Hexes are getting psuedo-buffed with the spawn changes

Most people are seeing the survivors spawning together as a generator buff, and it totally is, but I just realized (and heard no one else speak about) how this means, since Survivors cover much less ground at the start of the match, its extremely unlikely someones spawned right on top of one, and if they do, it's guaranteed at least that no one's spawned on any other active hexes.

Comments

  • yep, and high mobility killers gain a significant advantage from this as well.

  • @AetherBytes said:

    Most people are seeing the survivors spawning together as a generator buff, and it totally is, but I just realized (and heard no one else speak about) how this means, since Survivors cover much less ground at the start of the match, its extremely unlikely someones spawned right on top of one, and if they do, it's guaranteed at least that no one's spawned on any other active hexes.

    I'm having a hard time seeing how this is a bad thing other than "I don't like that I now have to actively look for totems as intended".

  • Survivors spawning together is a, from the survivor perspective, generator nerf.

    Did I miss something?

    On the topic, yes. This seems to be a healthy buff to hexes. Much better than the thrill of the hunt shenanigans we had to deal with a couple of months ago.

  • Not like hex builds are that strong at the moment, so ANY buff is good for them.

  • @Flawless_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/438927/hexes-are-getting-psuedo-buffed-with-the-spawn-changes

    I'm having a hard time seeing how this is a bad thing other than "I don't like that I now have to actively look for totems as intended".

    I'm not saying its a bad thing, in fact I think its a good thing. Means your build isn't deleted before you even have a chance to defend the hexes.

  • I've seen the streamers who covered the update talk about this, though not hexes, because the biggest thing is slowing down gens.

  • @Cataca said:

    Or 4 people spawn on your totem think about that

    Only 1 can work on it though, and it means you're not getting 2 spawning on 2 totems or more

  • @PetTheDoggo said:

    Not like hex builds are that strong at the moment, so ANY buff is good for them.

    They are rather strong most killers just can't capitalize off them well

  • Lil' mini-buff, though I do think they need more, and more creative updates.

  • @LeFennecFox said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3886662#Comment_3886662

    They are rather strong most killers just can't capitalize off them well

    Hex builds are a "high risk-high reward" type of builds. Especially if they include Pentimento. Most of the time they become useless because survs find the first totems at the very beginning of the game. But when they fail to find them at first half of the match, then they become somewhat strong.

    Hex builds rely so much on RNG for totem spawns, which you cannot control, fortunately.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    Survivors spawning together is a, from the survivor perspective, generator nerf.

    Did I miss something?

    On the topic, yes. This seems to be a healthy buff to hexes. Much better than the thrill of the hunt shenanigans we had to deal with a couple of months ago.

    I think they are looking at it from the perspective of "the Survivors will finish the first Generator before the Killer can get there" but it is horrible inefficient compared to splitting Generators. Also with Prove Thyself not really being used, it really does not do much.

    1 Generator done versus 3 Generators having massive progress; I rather take the later of the two.

  • @Iron_Cutlass said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3886589#Comment_3886589

    I think they are looking at it from the perspective of "the Survivors will finish the first Generator before the Killer can get there" but it is horrible inefficient compared to splitting Generators. Also with Prove Thyself not really being used, it really does not do much.

    1 Generator done versus 3 Generators having massive progress; I rather take the later of the two.

    Thats how i see it too.

    The longer it takes for one gen to pop, the more scared I am, that it wont be just one.

  • Whatever benefit that gives them, it doesn't change the fact that hexes suck. Someone can spot them and take them out 30 seconds into the match, and they're not even that strong.

  • @Triplehoo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3886938#Comment_3886938

    Hex builds are a "high risk-high reward" type of builds. Especially if they include Pentimento. Most of the time they become useless because survs find the first totems at the very beginning of the game. But when they fail to find them at first half of the match, then they become somewhat strong.

    Hex builds rely so much on RNG for totem spawns, which you cannot control, fortunately.

    Pentimento builds are quite literally low risk high reward. They cleanse and give you the strongest slowdown in the game or have to deal with ruin, blood favor, devour etc. If they buff hex too much they will be even more oppressive on strong killers and run every game on others.