Ingame Reports for console Players?

Sorry if this has been brought up for the 100th time but making ingame reports is it still a viable option for someone like me that’s on PS5?

Comments

  • Not really. They expect video or screenshot evidence, but when you try to upload those things on the report section on console, or the report section on these forums, the file type is incompatible, unless the situation has changed because I haven't tried reporting in a while. And of course, if you have to close out of the report section on console even for a second, because you went back to get a piece of information they required, you have to start the whole thing all over again.

  • Yes. Report them in-game, record the gameplay, and upload it to YT. File a ticket on here with the relevant info and link the YT video.

  • @TieBreaker said:

    Yes. Report them in-game, record the gameplay, and upload it to YT. File a ticket on here with the relevant info and link the YT video.

    And not many are going to do all that, sadly.

  • @TieBreaker said:

    Yes. Report them in-game, record the gameplay, and upload it to YT. File a ticket on here with the relevant info and link the YT video.

    Is that just for cheating or in general?

    (That does seem like A LOT of work for just a report. You would think the ingame report feature would be sufficient?)

    I guess that is why I am confused. Sorry.

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3882344#Comment_3882344

    Is that just for cheating or in general?

    (That does seem like A LOT of work for just a report. You would think the ingame report feature would be sufficient?)

    I guess that is why I am confused. Sorry.

    That's for anything that breaks the ToS. Hacking, exploiting certain glitches, in-game chat harassment, killers bodying survivors in a corner, ect.

    BHVR doesn't seem to have game footage on their end, only numbers. So they need you to give them the footage. It's not ideal, but it's worth doing to clear out the most toxic garbage in the community.

    It's not very tedious to do. The PS5 auto records the footage, you crop it and upload it. Then fill in one short form, add a link to the unlisted video and it's done. It's a pretty smooth process. I've only had to do it once since getting my PS5, and it was quick and easy. I even got a notification when I opened the game after a few days, confirming BHVR had acted on the footage I had shared.

    It's definitely worth doing.

  • It takes ten minutes, tops. You'd think that a community of such bitter, anti-social players, would want to get other people banned for their transgressions. It takes longer to come on here and unload a pile of nonsense, than it does to report the butthole and continue with your night.

  • @TieBreaker said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3882399#Comment_3882399

    That's for anything that breaks the ToS. Hacking, exploiting certain glitches, in-game chat harassment, killers bodying survivors in a corner, ect.

    BHVR doesn't seem to have game footage on their end, only numbers. So they need you to give them the footage. It's not ideal, but it's worth doing to clear out the most toxic garbage in the community.

    It's not very tedious to do. The PS5 auto records the footage, you crop it and upload it. Then fill in one short form, add a link to the unlisted video and it's done. It's a pretty smooth process. I've only had to do it once since getting my PS5, and it was quick and easy. I even got a notification when I opened the game after a few days, confirming BHVR had acted on the footage I had shared.

    It's definitely worth doing.

    Thank you for the info! I will be doing this! :)

  • Maybe. I got notification that action was taken a few days ago on one of my reports via the PS5 for a suspected cheating killer. I didn't record or submit anything via Support, I've stopped doing that as I never got a follow up so decided it wasn't worth the time. So the report that was taken action on was one I just submitted in post-game screen.

    Of course I don't know what action they actually took, if any, but it indicates that it does go through regardless.