Darth Vader would work just fine in DBD lore and game play wise.. Change my mind.

With characters like Trickster in DBD, I don't see why so many would be against Darth Vader. I'm not really for or against his inclusion, but I'll never be a gatekeeper against such an iconic character with a massive legacy that has done plenty of horrific things to warrant an inclusion in a game like DBD. If a character that is so ruthless they kill children isn't good enough to be considered horrifying enough to add in then maybe I just don't get the communities mindset.

Darth Vader.jpg

I'm a person that looks at Killers like Trickster and Skull Merchant and cringes, but would see Darth Vader as fine as his legacy speaks for itself.. Does anyone actually think Darth Vader fits LESS than Lara Croft or Nic Cage..? As I said I'm not for or against his inclusion, but I won't be a gatekeeper as many seem to enjoy. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Comments

  • They could give him something crazy. Like throw downed pallets. xD Sky is the limit. I'm sure Disney would make them use the force in some manner. You can't really add Darth Vader without objects being thrown. Maybe even Saber Throw.

  • @Langweilig said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3875226#Comment_3875226

    I’m also a huge Star Wars fan from the clone wars and the original trilogy.

    That Star Wars and other stuff isn’t exactly horror, is no longer an argument against it. Dbd already got so much stuff, that isn’t horror.

    But I agree Vader would probably not fit into the game. You slice somebody with a lightsaber. Oh they are still alive. - Well this doesn’t matter for Disney anymore, so this isn’t exactly an argument against it (at least for them). And a looping Vader would be kinda weird.

    You slice somebody with a lightsaber. Oh they are still alive. - Well this doesn’t matter for Disney anymore, so this isn’t exactly an argument against it (at least for them). And a looping Vader would be kinda weird.

    I don't get the argument about the lightsaber, Hillbilly literally slashes you with a Chainsaw, but survivors walk in off soon after being unhooked. This speaks to me as very selective suspension of disbelief and it cant be okay for one party but not okay for another.

  • @Langweilig said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3875226#Comment_3875226

    I’m also a huge Star Wars fan from the clone wars and the original trilogy.

    That Star Wars and other stuff isn’t exactly horror, is no longer an argument against it. Dbd already got so much stuff, that isn’t horror.

    But I agree Vader would probably not fit into the game. You slice somebody with a lightsaber. Oh they are still alive. - Well this doesn’t matter for Disney anymore, so this isn’t exactly an argument against it (at least for them). And a looping Vader would be kinda weird.

    By what metric does it no longer matter?

    Except for some skin collabs, every character in the game comes from a horror-inspired or horror project.

    The one's that are the most borderline, Lara and Trickster, caused a MASSIVE amount of discussion around their inclusion.

  • @biggybiggybiggens said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3875274#Comment_3875274

    Splitting hairs as usual. Vecna is the most powerful character in DND however you want to slice it. Accept the idea early and avoid being upset later similar to another franchise that I won't name. I'm sure you know the one I mean though. Star Wars has plenty of horror related stuff in it so I'm not sure what you mean.

    Vecna is NOT the most powerful character in DND what are you smoking lmao. He can be up there, but only after he ascends and he STILL isn't the most powerful

    No, I'll not accept ideas that don't make sense for the game. "Oh, we should just accept that Taylor Swift will collab with DBD since she's popular."

    That's a dumb idea.

    Star Wars has some horror related things, Starweirds, for one. Curiously, Vader isn't one of them.

    I understand you are emotionally attached to this idea; we are all attached to our own ideas after all, but it's a poor one, unfortunately.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3875290#Comment_3875290

    By what metric does it no longer matter?

    Except for some skin collabs, every character in the game comes from a horror-inspired or horror project.

    The one's that are the most borderline, Lara and Trickster, caused a MASSIVE amount of discussion around their inclusion.

    Nic Cage has less horror under his belt than the Star Wars universe has horrific depictions of cruelty and violence in it and yet we have Nic Cage because BHVR can twist and turn the rules whenever they want to. And they will continue to do that if they know it will bring people to the game. They've already lined up other franchises that have crossed lines with certain beliefs on why it wouldn't get added so Star Wars will be no different. That's a good idea by the way. Taylor Swift is pretty scary. She can be a skin for Trickster. I'd be runnin!

    And as usual, we can both have our own opinions on what is a good idea and what isn't. Outright saying someone's opinion is a bad one is a big red flag ya know? Vecna btw is way above Tiamat or the Tarrasque. Even Asmodeus failed in some places where Vecna succeeded. While it of course is still up for debate who is really the strongest being in DND, Vecna was considered biggest of the big baddies in that universe until his defeat. I play DND 5e weekly so these conversations are not unbeknownst to me.

  • @biggybiggybiggens said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3875306#Comment_3875306

    Nic Cage has less horror under his belt than the Star Wars universe has horrific depictions of cruelty and violence in it and yet we have Nic Cage because BHVR can twist and turn the rules whenever they want to. And they will continue to do that if they know it will bring people to the game. They've already lined up other franchises that have crossed lines with certain beliefs on why it wouldn't get added so Star Wars will be no different. That's a good idea by the way. Taylor Swift is pretty scary. She can be a skin for Trickster. I'd be runnin!

    And as usual, we can both have our own opinions on what is a good idea and what isn't. Outright saying someone's opinion is a bad one is a big red flag ya know? Vecna btw is way above Tiamat or the Tarrasque. Even Asmodeus failed in some places where Vecna succeeded. While it of course is still up for debate who is really the strongest being in DND, Vecna was considered biggest of the big baddies in that universe until his defeat. I play DND 5e weekly so these conversations are not unbeknownst to me.

    Every Nicolas Cage Horror Movie, Ranked Worst To Best (Including Longlegs)

    Here's a helpful list.

    Yeah, no. Opinions can be wrong. Saying that opinions can't ever be wrong is the real red flag here.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3875317#Comment_3875317

    Every Nicolas Cage Horror Movie, Ranked Worst To Best (Including Longlegs)

    Here's a helpful list.

    Yeah, no. Opinions can be wrong. Saying that opinions can't ever be wrong is the real red flag here.

    I never said opinions can't be wrong. Nor did I imply it. We each have our own and it can stay that way. Agree to disagree as you and I normally do.

1 2 ›