Houndmaster Could Use Some Help
Houndmaster doesn't feel very polished. The tracking ability in particular needs work. It is too difficult to snap to generators, especially if there is any kind of elevation difference. Even if you aren't trying to target a generator, it feels too clunky. Maybe this isn't as bad with a mouse but with a controller, it's pretty awful. Also, the dogs pathing is rather annoying when making a trail. It zigs and zags unnecessarily and doesn't seem to always take the optimal path. The tracking range feels a little on the small side too. The speed boost does feel nice though.
Houndmasters cooldowns don't feel right or natural either. It also is annoying and unnatural how you can't switch between commands while the dog is active. Like I'll often want to send the dog out at the start of the match to make distance quickly and want to switch to the attack command while still moving so once I've moved I can seamlessly transition into a chase. But you have to wait around until the dog has done it's thing and returned to you before you can switch. Why? Let me switch commands whenever I want. There are cooldowns anyway. It's not like I will be able to give the dog an attack command while he's searching or vice versa. But once the dog is finishing doing one thing, I want it already to be on the correct command afterward. The cooldown after the dog searches seems way too long before I can send the dog on an attack too.
As for the attack command, that could use some fine tuning too. The amount of time it takes to issue a command feels too long. I'd knock off a quarter of a second on that. Also, the amount of movement slowdown while holding the command feels too much. I like that the dog can move around objects a little, but I'd like to see that increased too. There are way too many loops and obstacles where you can't get a clean line. It just feels clunky overall.
Comments
Pretty much agree, Houndmaster is growing on me, but after playimg a few games as and against her, a few things would be nice to fix: -
She is a lot of fun to play, I like her a lot more than I did, but these small QoL changes and minor buffs to her kit would make her feel a lot better.
I agree with this this and the OG post.
*Snug should be able to drag slugged bodies.
*Snug should have “Protective Mode”
*You shouldn’t have to do Geometry 📐 and Trigonometry to get the dog to grab a survivor. High skill yes… but all that no..👎
*Bug fixes are a must obviously.
*Waiting for snug to come back and cooldown is wayyyyyy too long.