So this game does not have any MMR and the developers lie they have MMR in this game?

otherwise explain to me this.

when I am a ######### player as killer, killer is my worst role but I have to play it sometimes, because of quests and event farming. Every time I play as a killer, I get survivors who repair all 5 generators within like 5 minutes of the match, sometimes not being on hook even once and none of them self killing themselves on hook. I can lose like 15-40 matches like that in a row but it feels my MMR isn't going down at all, even after 40 losses in a row I am facing players who REPAIR GENERATOR instead of afking.

When I go as survivor, survivors in my match can't run more than 10 seconds, don't even touch generators and suicide on hook, and this happens quite a lot.

So this game and its devs are lieing there is any sort of MMR involved, right? Because it doesn't even look like MMR.

Comments

  • @Pteraptoruz said:

    otherwise explain to me this.

    when I am a ######### player as killer, killer is my worst role but I have to play it sometimes, because of quests and event farming. Every time I play as a killer, I get survivors who repair all 5 generators within like 5 minutes of the match, sometimes not being on hook even once and none of them self killing themselves on hook. I can lose like 15-40 matches like that in a row but it feels my MMR isn't going down at all, even after 40 losses in a row I am facing players who REPAIR GENERATOR instead of afking.

    When I go as survivor, survivors in my match can't run more than 10 seconds, don't even touch generators and suicide on hook, and this happens quite a lot.

    So this game and its devs are lieing there is any sort of MMR involved, right? Because it doesn't even look like MMR.

    I personally believe from playing the game so much that Survivor matchmaking always puts an "experienced" player in a lobby of "unexperienced" players. This makes sense, otherwise players would never learn from each other in-game. When I am the "experienced" player, my unspoken role in the game is to play well enough that other players mimic my behavior. If I am playing against Hag and you see me crouch walk to the hook, that player on hook is watching and learning from my behavior.

    In this game, I have observed the more playtime you have, the higher the chance that player is suicidal on hook. Players who are newer to the game do not tend to act like that, because they are still having fun playing the game. It sounds like you have high Survivor MMR and low Killer MMR based on the experiences you have shared.

  • Everything makes a lot more sense when you realize the fact that the matchmaking system is completely non-functional. There’s a very good reason why BHVR won’t let us see MMR scores. It would reveal what we already know based on in-game experience that you just get thrown into a lobby with the next team waiting, regardless of MMR, in order to minimize queue times.

  • Yes, MMR is a lie
    Yes, the Devs have gaslit the player base into think it exists
    Yes, Matchmaking is dictated by RNG

  • There's MMR. It was just done in a stupid way, to where it basically doesn't work. But I and others are tired of experiences like yours. Constant sweats as killer, constant babies as survivor.

  • @WolfePhD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/437375/so-this-game-does-not-have-any-mmr-and-the-developers-lie-they-have-mmr-in-this-game

    I personally believe from playing the game so much that Survivor matchmaking always puts an "experienced" player in a lobby of "unexperienced" players. This makes sense, otherwise players would never learn from each other in-game. When I am the "experienced" player, my unspoken role in the game is to play well enough that other players mimic my behavior. If I am playing against Hag and you see me crouch walk to the hook, that player on hook is watching and learning from my behavior.

    In this game, I have observed the more playtime you have, the higher the chance that player is suicidal on hook. Players who are newer to the game do not tend to act like that, because they are still having fun playing the game. It sounds like you have high Survivor MMR and low Killer MMR based on the experiences you have shared.

    Well, the killer MMR is almost irrelevant, almost. At the bottom level, killers should* be winning their matches, because whereas they're actually trying to kill, the survivors just don't have a clue. But I haven't been at that level in years and years, and wouldn't be surprised if through all the base buffs and things survivors have got, killers are doing badly at low levels as well. What I do know is at the mid and high levels, killers have it really rough, because those advantages plus the survivors' experience just keep piling up. But I also agree with you that even at high MMR, people just don't stop rage quitting. In that respect, low and high MMR survivor look the same, just intentional give ups on hooks vs unintentional because they're like, "Attempt escape? Let's try it!" So it's hard to place where our MMR is, because the devs refuse to show it.

  • There is MMR. The thing about SBMM, if working, every match should be a challenge to the players selected. Nothing is perfect and bhvr definitely is not.

    How I know there's MMR? Because I have killers at both ends of scale and it's a night and day difference.