Wake Up Changes

There was no point in nerfing the situational low pick rate perk just because some survivors were using it "selfishly". But, since the devs are so fixated into making it a altruistic perk my proposed changes are that every survivor should gain the +50% gate opening speed and aura reveal as long as you're in the trial and change the perk around to instead reduce the speed to a flat +15% opening speed when you're the last survivor alive.

Comments

  • There's no evidence that people were even using it selfishly. The buff never made it out of PTB, they just decided to nerf it because "some feedback" suggested it MIGHT get used selfishly (according to a dev). The only people I've seen claiming it's used selfishly are those who don't even play survivor, which tells me all I need to know. I've never met a Wake Up rat, they're an imaginary boogeyman created to ensure survivors once again get nothing decent.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    There's no evidence that people were even using it selfishly. The buff never made it out of PTB, they just decided to nerf it because "some feedback" suggested it MIGHT get used selfishly (according to a dev). The only people I've seen claiming it's used selfishly are those who don't even play survivor, which tells me all I need to know. I've never met a Wake Up rat, they're an imaginary boogeyman created to ensure survivors once again get nothing decent.

    I don’t see survivors who hide all match very often (maybe 1 out of 50 or more games), but I notice them when I come across them. The last I saw had Left Behind and a Skeleton Key. What’s interesting is that super immersed survivors aren’t running Wake up or even Soul Survivor; they’re using perks to remain hidden throughout the match and tools to escape at the end. They’re more likely to try for hatch than risk a gate, which exposes their location to the killer.

  • I agree the change has left the perk in a pretty bad spot. It's similar to how thanataphobia was changed

    > Buff because it was too weak
    > "Wait a second, this perk was actually always a problem"
    > Nerf it to be its worst state yet