Unfun facts:
Over the past 3 months: All the killers I've played against have had the exact same strategy Sulg the 3rd survivor to looking for 4th survivor, Some killers were not satisfied with 3 and a half minutes, they went as far as carrying the survivor who was 5 seconds away from death and Hooking the survivor to milk more time.
Literally not a single match did the killer not use this strategy.
Before the addition of the Survivor Bot this extremely greedy strategy did not exist because the Survivor could simply DC to give the last Survivor the hatch.
As usual we see the same greedy argument that the survivor shouldn't get the hatch, without the hatch the tunnel and proxy camping become stronger than before and also how do you expect the last survivor to fix generators and escape the chase? The survivor was not designed to be self-sufficient.
I don't know what's the fun in wasting 4 minutes of my time on something that's not fun and not interactive, just greed for 4k as if there's a reward that 3k doesn't provide, just kill the third survivor and let this player continue the game instead of using the player as a timer.
If you can't kill the fourth survivor, it's not the end of the world, your device screen won't explode, the game won't consider you a loser. On the contrary, killing 3 survivors is considered a win, and the survivor escaping through the hatch is not considered a win for the survivor or a loss, it will be considered a draw for the survivor.
Comments
I always slug for the 4k. Why? 9 times out of 10 the last survivor will loud noise spam so they can make sure you see them teabag before they escape through the hatch. I'll happily choose the end of my won match being a triumphant Mori, rather than that. Survivors treating the killer like they lost if there's a hatch escape is the reason everyone slugs the last 2 survivors.
Lmao yet your ok with survivors doing exactly the same thing to killers by hiding for an hour not doing gens, avoiding crows, knowing they can't win, for no reason other than spite and to be toxic? Double standards much? It sounds to me like you want to be able to be toxic and waste the killers time but don't like it when the killer can do it back.
I understand survivors shouldn't be forced into staying in a match they lost and literally can't win. So survivors should have a way to leave the match but not escape. So a glyph that both killer and survivor can interact with that would kill the survivor instantly would be ideal. If survivor wants to leave with no penalty they can and killer won't be able to keep them in the match. Likewise if killer wants to wrap up the match then they can kill the last survivor and not spend crazy amount of time hunting for them. The glyph could activate a special mori. Personally it wouldn't be any more boring than searching the map for the last 2 hiding.
I’m sorry but I disagree with this. Letting hatch count as a 4K for the killer is just more coddling to let people feel like they got something they simply didn’t earn. A 3K is considered a win but if you don’t get 4 kills then you didn’t get a 4K. There’s already enough entitlement in the minds of people who play this game without adding to it by giving the baby their bottle.
The bottom line is that people who feel entitled to 4Ks and take advantage of broken game mechanics to get it by any means necessary suck the fun out of this game. Should something be done about it and changed in the way this game operates to prevent that? Absolutely I think so. But I don’t think rewarding them with something they didn’t actually get is the fix here.
I really don't understand how Unbreakable basekit when 2 survivors are left is still not in the game
But you are not wasting the killer’s time. You, in fact are the one wasting the time of your teammate. The killer already downed them so they are going to die regardless. When you sit hiding in a corner and you’re not going to help them up or work on generators, you are the reason they are sitting on the ground for four minutes. Not the killer, you. So anybody that’s complaining you can thank people like this who somehow think that the killer is getting a “free kill” when you still have three generators left to do. It’s actually the opposite you want a free escape that you didn’t earn and you’re perfectly fine with letting your teammate lay on the ground for four minutes in the hope that you get that free escape.
This is just a fact. Not to mention that 95% of all survivors that I’ve encountered that are hiding to wait for hatch have been hiding for the entire game and not doing anything to help the team. It is for this reason that in the event that I don’t get slugged and I do get hooked, I will do every single skill check to make sure that that other survivor does not get the hatch that they don’t deserve because they did nothing throughout the match to help the team.
You're saying you don't agree with it but at the same time justifying the hiding. You said it yourself, survivors hide when they realistically can't do anything else... That means they admit defeat but refuse to get the match over with. If at that point survivors acknowledge they can no longer complete the objectives then it's checkmate time to wrap up and get the match over with not deliberately hide prolonging the match. When people hide in this manner, and only then.... That's when I fight back petty behaviour with petty behaviour and intentionally keep the 3rd alive as long as possible to make sure their hiding ways won't work.
Also it's been confirmed that carrying a survivor around the map is not reportable as the survivor has the ability to wiggle free if they wish, therefore the killer is not holding the game hostage. No different to the take bhvr has in a locker stand off with Myers. If a survivor is in a locker and refuses to come out because they want to deny Myers the tombstone but Myers is standing outside the locker waiting for them to come out, that's not reportable as both sides have the option to get out of the situation if they choose to. It's only reportable as taking the game hostage if 1 side prevents the other from taking part in normal gameplay and doesn't progress the match, which is why hiding for a prolonged time period is considered reportable as it doesn't progress the match and the killer can't do anything about it other than search for however long.
Rubbish.
I see this maybe 10% of the time, maximum.
Yes it's a problem, but you're exaggerating.
Also - if we're talking wasting time, survivors can hide and avoid AFK crows to stall the game out for 20 minutes or more and it's not even on BHVR's radar.
Alright.
So are we going to increase killer speed proportional to how many gens are done?
This is pointless us versus them. The real answer is stopping the tricks to avoid AFK crows, so that people cannot play hide and seek forever.
I mean everyone is different and maybe you just got killers that want to get 4k's as often as possible. I personally don't do it most of the time because it's exhausting and very time consuming, but sometimes on people that annoyed me or swfs I also slug for the 4k.
I think the biggest issue is that the Devs do not care whatsoever if your time gets wasted, be it by being slugged, be it by wasting it on the bloodweb. There are so MANY aspects to this game that can be refined and optimalised, but aren't. For them it doesn't matter, regardless of what happens to the player because you're already wasting time playing their game in the first place. They're getting your money, so why should they care about your experience?
I believe the greifing aspect applies to targeting an individual across multiple matches. For example tunneling an individual all match is not greifing, but intentionally targeting the same survivor, tunneling them specifically across multiple matches is greifing. I only justify my petty behaviour in response to petty behaviour by the survivor. If survivors didn't hide I would simply slug 3rd and try find the last one in 4min. But if after about 3min I see no attempt to do gens or heal the team mate that's when I escalate it. I agree something needs to be done to prevent this from happening. This is on bhvr, the hatch, the rules, the game as a whole.
Crazy idea that just popped in my head:
Instead of removing hatch as some here suggested, what about idle crows also appear on survs's heads that are not doing gens in a 2v1 scenario?
That's an amazing idea!
It would make things SO MUCH simpler!😃
As I said: "crazy idea that just popped in my head", which means "I didn't considered other implications".
Give me your best idea for 2v1 scenarios where both survs keep hiding doing nothing to progress the match.
Blah blah blah, your entire comment can be summarised as "no, you". I don't like killers that slug for the 4k and I will make as hard as possible for them get that 4k, that's it.