Why you haven't informed the players about region locked cosmetics?

I don't really care about Junji Ito cosmetics, but here's the thing: If any content is going to be region locked at any country, you should inform the players before hand.

What you guys did - you advertised the cosmetics for everyone, got everyone hyped up, many players pre-purchased auric cells, were patiently waiting till the release day - just to find out, these cosmetics are not available in their country\region.

Why you guys didn't inform the players the moment you introduced them in the dev's stream?

I'm pretty sure it's not your (developers) decision to do a region lock, it's on the license holder, but here's the thing again: Players don't care, because they were not informed till release day, which is unacceptable.

I'm highly predicting the steam review bombing by the enraged players of the "blocked" countries.

And I'm highly hope the game is not going to lose a lot of players due to this mistake.

Comments

  • @Kumatora said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3867634#Comment_3867634

    they confirmed in a few other forum talks that it's "intended" and that they can't control it

    Well in that case never mind, that's dumb that they knew about it and didn't say anything.

  • @Grigerbest said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3868748#Comment_3868748

    "Providing consumers with complete and comprehensive information about a product is the direct responsibility of the seller (even if they are not the manufacturer).

    https://www.businesscompanion.info/en/quick-guides/digital/digital-content

    It's not morals, it's basic common sense and a law.

    Read the article about Digital content and consumer rights. And you will find it. Developers should've provided the info that these digital goods are going to be region-restricted for listed countries. Player\buyer\consumer should not expect anything themselves, but using the information they're given by the seller\trader\ (in our case) developer.

    Its not a law. Even you still believe this show me the exact phrases of this law that bhvr (located in canada) forces to advertise a region lock in before. Like I said several times before, its just your or mine morals, and not legal law.

  • @DeBecker said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3868766#Comment_3868766

    Its not a law. Even you still believe this show me the exact phrases of this law that bhvr (located in canada) forces to advertise a region lock in before. Like I said several times before, its just your or mine morals, and not legal law.

    (Pardon me, I'm pretty drunk now, after celebrating my big bro birthday)

    I would say, let's just stop arguing, because we're not helping the course anyway.

    The devs aren't right in this situation, nor the players, even by releasing a reginal locked content in a game where players are playing across the world. That's not how they should've handle it.

    I love the devs of dbd, and I love the game, but there's should be a limit on where someone should defend what they ae love from where they should criticize. Rather be rational,

    Wish you best of luck though, with love!

1 2 ›