Is anyone else excited for the statistics to come out?

I am a big DBD fan and have been playing the game weekly on my Xbox for years now. DBD has grown with me, and I have grown with DBD. Playing on console, I never had access to NightLight or other statistic trackers. When I saw it was announced in an email that statistics were going to be released, my jaw dropped.

I have been waiting in anticipation ever since it was announced. Playing a strategy game as my main hobby has fundamentally changed the way I view the world and real life situations. I have built perceptions about the game in certain ways, and these statistics will help validate or correct my thinking, depending on what is released.

Comments

  • Same, can’t wait. I love playing this game even after all this time and I love stats, it’s one of my favorite things about sports and video games. I played a lot last year starting around the Blood Moon event so I’m excited to see some of the specifics!

  • Not really. This is something that should have been readily available for all players since the game was launched. It’s taken almost 9 years for the devs to do something that should have been a base part of the game to begin with. Not only that, they’re making you sign up for a newsletter to get the stats. It’s incredibly frustrating but in no way surprising

  • Yes and no. I'm curious for sure, but I play a very relaxed style so I know they won't be great.

    But I worry that becoming aware of them will activate the comp brain I try to keep out of my DBD experience. I've never really tracked my own DBD stats (save to occasionally detect trends in my games) for a reason.

    I don't want to become the thing I ridicule - someone who cares too much and tries too hard in a game where skill doesn't really matter and most of the variables are out of my control.

  • @masterofdbd said:

    Imagine getting a mail from bhvr and it says tthe stats are bugged.

    🤣🤣🤣

  • @masterofdbd said:

    Imagine getting a mail from bhvr and it says tthe stats are bugged.

    Oh this is exactly what would happen, and with it somehow nurf my beloved Piggly Wiggly as well. 😂

  • For reals, I just want the email to have my survivor MMR and highest killer MMR.

  • In an attempt to gather statistics, we encountered a bug. All players MMRs have been set to a random number. We are offering 3000 BP as compensation.