We're 27 days in 2025, and most of matches so far have just been me burning Sacrificial Wards
It's as if since the new years started everybody's new year resolution is to use all their map offerings! Like, I am against map offerings, I still play against it it's not like I disconnect or give up, but I feel like they just be reworked a bit at this point. It's getting boring, as I'd like to use some of my blood points offerings. Could be a regional or an MMR thing, but it's getting irritating now. As If I do use blood points offerings I face multiple offerings, or the offering of either AutoHaven and MacMillian… Screenshot from my last game:

Comments
yeah I've been looking at games over the past weeks and I can say roughly 50-60 percent of them contained map offerings. Still think it would be better to remove map offerings overall as all they promote is just bringing the strongest stuff. You see a killer bring gideons? 100% a nurse. Survivors bring crotus prenn? They are 100% sitting at main building offering the most boring chases.
Autohaven and Macmillan offerings are common because none of the realms in those maps are particularly bad at all (except Resting Place or Storehouse), so I don't particularly mind those. It's just guaranteeing you'll go to a map that doesn't suck.
It's really annoying getting Eyrie, Badham or Gideon offerings from Survivors, or Midwich and Dead Dawg offerings from Killers, though.
Map selection is crap. I'm always looking at a Colwind, Yamaoka or Ormond map. I can't remember the last time I saw maps like Coal Tower, Gas Haven, Shelter Woods, Hawkins to name a few. Nowadays to have a chance seeing them use to use a Map.
To me, it's mostly a symptom of the weird map balance we have right now. They went way too far with map changes to Haddonfield, Coldwind, and Ormond. Survivors are burning map offerings because they're trying to avoid so many maps.
You want to avoid Haddonfield at all costs. Avoid most variations of Coldwind. Forgotten Ruins, where I think I've seen the gates opened maybe 5 times since it released on both sides combined. Ormond spawns with massive deadzones and stink pallets now. You pretty much have to force Eyrie, Yamaoka, Crotus, Swamp, MacMillan, Dead Dawg, or Autohaven to have a playable game. Even GoJ is a coin flip map offering.
I'd love to use my nice anniversary cakes but I also prefer not playing eyrie etc over extra bp for everyone
Im glad they made sac ward brown but honestly the state of offerings is a bit sad i hope they overhaul it at some point.
I think Map Offerings should stay. Because not the Offerings are the problem, the Maps are the problem. This is the exact same thing like when Balanced Landing got nerfed - the Perk was really not good anymore, but this did not change the fact that going to Haddonfield still sucked as Killer. Removing Map Offerings would be the same as nerfing Balanced Landing - going the easy route instead of actually tackling the core problem.
IMO they should add second Maps to all Realms which only feature one Map. And ideally those Maps are the opposite of the first Map. E.g. a more open version in the Lerys-Realm. Same for the game. Another location in Silent Hill (if possible) and so on. We have seen this with Garden of Joy, you dont have that many Offerings for that Realm anymore because you might end up on Greenville and while I dont think the Map is killer-sided, it is not as survivor-sided as people want it to be when they use a Map Offering.
Certainly Maps need more work. They need to look at Badham and Eyrie, they need to look at Haddonfield and Coldwind as well. But just removing Offerings does not mean that you will suddenly have a fun time on Badham as Killer or on Coldwind as Survivor. However, I dont really have high hopes for that one, for all that I know a Badham-Rework could leave the Map as a big flat open field without any Pallets at all. The way they changed Haddonfield and Coldwind really shows that. And it is strange, because the new Ormond-Map is really good and also good for both sides, but then other Maps are pretty hard misses.
The developers should either remove or rework map offerings (decreasing instead of increasing the chances). This is the only healthy solution.
Some players say the maps are the issue which is true because some maps are really strong for one side and weak for the otherside. However, it is nearly impossible to make every map perfectly balance for both sides and 38 killers - e.g. Lerries is strong for Ghostface, Wraith, Artist, and Pig but bad for Oni or Billy. Coldwind is good for Billy but bad for sone other killers. There are also perks on both sides that are extremely strong on some maps but mediocre on other maps. Therefore, removing/reworking map offerings would be the fairest solution to prevent any player from getting an unfair advantage. On top of this, it is also much easier to fix map offerings than reworking every map. The developers reworked Haddonfield three times and still failed or reworked Eyrie but it is still disgusting while Badham hasn't reworked since its release - only little tweaks like removing the two storey house pallet. Beyond that, after reworking map offerings, the developers can still rework problematic maps. It's not an either this or that.
There is also no excuse for not seeing the same maps every match since with the upcoming Patch there will be a realm repeat prevention which makes sure that no one will see McMillen eight times in a row. Achivements will also easier to do with this new system. Even though this is completely optional and should never be an argument for map offering.
Map offerings also have an unhealthy effect on the playerbase because it never feels good to see one side sends you to a specific map and is prepared to play on it. Sometimes you play survivor and one of your random sends you to a bad map like RPD or Midwich just because they have an archive to do and then use Otz law to go next earlier once they are done or their plan didn't worked out.
Getting a bad map randomly is still not good but at least it does not feel so bad since sometimes you are lucky and sometimes you not. That is fair and you know the other side also got the map randomly and has to work with it.
Lastly, offerings should never have a big impact on the match like map offering. It is never healthy when one player out of five can have such a big impact on a match. It would also be more healthy and good for the players when players can only drop BPs because these ones give no one a bad feeling.
I think it is very important for all of us to remember that BHVR has changed their design philosophy and the past 2 events had event-only offerings that can not be used after the event ends. A lot of players have been spending bloodpoints on things they can no longer use once the event ends. The last event that had a universal 10X% bloodpoint increase offering was LAST SUMMER. Anyone who plays the game frequently has already run out of cakes. Nobody uses the yellow and green bloodpoint offerings because the effect is so minimal you might as well not bother. I have a P100—I am out of BPS and I barely have any green envelopes left. Imagine the normal players. Most of the offerings have no gameplay impact or purpose unless combined together in a SWF. This leads to map offering after offering.