Why is Bhvr. trying to destroy their game by making phase one all killer-sided changes.

This game is killer sided enough as it is as every non-biased player knows, so why is Bhvr. nerfing survivor even more by forcing solo survivors to spawn together so we can be wiped out by a Billy with lethal at the start of the match. In addition they want to make it impossible to hide at endgame and all, basically just give the killer free kills, and they want to try and punish players who refuse to be forced to stay in every 12 year old killer main's sado fantasy.

I understand that Phase 2 will supposedly add more survivor sided changes, but wouldn't it make more sense to mix it up rather than being like "well we're going to completely destroy gameplay for one side, but its okay we'll make it more even a few months later." Good luck keeping survivors even playing until then.

As a more general question, why is everyone on the forums getting so excited about this? It's like you guys forget this is Bhvr. we're talking about. Bhvr. must have read how so many people were posting about how dbd needs some sort of health initiative, and they decided to just announce one, knowing that no one will pay attention to what's actually in it. They were exactly right, they have been showered with praise by the unwashed masses, and anyone with reservations, even slight ones, is being shouted down.

Everything we know about Bhvr's history, as well as what changes have already been described, shows clearly that this will likely be a disaster. Even if Bhvr. eventually gets the game somewhere closer to right, going by the kinds of changes they've announced so far it's going to be a long time till then. So go right ahead thinking Bhvr. has suddenly figured it all out, I'll just stay cynical so I'm not disappointed once again.

Comments

  • @HeroLives said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3887619#Comment_3887619

    I get it, it's super frustrating starting this game, especially when there's so much to learn. Would you like a friend to play with and teach you some things to help you better face the killers, or can I recommend you to a streamer that will answer new player questions to help you learn?

    I am not new but I am not a damn god in this game and I sure as hell don't want to be sweating every game because yes I have seen enough youtubers and I have seen what they do but why bother taking the game so serious. I wish I could just go on a normal chase where I drop the pallet and the killer breaks it instead of playing a 50 50 which is almost all pallets but nah I don't need someone to be teaching me the game is supposed to be fun not to be filled with tryhards everytime

  • @KatsuhxP said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3887617#Comment_3887617

    To the hiding:

    do you know in any way how afk crows work? They just update the logic behind them, they don't make it impossible to hide, you'd have to do nothing for it to trigger. It will only trigger in the case of the last 2 people if they don't do anything usefull except hiding xD

    To the things with the killer:

    Still, don't play survivor then. I have to deal with sabos, I have to deal with flashlights, I have to deal with palettestuns and I have to deal with endless amounts of mapofferings basically forcing me to use sacrifical wards. Do I like it? Nope! Do I leave because of that? Nope I don't, because I queue up with that in mind, and I'm not as weird that I'm leaving the match then.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3887619#Comment_3887619

    Well good for you that mmr also stands on the list of changes, seems like you didn't read further after the hiding thing. Also that's to be expected if you play a multiplayer-game, I have around 3k hours and I play against people up to 10k sometimes. I still don't leave because yet again - I queue up with that in mind.

    Good job on taking the ######### gamees then and yeah we will see what they do with mmr because last time they changed mmr it was horrible right. Also as survivors its funny how I never am toxic to the killers but I always get the killers that have had a ######### match just now and want to use all evil tactics to win after that. I mean good that you take the swf bullshit too good for you but some of us want a fair game and not a bring every advantage you can fest. But eh whatever you do you.

  • @DestroyerBG said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3887638#Comment_3887638

    Good job on taking the ######### gamees then and yeah we will see what they do with mmr because last time they changed mmr it was horrible right. Also as survivors its funny how I never am toxic to the killers but I always get the killers that have had a ######### match just now and want to use all evil tactics to win after that. I mean good that you take the swf bullshit too good for you but some of us want a fair game and not a bring every advantage you can fest. But eh whatever you do you.

    After a while you learn that you have two options as killer:

    First: you play fair and you'll get tbagged and bs'd as much as possible if you don't win, what will happen more often because you don't use essentiell tactics of your role.

    Second:

    You play as good as you can and use every chance you can get to get closer to killing them. Will you eventually destroy people like you that just want to play chill? Yes. Is it better for me still? Yes. I hate losing to people because didn't use what I got, so I'm using everything I have as an option.

  • @KatsuhxP said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3887678#Comment_3887678

    After a while you learn that you have two options as killer:

    First: you play fair and you'll get tbagged and bs'd as much as possible if you don't win, what will happen more often because you don't use essentiell tactics of your role.

    Second:

    You play as good as you can and use every chance you can get to get closer to killing them. Will you eventually destroy people like you that just want to play chill? Yes. Is it better for me still? Yes. I hate losing to people because didn't use what I got, so I'm using everything I have as an option.

    I guess those are the options sadly. Because of course survivors will be dumb and the same goes for the killer when they act like that. Well GG to that. Another reason to preffer custom games with bots rather than swf with no souls

  • @DestroyerBG said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3887637#Comment_3887637

    I am not new but I am not a damn god in this game and I sure as hell don't want to be sweating every game because yes I have seen enough youtubers and I have seen what they do but why bother taking the game so serious. I wish I could just go on a normal chase where I drop the pallet and the killer breaks it instead of playing a 50 50 which is almost all pallets but nah I don't need someone to be teaching me the game is supposed to be fun not to be filled with tryhards everytime

    I mean I wasn’t going to teach you to be a try hard, and we weren’t going to sweat, but I was just going to give you some tips and tricks to counter some of those killers you mentioned that goes a little deeper than some 30 sec how to guide. I’m pretty chill so like I was just going to help out a little bit, maybe give you a teammate to take some body blocks or ensure isn’t going to leave you with a bot or like let you die on hook or something. Wasn’t trying to turn you into a flashlight lord or any hit squad player, Just maybe teach you some things you might not or didn’t already know that’s not like common out there information. Up to you though. The offer is there.

  • The roadmap gives 1! Thing to killer.

    Meanwhile survivors get like 5 things. There is no telling how much this could screw up the killer experience

  • @HeroLives said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3887677#Comment_3887677

    I mean I wasn’t going to teach you to be a try hard, and we weren’t going to sweat, but I was just going to give you some tips and tricks to counter some of those killers you mentioned that goes a little deeper than some 30 sec how to guide. I’m pretty chill so like I was just going to help out a little bit, maybe give you a teammate to take some body blocks or ensure isn’t going to leave you with a bot or like let you die on hook or something. Wasn’t trying to turn you into a flashlight lord or any hit squad player, Just maybe teach you some things you might not or didn’t already know that’s not like common out there information. Up to you though. The offer is there.

    Well in that case great of you to offer but for now I am taking a very nice break from DbD. So right now I am not gonna take the offer XD

  • @DestroyerBG said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3887690#Comment_3887690

    Well in that case great of you to offer but for now I am taking a very nice break from DbD. So right now I am not gonna take the offer XD

    Alright man, have a nice break. offer is always on the table.

  • @HeroLives said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3887759#Comment_3887759

    Alright man, have a nice break. offer is always on the table.

    Yup maybe just maybe by the time I am done maybe the game will be in a better state and won't be painful. Although tbh if I had 4 pals to play the game I think we would all just play custom games and have fun. I already know its a lot of fun even with 2 other friends and you chasing them. It is just difficult to actually find some.

  • @DestroyerBG said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3887765#Comment_3887765

    Yup maybe just maybe by the time I am done maybe the game will be in a better state and won't be painful. Although tbh if I had 4 pals to play the game I think we would all just play custom games and have fun. I already know its a lot of fun even with 2 other friends and you chasing them. It is just difficult to actually find some.

    I'm down for customs and also have a friend. I hope you come back happy. I think things are going to get better it's just going to take a little bit of time.

  • @HeroLives said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3887770#Comment_3887770

    I'm down for customs and also have a friend. I hope you come back happy. I think things are going to get better it's just going to take a little bit of time.

    Perhaps but in any case we will never get rid fully of the people who for some reason entertaing themselves by torturing the other side. Honestly neither side should do that. Just feels very much insane in my opinion.

  • @DestroyerBG said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3887778#Comment_3887778

    Perhaps but in any case we will never get rid fully of the people who for some reason entertaing themselves by torturing the other side. Honestly neither side should do that. Just feels very much insane in my opinion.

    Probably never get fully rid of it correct, but we can try our best, sometimes I like to think it's just a 5yr old with their parents credit card though and just doesn't know what they are doing. I say this because one match before cross play was a thing, I was playing with some friends, and we weren't even trying hard, like we weren't bming or anything, or rushing, anyways this killer slugged us all and bleed us out and so we were curious why, because people usually only did that then if like a team was being super toxic. anyways we invite the killer to our voice chat to be like what's up with that? They accept the invite, and I'm not joking it was like someone under 10yrs old that answered and was like I just got the game.We played like a couple of customs with the kid and taught them somethings. So now i'm like eh just probably a kid when something super wild like that happens for what seems like no reason.

1 2 ›