New Feature - Ingame Voice Chat for Survivors.
This would help the Solo Q survivor a lot.
This would help the Solo Q survivor a lot.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Personally I rather enjoy SoloQ and trying to read the game without perfect information. In a SWF, good company makes it fun, but the actual game experience becomes rather bland because there is no guess work or predictions to engage your mind with. You have perfect info at all times.
As such, regarding voice in public games, as long as I have a menu option to perma mute everyone automatically, fine.
I really don't wanna hear other people's crappy mics, dogs/cats the background, random raging/whooping, all manners of abuse to myself, others or the killer in all the various languages across Europe.
Also don't want my own outbursts (regardless of how warranted they may be) to be broadcast to anyone. I don't trust myself to not swear at someone who unhooks me in full view of the killer and spend the rest of the match arguing with them about it.
I don't want to listen to kids chomping on chips and slurping their colas.
If I wanted to hear that I would take my headphones off.
An ingame voice chat would lean into many different problems, here are a few:
What would help and could be used by everyone is a quick message wheel. We already have a wheel option with Vecna and the devs need to take this, improve it, and give to the survivors. I'm all for improving SoloQ to make it better but the way I see it, voice chat would be the wrong improvement.
proximity chat would be very fun.
Seeing screaming survivors getting chased while their sound fades off.
This is true too! I totally see this side of things. I was just playing last night and I realized so many different mistakes could have been avoided had I been able to speak up. It was a late 5am gaming post I probably should have kept to myself since I was frustrated.