@AshleyWB said:
To be fair to the devs, ive noticed quite a few really hidden totems which didn't exist all that long ago.
Yes there's been some really well sneaky ones that always seem to be Ruin/DH that stay up most or all of the map, since If it's out in the open I get suspicious due to HG lol.
Yeah these totem spawns are hilariously sad sometimes. I play survivor mainly and I cry (through my laughter) at how sometimes I will see a totem spawn right next to a hook or right in front of a generator. I had a game with a hag that hooked me literally a point gesture away from her hex totem and I ASSUME she just didnt want to come off as toxic and didnt camp me but she did lay down traps in front of me and none in front of her totem right next to me. Guess what my team did first?
I also saw totems spawn on opposite sides of the same rock or on different rocks next to each other but one totem was on the left side if its rock and the other totem was on the right side of its rock. Idk man, I wish for these totem spawns to get better before I am done levelling up my killers and switching to the dark main side.
Let's pray those totem spawn points won't be happening any more after 2.5.0. Or at least 2.6.0.
The one on the right in that screenshot definitely will not. The shack totem is now wedged in a corner between the pallet and the wall. It's actually really well hidden and you can't see it unless you go into the shack to check for it.
The problem is this possible totem spawn point map they have. They cannot ensure the totem is out of the line of sight of the survivor. They are working on this though.
I'm sure the hex perks get better placements for totems. Dull totems seem more visible 80% of the time. Almost as if they want noed to be visible as it's a strong perk end game.
Let's pray those totem spawn points won't be happening any more after 2.5.0. Or at least 2.6.0.
The one on the right in that screenshot definitely will not. The shack totem is now wedged in a corner between the pallet and the wall. It's actually really well hidden and you can't see it unless you go into the shack to check for it.
Thanks for the heads up. Now I will check it every game >:D
Let's pray those totem spawn points won't be happening any more after 2.5.0. Or at least 2.6.0.
The one on the right in that screenshot definitely will not. The shack totem is now wedged in a corner between the pallet and the wall. It's actually really well hidden and you can't see it unless you go into the shack to check for it.
Hate to break it to ya, but its not well hidden. Its like the totem placement on hill.
In the sense that it's not up against a big blank wall that can be seen from a mile away, it's way better. You'll actually have to go in and check for it, not just glance at it from a couple tiles away.
Let's pray those totem spawn points won't be happening any more after 2.5.0. Or at least 2.6.0.
The one on the right in that screenshot definitely will not. The shack totem is now wedged in a corner between the pallet and the wall. It's actually really well hidden and you can't see it unless you go into the shack to check for it.
Why is there a totem at Shack at all? It's a go to place for survivors when looking for somewhere to loop or find a Gen.
Let's pray those totem spawn points won't be happening any more after 2.5.0. Or at least 2.6.0.
The one on the right in that screenshot definitely will not. The shack totem is now wedged in a corner between the pallet and the wall. It's actually really well hidden and you can't see it unless you go into the shack to check for it.
And here is the issue: 100% every survivor goes to shack no matter what. It's like a hub to meet your friends there lol. In and outside of the shack is not a good spot for totems imo.
Let's pray those totem spawn points won't be happening any more after 2.5.0. Or at least 2.6.0.
The one on the right in that screenshot definitely will not. The shack totem is now wedged in a corner between the pallet and the wall. It's actually really well hidden and you can't see it unless you go into the shack to check for it.
Thanks for the heads up. Now I will check it every game >:D
I don't think the devs and the community have the same idea of "well hidden".
Rather, the entire mechanic is bogus once people start remembering placements.
I think a simple fix is:
1) Triple the removal timer of Hex Totem and double all dull Totems
2) removing a totem gives you exposed status for 30 seconds
3) removal of fire totem only makes the Hex 50% weaker. To remove the rest of the hex, dulls have to be removed as well. IE if someone gets to a Hex totem early, it only somewhat stops to problem. Killers can then not camp Hex ruin for example and hunt! and survivors have additional actions other then gens to work on. You could add BP to the survivors for removing totems. no more Gens before totems
In the sense that it's not up against a big blank wall that can be seen from a mile away, it's way better. You'll actually have to go in and check for it, not just glance at it from a couple tiles away.
I've always look in the corners for a totem in the shack or anyplace for that matter so to all the people whining about it good grief, it's an improvement. They could always just leave it outside on the edges or corners where it's easy to see.
I mean it's not like you'll be able to have clear los to see a killer coming a mile away while your heads buried in a corner removing it even with 3rd person. Throw in an M&A killer or Evil I Myers etc and you might just find yourself getting grabbed off of said totem.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
The totem update isn't until 2.5.0 thank goodness. Unless i missed the update and this is a new spawn...
If this is live servers I dont know why you'd make this post. If not, well... They should keep working on totem spots...
The totem mechanic should be completely reworked into something different. Totems placement changes won't fix the issue.
PS
There was no update yet , so this thread is kind of a fail.
So, you are confirming what the community has know for a long time and bhvr has already acknowledged themselves?
Is there really a Discussion to be had on this?
Survivors mains, Killer mains, Flex players and even the Devs all agree that this is has to be improved....And what you said in your title...
Seems like something to be posted on another part of the forum.
Yes there's been some really well sneaky ones that always seem to be Ruin/DH that stay up most or all of the map, since If it's out in the open I get suspicious due to HG lol.
Let's pray those totem spawn points won't be happening any more after 2.5.0. Or at least 2.6.0.
Yeah these totem spawns are hilariously sad sometimes. I play survivor mainly and I cry (through my laughter) at how sometimes I will see a totem spawn right next to a hook or right in front of a generator. I had a game with a hag that hooked me literally a point gesture away from her hex totem and I ASSUME she just didnt want to come off as toxic and didnt camp me but she did lay down traps in front of me and none in front of her totem right next to me. Guess what my team did first?
I also saw totems spawn on opposite sides of the same rock or on different rocks next to each other but one totem was on the left side if its rock and the other totem was on the right side of its rock. Idk man, I wish for these totem spawns to get better before I am done levelling up my killers and switching to the dark main side.
I'm sure the hex perks get better placements for totems. Dull totems seem more visible 80% of the time. Almost as if they want noed to be visible as it's a strong perk end game.
2 within 10 meters...
By a Generator...
At the Killer shack...
Oh my ######### Entity...
Thanks for the heads up. Now I will check it every game >:D
Hopefully this is a thing of the past after 2.5.0, Hex's might actually last longer than a minute
Why is there a totem at Shack at all? It's a go to place for survivors when looking for somewhere to loop or find a Gen.
I don't think the devs and the community have the same idea of "well hidden".
Rather, the entire mechanic is bogus once people start remembering placements.
I think a simple fix is:
1) Triple the removal timer of Hex Totem and double all dull Totems
2) removing a totem gives you exposed status for 30 seconds
3) removal of fire totem only makes the Hex 50% weaker. To remove the rest of the hex, dulls have to be removed as well. IE if someone gets to a Hex totem early, it only somewhat stops to problem. Killers can then not camp Hex ruin for example and hunt! and survivors have additional actions other then gens to work on. You could add BP to the survivors for removing totems. no more Gens before totems
I've always look in the corners for a totem in the shack or anyplace for that matter so to all the people whining about it good grief, it's an improvement. They could always just leave it outside on the edges or corners where it's easy to see.
I mean it's not like you'll be able to have clear los to see a killer coming a mile away while your heads buried in a corner removing it even with 3rd person. Throw in an M&A killer or Evil I Myers etc and you might just find yourself getting grabbed off of said totem.
Why can't I see the screenshot?