I just got an odd ban

I was playing 2v8 and by the time I loaded in 4 players were on the ground. The nurse was hacking. The match lasted 2 minutes and ended. When the match ended I got a matchmaking ban. This makes no sense. I didn't disconnect or anything I even earned a whopping 24 BP but still got the ban.

Have hackers elevated their game by play bans?

Comments

  • @Unequalmitten86 said:

    I was playing 2v8 and by the time I loaded in 4 players were on the ground. The nurse was hacking. The match lasted 2 minutes and ended. When the match ended I got a matchmaking ban. This makes no sense. I didn't disconnect or anything I even earned a whopping 24 BP but still got the ban.

    Have hackers elevated their game by play bans?

    Mhh I'd guess there's a certain length the game you entered has to go, before you can be dead, or you get a punishment? xD

  • Yeah, Hackers like this are running around currently. A Nurse is teleporting onto everyone, downs them quickly and once all are downed, she hooks them. Sounds like normal gameplay these days, but it happens in just a few seconds.

    She even is back immediatly when you unhook yourself, something which previous bots like this did not do.

    And yes, you get a DC-Penalty for this. My guess would be that the game detects that you did not move the whole game (since the game only lasts a few seconds) and therefore you were AFK and get a penalty (since some time there are AFK-Penalties for that). And apparently this AFK-Penalty detects how much you moved during the game, while ignoring that the game only lasted a few seconds, and not how long you actually did not move.

  • @KatsuhxP said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/438734/i-just-got-an-odd-ban

    Mhh I'd guess there's a certain length the game you entered has to go, before you can be dead, or you get a punishment? xD

    I think it punishes you if you spent more than x% of the game without moving, but it starts counting at the beginning of the load-in cinematic. Since this forces you to die before you can really do anything, it counts as AFK.

    Seems like something that'd be really easy to combat, but i guess looks can be deceiving.