It's impossible to play...
at the beginning of the event, there was a hard ping in the range of 100-130. my usual ping is 60-70. and then it was fixed in the event and it became 80-85, and now ping has grown again, it's trash.
at the beginning of the event, there was a hard ping in the range of 100-130. my usual ping is 60-70. and then it was fixed in the event and it became 80-85, and now ping has grown again, it's trash.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Ping has been awful this event; even in customs I'm missing hits I should have made and making hits I really shouldn't. I have solid internet, my ping has never or rarely been an issue, and now it is. I am being teleported as both Killer and Survivor forward or back a bit and the jarring jump of this happening is quite nauseating.
Something is really messed up with the servers and their connectivity. This happens a lot during events and modes in general too, is it possible that the event/mode servers are messed up specifically?
Ngl Ive been playing Huntress to work at the Skilled Huntress achievement and it's been a massive pain.
Snowmen bodyblock loops or obstruct LOS so I cant hit Survivors.
Hits just dont count sometimes, I get the SQUISH from a long distance hit but they dont lose a Health State.
Servers are generally more laggy and players consistently have higher ping; I constantly get into lobbies where players have +200 ms, and it's not just me, it's everyone in the lobby.
Rubberbanding is fairly common as well from what Ive seen (Twitter clips and personal experience). Id line up a shot and get rubberbanded in front of a wall as soon as I let go of the hatchet.
My ping has been awful since October, events or not, no matter what gamemode I get higher ping than I used to despite my connection being exactly the same. I only have this issue with DBD. I went from 65 - 75 ping to 80 - 85 since then and nothing got fixed for me. I wish it was just the events gamemodes or in all gamemodes while events are active but no, it seems like it's permanent.