Please just remove the trap door or make survivors have to last endgame to escape

I play unknown map vs swf 3k at 1 gen after a very long match. The doors were so spread I didn’t even bother doing the full back and forth. I see the red light on the gate and didn’t budge. They wonder why killers stand on the trap door.

Tagged: Co-ordinatorMod

Comments

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3834129#Comment_3834129

    Because survivors need yet another chance to escape, so the exits get powered for free. Or, if the gens have already been done and then there's 1 person left, the killer has to patrol 2 exits AND hatch.

    I think the back and forth between gates are extremely outdated

  • @Royval said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3834142#Comment_3834142

    I think the back and forth between gates are extremely outdated

    I also agree that patrolling the gates during the EGC after closing the hatch is one of the biggest time-wasters in this game.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3832187#Comment_3832187

    Because they beat all 4 survivors, not just 3. Them doing gens in just enough time to get 1 out through gates is different. But with hatch, 5 gens could be left, and 1 still escapes. That's called a forced outcome. Imagine if instead, the killer could find and step on a certain spot in a map, and a survivor automatically gets sacrificed. That's basically what hatch is.

    Killer doublestandards at its best.

  • @イエローミント said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3834262#Comment_3834262

    I also agree that patrolling the gates during the EGC after closing the hatch is one of the biggest time-wasters in this game.

    I feel this. On the killer side, you're wondering if you'll leave a gate too long and the survivor will get out before you get back. And on the survivor side, it feels like a way to just wait for death to come with no real way out of it.

    Personally, I enjoy seeing the exit lights coming on and catching the survivor, then carrying them back so they can wiggle off at the gate switch. It kind of feels like shaking my opponent's hand at the end of a good game :)

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3833647#Comment_3833647

    If they're standing in the exit gate, how are they helping the fourth survivor?

    I guess I should be more clear. I was referring to scenarios where 3 survivors are safe and can escape with zero risk, but they instead choose to save the 4th to get them out as well instead of just taking the win right away. The argument was regarding why killers would ever want to secure the 4k when a 3k is already a win, so it was creating a relative parallel. Guess I should have worded it better.

    That said, I disagree with your argument separating the two. While you are right that survivors are generally not having fun during the slug scenario, if the killer is losing badly and just wants to secure one kill at the end of the game, they are probably having as much fun as the slug/hider. While its certainly true that it can be a more dynamic experience, that doesn't rule out the scenarios where they would rather just be done with the match.

    That said, I disagree with your argument separating the two. While you are right that survivors are generally not having fun during the slug scenario, if the killer is losing badly and just wants to secure one kill at the end of the game, they are probably having as much fun as the slug/hider.

    Being its subjective and we're talking about fun it's hard to offer any type of definitive proof, but to give an observation: in 4k slug situations it is pretty normal for the survivor to go AFK or DC, while this seems considerably more rare in the 4e vs defend the hook scenario. If people are still engaging with the game they might be stressed or frustrated, but they are still engaging with the game. I think engagement is a good way to compare whether people are enjoying the game.

  • @イエローミント said:

    Wouldn't it be better if the killer won as soon as the hatch is closed? The End Game Collapse after the hatch is closed always feels like wasted time.

    But how would it feel to just have the match 'end'?

    It's kind of similar to the idea of giving the killer and/or survivors a surrender option. For those who play the game constantly eliminating that end game would be preferable, but from a game design standpoint you're hoping for some type of climatic ending.

  • @crogers271 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3833908#Comment_3833908

    That said, I disagree with your argument separating the two. While you are right that survivors are generally not having fun during the slug scenario, if the killer is losing badly and just wants to secure one kill at the end of the game, they are probably having as much fun as the slug/hider.

    Being its subjective and we're talking about fun it's hard to offer any type of definitive proof, but to give an observation: in 4k slug situations it is pretty normal for the survivor to go AFK or DC, while this seems considerably more rare in the 4e vs defend the hook scenario. If people are still engaging with the game they might be stressed or frustrated, but they are still engaging with the game. I think engagement is a good way to compare whether people are enjoying the game.

    Thats a subjective but well measured outlook, I just simply disagree because I do not think being forced to stay in a game you want to leave is better than having to secure one kill (if any) which can have multiple attempts at rescue. Being stuck in a losing match is constantly used as the excuse for why survivors go next, after all.

1 2 ›