Slugging after mori changes and halloween event

I have been trying to play the event but I have spent 50% of the time on the dying state, for most of the matches I have played on this event, I have been left to bleed out, taking time which could be used for the mext match only if all killers didnt resort to slugging just to mori the last survivor who they end up not finding and wasting our time.

Comments

  • No you haven't.

  • @Ohyakno said:

    No you haven't.

    While 50% is an exaggeration, slugging for the 4k did get worse since the Finisher Mori. If it didn't then there wouldn't be so many threads about it in such a short time.

    That increase will only return with a vengeance each time a new Mori animations becomes available (Visceral skin like Naughty Bear/True Form/Elk, new Killer, likely Mori shop eventually etc.).

  • @Ohyakno said:

    No you haven't.

    I think op deserves a little more feedback than that, maybe a wink to let them know you're not trying to to antagonize ;)

    But in response to OP's comment, imagine someone being slugged for 4k in the void! Want to save your teammate? Killer gets to know exactly when you're going for it!

  • I have only recently come back for the event and yeah. I am pretty good at stealth overall which I know is a sin in this community, but just today I've had five matches of about fifteen that ended with one survivor on the ground and the killer trying and failing to find me for four minutes. It's got to the point now that I just let myself die to spare the other survivor but it's really not fun to have to give up when I could otherwise win just for the sake of not aggravating someone on the ground. Slugging for the bore-k was already a meme so why have we incentivized it?

  • @FeminineSlime said:

    I have only recently come back for the event and yeah. I am pretty good at stealth overall which I know is a sin in this community, but just today I've had five matches of about fifteen that ended with one survivor on the ground and the killer trying and failing to find me for four minutes. It's got to the point now that I just let myself die to spare the other survivor but it's really not fun to have to give up when I could otherwise win just for the sake of not aggravating someone on the ground. Slugging for the bore-k was already a meme so why have we incentivized it?

    The only logical theory is that BHVR wants to sell Mori animations later and they needed the Finisher Mori system to help justify those purchases.

    It's a shame the system didn't go through several (not just 2) PTBs to see how the playerbase's playstyle changes and it's feedback.

    It also would be pretty easy to make the system stay but make it healthier: another thread explored the idea.

    @UndeddJester said:

    I reckon the slugging for 4k will tone down after a while, I think the uptick in it is primarily cause its new... I also actually like being Mori'd. I see it as a badge of honour to be the one that gets to have the cinematic finish.

    However other people don't like it, and there will still be SOME uptick in 4k slugging, usually on a new killer release and new mori release...

    So a thought I had while eating lunch today... What if the Finisher Mori was made an actual incentive to gamble the 4k and play for hatch?

    Have Finisher Mori only unlock if and only if at the point the 3rd survivor dies, the last survivor is not in the dying state.

    This would mean: -

    • Mori's are a little more rare, so retain a little bit of that "being special" aura.
    • Player's literally can't complain about being Mori'd, cause they were given a fair shot at escape.
    • We can even look at giving Finisher Mori a bonkers BP boost to further incentivise it.
    • Reduces the slug for the 4k salt, on the grounds there is a reasonable chance the killer is doing a challenge, seeking grades, or something else they need to secure the game for.

    It's a shame that there's no positive to the current iteration of the Finisher Mori system from a gameplay health standpoint. Slugging for the 4k was already annoying and pretty common but it's being encouraged. Players should be rewarded for not doing it.