracks. Used to be able to swing into a pallet but now..idk. Guess it's time to play survivor for a while.

    I still get hit after dropping a pallet/while dropping it as a survivor so idk man
  • I switched to survivor and started dropping pallets as soon as they rounded the corner and getting stuns 100% of the time. I really don't know when this changed but it's unholy.

  • YES!
    With 2.5, there seems to be a change in pallet stun detection.
    I did post about it in the Bugs section, but has had no response.

    They have DEFINITELY changed from 2.4 to 2.5, but it has been omitted from patchnotes.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Lmao it's possible the game bugged and went back to having the Survivor's pallet throw range mesh with the actual hitbox, extending to lengths it shouldn't be.

    Smh
  • @Supernaut said:
    YES!
    With 2.5, there seems to be a change in pallet stun detection.
    I did post about it in the Bugs section, but has had no response.

    They have DEFINITELY changed from 2.4 to 2.5, but it has been omitted from patchnotes.

    Not sure if the detection changed or just the way a pallet stun looks/feels for the killer. I got bullshit stuns before, but I think since 2.5 it definitively looks different for me.

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:
    Captain_Spaulding said:

    I never had the problem until recently. I couldn't even be within 5 inches of the pallet without it sucking me into the stun stopping me dead in my tracks. Used to be able to swing into a pallet but now..idk. Guess it's time to play survivor for a while.

    I still get hit after dropping a pallet/while dropping it as a survivor so idk man

    This is now a feature. Be good with pallets!
    (see achievements there is legit one for hitting survivors while they are dropping a pallet)

  • Should be looked at late 2021.

  • Still waiting on a response about this.... Any Dev want to clarify if it was a bug or intended change or if something is being done about it?

    As of now I can't even be at the edge of a pallet without being sucked into the corner and stunned.

  • Can't play killer because of these stupid pallet changes and can't play survivor cause of infinite loading screens and killer ping is #########. I'm sick of buffs and nerfs we need optimization patches. I don't want this game to die but slowly and surely the community is noticing things going wrong daily. If things keep up in this fashion the devs are gonna kill the game.

  • @Captain_Spaulding said:
    Alright what the hell is wrong with pallet stuns now? Can't play killer because now the pallet stun legit sucks me into it from the corner. I know this wasn't a thing 2-3 days ago. It wasn't in patch notes either. Can't the devs have ONE patch where they list EVERYTHING they do. It's getting harder and harder to believe this game is on the right track every day.

    It has been one of the several shadow nerfs to killer recently. I doubt that its a bug honestly

  • It can't be a bug. When it happens to every pallet I drop or get dropped on me it's an actual change.

  • Haven't actually noticed this myself. But if this is the case, it should be fixed.
    I'd recommend the spirit fury and enduring combo as long as this bug exists though.

  • My first survivor game today. The Clown hit through the pallet, alltough he was too far away to get this hit. Idk what you mean, maybe you're ping was just very low, often this is the problem. So heeey hopefully the dedicated servers are better than some bambus connections.

    And btw
    the pallet HAS TO work ^^ those last nano meter hits shouldnt be a thing tbh

  • Akuma said:

    My first survivor game today. The Clown hit through the pallet, alltough he was too far away to get this hit. Idk what you mean, maybe you're ping was just very low, often this is the problem. So heeey hopefully the dedicated servers are better than some bambus connections.

    And btw
    the pallet HAS TO work ^^ those last nano meter hits shouldnt be a thing tbh

    No, hitting survivor the same moment he hits you with a pallet is a good feature, when it works properly that is.
    However, although I have not experienced what @Captain_Spaulding describes, it should be fixed. But there's another recent pallet bug, one that harms survivors: when hit while vaulting a pallet, they often get teleported back to the starting side.
     And I very much agree with you Spaulding. Fixing technical issues should always come before any gameplay change, nerf, buff, new chapter or whatnot.
  • And the stun has a weird delay for some reason now. It's really annoying

  • Didn't the devs changes it on purpose? I remember when spirit got released the pallet hitbox was reduced so much that pallet stuns were nearly impossible. The fun fact: killers were complaining cuz they couldn't activate spirit fury. Now the the hitbox is big again and it's easier to lunge or walk into a pallet to activate spirit fury.

    I personally like it if I run spirit fury, bit without spirit fury it gets really annoying to get stunned of you think you have enough distance
  • The problem with pallets before wasn't so much the hitbox, it was the teleportation of the vacuum. The hitbox being bigger may be a shadow buff. I haven't really played much this patch to test it out. Plan on playing some today, I'll let you know what I see
  • weirdkid5 said:
    The problem with pallets before wasn't so much the hitbox, it was the teleportation of the vacuum. The hitbox being bigger may be a shadow buff. I haven't really played much this patch to test it out. Plan on playing some today, I'll let you know what I see
    It's only really a shadowbuff for survivors if you don't run spirit fury. With spirit fury it's a buff for killers or not?
  • But now I need a perk I really didn't want to run at all. Spirit fury needs enduring which needs me to level up billy. Things I don't want to do but now have to do thanks to a fun shadowbuff. As it stands I'm playing only survivor now.