Killer changes I‘d like to see

Hello folks,

Please fell free and leave a comment about what you like and dislike. Mentioned killers are killer pig, Sadako, dredge, Ghosty, Myers, Doctor, Trapper and Chucky.

Trapper

  • I would like that his traps spawn armed instead of disarmed and they should spawn at pallet or window locations near gens. - This could help trapper with his early game weaknesses and give him some potential value at the start, that survivor could still disarm.

Pig

I see pigs traps as a very cool mechanic and I‘m very sad about the fact how useless they are. My goal is to increase trap kills mainly.

Buffs:

  • Huntress lullaby and skill cheats perks affect boxes
  • Skill check addons buffed - Both of them are useless
  • 24m - There is no longer a reason not to give her a smaller one. As you nerfed it you said, you wanted to make the terror radius based on the speed and we have already enough exceptions. This would also benefit her crouch ability.
  • Trap time reduced by 10-15s - to make them a bit leathal and don‘t nerf the addons

Sadako

My goal is to restore a decent teleport, which I miss. Before the first rework she was so much fun to play with, but they just made the tp playstile many Sadako players enjoyed not possible anymore by making tape grabs necessary and introducing TV auras. She was the second killer I mained and it is very sad to not be able to play her in a fun way. I made a list of changes if you want to read them in a different post with my issues and some nice buffs. I just want them to make her teleport good again, no matter how.

@Langweilig said:

My three topics are chase buffs (flicker and tp), a revert of two aspects and addons (changes/ideas).

Chase/flicker buffs:

I think her flicker is a really cool ability, but not quite useful in most cases. I‘m trying to change that.

(Is the invisibility still bugged? If yes, please fix that behavior. Thanks)

  • The otherworld visible duration gets reduced to 1s or 1,2s (was1,5s)

Through that change her invisibility would happen more often and make keeping track of her more difficult. Currently this is not really the case and it is very easy to know where she is located in chase. It would allow for smother and more fluid mindgames as well and maybe encourage more players to use that part of her power more. The time you have to wait for getting invisible again often discourages me to use it.

  • The lullaby range decreased to 12-18m (was 24m) and please remove the directional part of it

It is really frustrating to have a stealth power that simply does not work. Like 90% of my opponents notice the lullaby in the visual heartbeat sensor and run instantly away before I came even anywhere close to them. Then the directional part of it always tells survivors where I will come from, so that they don‘t have a chance at running into me and it makes mindgames as her really frustrating when survivors have constant wall hacks through the sound of it. That was one of the big changes you did to dredge, please do this for her too.

  • In Sadakos post manifest flicker the red stain is hidden or she is undetectable for the flickering duration (new)

A small change to make her flicker a little bit better. The red stain often gives you completely away and makes using the ability rather difficult, especially when you want to focus on using the invisibility in the right moments instead of focusing on hiding the red stain.

  • She flickers for 4s after crawling out of an TV (new)

This is a nice thematic change she does in the movies and it would be nice seeing it in the game. I don‘t think it will have much use, but in some cases it might help. This is more a change for the horror theme of her.

  • Demanifest flicker and manifest flicker get the same values, which means she is invisible for 1,2s after manifesting like when she is in demanifested.

Mainly to merge her two addons (reikos watch and newspaper), which both do exactly the same thing and it would just be a nice little buff

  • Her invisibility does not deactivate through breaking pallets and vaulting windows

When playing shack I often feel like my ability does literally nothing and like it should work for the window at least. I tried serveral times vaulting it while being invisible only to find out it does not work and I see no reason why it shouldn‘t. Other killers have a lot better abilities than this could ever be.

Teleport/chase buff:

-Please remove TV auras!!!!!! (Very important) or give me an addon for it

I know what your intentions were when you added them, but they did not solve the issue you wanted to solve of survivors not knowing where and how to find TVs (which wasn‘t hard before). Most of them who struggled still ignore and do nothing against her power, but it makes playing her a nightmare. You can never get close to anyone with the teleport like you could before you added them. They always prerun half an hour ago in the opposite direction while you crawl out of TVs, because they see you from a mile away through walls, which forces you to ALWAYS run bloody fingernails to not have a completly useless teleport. I remember in the past how good and fun it was to chase people through the TVs and what it is now! (It’s not fun anymore). Secondly it makes survivors disable most of her TVs all of the time against survivors who know what they are doing, which isn’t fun as well to have no teleport points. Last but not least it hurts the horror feeling of this character when you always know where she will come from. PLEASE BEHAVIOR THIS IS MY BIGGEST PAIN POINT WHEN PLAYING HER, PLEASE SOLVE THOSE TWO PROBLEMS IT WASN‘T ALWAYS LIKE THAT AND SHE WAS A LOT MORE FUN IN HER FIRST VERSION BECAUSE OF THAT!

  • Tape insertion speed and the speed for turning off TVs is 1,5-2s (0,5s/1s)

A thing I liked doing in the past was interrupting survivors when they want to put in tapes or turn off TVs, but currently the interacting time with TVs is so low, that it is almost impossible to tp to the TVs in time. This is especially frustrating when playing aura builds and seeing them at the TVs and not being able to demanifest in time in order to get there. It’s not really about interrupting the removal of condemned for me, but this would be another use.

  • TVs no longer turn off after projection (was 45s); Edit: TVs have a 30s long condemned cooldown after teleporting towards them, which still allows you to teleport there, but they don’t spread condemned while on cooldown

I don‘t see why not. Survivors can always turn off TVs for a long period of time and even without the TV auras TVs are loud and have an effect around them, so there is enough things that limit her tp already. She even has a cooldown in form of switching into the otherworld mode.

A revert of two aspects to make her more similar to her first version and some buffs to some of her issues back then

I never really liked that she got reworked since she has been my favorite killer back then. Ever since she was no longer as fun to play as she once was. All the focus was on making condemned super annoying and making her teleport trash in the process, which was my favorite part of her power. Don‘t get me wrong condemned is nice, but it should not be the only focus of her. The problem is her current mechanics of global condemned and having no downside to holding tapes forces turning off TVs non stop, which removes all teleport points near survivors. I don‘t think there is a way to have a good teleport with the current mechanics, which you (behavior) would go, so I suggest reverting those two aspects. (One way to solve it in the current version could be my second addon idea)

  • Passive condemned: Every 25s of holding a tape you get 1 stack condemned

This is one of the main reasons why I will always prefer the first version. Survivors were not encouraged to grab tapes at all and I had all the TVs available most of the time even tho the cooldown was long. Chasing with her was so much more fun as the focus was not only on making her condemned well (and annoying) even tho I would say her condemned is in worse spot than it would be with 1.0 mechanics. I loved teleporting around and chasing survivor with the TVs, which is no longer possible/viable way of playing her if you want to win.

  • Only one TV spreads condemned

Her condemned is only slowdown now if you don‘t play against beginners, who ignore TVs all the time. Then again making it global or all TVs, forces survivors to turn off all the TVs near them, which is extremely unfun. Lastly your own skill does not matter since she is all about the other side misplaying, you can‘t really impact much if they play right and it‘s not good giving the other side so much power over your ability. It‘s also not good Design to have an opressive ability like that, which is only oppressive against people who have no clue what‘s going on.

  • Condemned gets spread in a 20-24m range (was16m)

To make it easier to spread condemned stacks, which could easily be outrunned back then, because it gets spread at the end of crawling out of the TVs animation.

  • Hooking a survivor gives all other survivors 1 stack of condemned (new)

To encourage hooking over slugging and to actually chase someone instead of tp spamming. While I don‘t have a problem with slugging, especially on a killer that has no strong chase ability, both ways of playing her aren‘t really fun for the survivors. Instead of forcing everyone to play a certain way, I want to encourage playing in a more fun way instead of removing it and punishing all who play her even tho they didn‘t play that way just seems wrong to me. (This could probably even get added into the current version‘s basekit.) It would obviously also be a nice buff to condemned, which many say was too weak back then, but I think with those changes it would have been in a good spot.

Addon changes

  • 🔴Iri videotape: Hitting a Survivor within 8 seconds after Manifesting turns on the last 2-3 TVs turned off (revert) - My favorite addon of all time in this game. With the live version it would need a compensation nerf, which makes that you only spread condemned only around one TV. I would also make current iri tape basekit without the negatives, which is a cool addon, but no worth being iri.
  • 🟢Well water might need a new effect, because the buff to the post manifest flicker might make it irrelevant
  • 🟢Ring drawing: Condemned Survivors spread their Condemnation to other Survivors, who complete a Healing action on an injured Survivor. - The old effect was a lot cooler/stronger/uniquer and the current effect should be basekit and not be on an addon, which I suggested in the reverting part. Please bring back this old/cool addon.
  • 🟢Rickety pinwheel: Survivors suffer from the obvious effect and hear no lullaby (new), when within 12-16m (was 8m) of any TV. This effect lingers for 1-2seconds (new). Turning off TVs halves its range (new). - This addon got rarely used, because it doesn‘t really activate in the live version since survivors are encouraged to take tapes and in her former version it was ok, but not really useful since you are normally not walking around the map outside of her power. The range was also too small and often didn‘t even reach gens.
  • 🟡Yoichis fishing net: Reduces the time it takes Survivors to acquire another stack of Condemned by -12 % when holding a tape (revert to its old effect) - The current effect does not really activate often and the older one was a lot more useful. We also do not really need 2 blindness addons (revert focused addon change)
  • 🟡Sea-soaked cloth: Survivors suffer from the blindness Status effect when within 12-16m (was 8m) of any TV (was only turned on TVs). This effect lingers for 1-2s (new).Turning off TV’s halves its range (new). - The range was too small to be useful and in live TVs are always turned off, so it doesn‘t activate much. 
  • 🟡Reikos watch gets a new effect and its effect becomes part of 🔘old newspaper. I never understood why there is a diffrence between demanifest flicker and manifest flicker in terms of addons and power. Old newspaper would still be +33% for manifest and demanifest flicker invisibility 
  • 🟡Clumb of hair: Reduces the threshold for full Invisibility while Demanifasted by 10-14m (was 6m) and this effect lingers for 1s (new) -The 6m don‘t really matter. The addon could be really cool if it wasn‘t that weak.
  • 🔘Cabin sign and 🟡well stone need both new effects since their effects are too minor or they need a big buff and cabin sign would do nothing if there is no cooldown after projection.

Addon ideas/suggestions (the colors represent the addon rarity)

  • The haste from protection gets turned into hinderd and given to survivors for the duration of the speed in a 16m range of the TV. - Would be a fun meme addon. 🔘/🟡
  • Sadako can tp to a turned off TV and activates it afterwards again, she does not spread condemned when doing it. - Would be strong addon for mobility (if TV auras get removed [Please]) 🟢/🟣/🔴
  • Every time a generator gets completed every survivor gets a stack of condemned - Another way to spread condemned, could maybe even be basekit if she gets reverted. 🟡/🟢
  • At the start of a match she crawls out of a TV next to a survivor and the TVs are not on a 30s long cooldown - This would be nice get into chase quick at the start of a match addon. 🔘/🟡

I hope my feedback was helpful and hopefully she gets changes that make her more fun to play again soon.

Thanks for reading!

What do you think , please give some constructive feedback?

Ghost face:

  • You don‘t loose stalk progress through hitting survivors - because this is incredibly punishing for people who play him like some would say bad. I for my part would love to just play him as m1 with undetectable. Which is also the reason for my next change.
  • You don’t get kicked out of power by hitting/downing a survivor
  • Hooked and slugged survivors need twice as long to reveal you - One word: Frustrating
  • Nightshroud cooldown shortened to 14s (was 20s, I think) - He has one of the longest cooldowns and having your own stalking survivors follow you around is frustrating too. It would help with both.

Myers:

My goal is to improve his tier system, just some ideas

  • He now starts in tier 0 (New), where he has his current tier 1
  • Tier 1 is current tier 2
  • Tier 2 gives additional effects like he gets for example additionally 2.5% hasts
  • Tier 3 is the same

Buffs:

  • Stalk builds up at the same speed regardless of the distance - Is stupid in my opinion, same with the next one
  • Stalk recharges on each survivor
  • Edit: 0m terror radius except of tier 3, maybe tier 2 has a 6m terror radius

Nerfs:

  • Tombstone addons: You can only mori a survivor when going under 20% of a survivors remaining stalk - to make it fairer and to balance out the changes above

I’ve noticed I play a lot of stealth killers 😂, next stealth killer

Dredge:

  • Being in a locker counts as searching one - This is to activate locker perks like darkness revealed and Ultimate weapon. I find it kinda weird that he can‘t use his own perk darkness revealed well
  • At the start of nightfall all locks on lockers open up - A thing I find extremely annoying when playing him is being stuck in a locker 20 times in ONE chase

First not stealth killer, hurai

Doctor:

  • His hallucinations now move and make animations. This can be done by an AI or you could just let yourself inspire by a character from Apex legends (Mirage) - Currently his hallucinations do literally nothing!!!
  • Survivor illusions spawn and get chased by doctor illusions - to distract survivors
  • Survivor illusions spawn near teammates injured and want to get healed and then make the follow emote. Then they run away to the killer - Fun little feature that is 100% fitting

Back to the stealth killers ;)

Chucky

  • Please bring back a nerfed manual not useless version of scamper!!! I suggest 1,6s-1,7s to scamper (was 1,4) - You basically deleted scamper by making it only part of slice and dice and it is almost impossible to get value from it. I personally find slice and dice one of the most boring abilities since it is a hit 90% of the time you use it while scamper wasn‘t. Now it‘s just slice an dice wait 10s next one, down. It‘s not fun to use. It was in no world more unfair than any range killers, the bat of Dracula and many other killer abilities.


Thanks for your time

Comments

  • I comment to bring it back at the top of discussions. I posted it at the skull merchant controversy, which was not ideal

  • @Langweilig said:

    Hello folks,

    Please fell free and leave a comment about what you like and dislike. Mentioned killers are killer pig, Sadako, dredge, Ghosty, Myers, Doctor, Trapper and Chucky.

    Trapper

    • I would like that his traps spawn armed instead of disarmed and they should spawn at pallet or window locations near gens. - This could help trapper with his early game weaknesses and give him some potential value at the start, that survivor could still disarm.

    Pig

    I see pigs traps as a very cool mechanic and I‘m very sad about the fact how useless they are. My goal is to increase trap kills mainly.

    Buffs:

    • Huntress lullaby and skill cheats perks affect boxes
    • Skill check addons buffed - Both of them are useless
    • 24m - There is no longer a reason not to give her a smaller one. As you nerfed it you said, you wanted to make the terror radius based on the speed and we have already enough exceptions. This would also benefit her crouch ability.
    • Trap time reduced by 10-15s - to make them a bit leathal and don‘t nerf the addons

    Sadako

    My goal is to restore a decent teleport, which I miss. Before the first rework she was so much fun to play with, but they just made the tp playstile many Sadako players enjoyed not possible anymore by making tape grabs necessary and introducing TV auras. She was the second killer I mained and it is very sad to not be able to play her in a fun way. I made a list of changes if you want to read them in a different post with my issues and some nice buffs. I just want them to make her teleport good again, no matter how.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/428547/my-sadako-onryo-wishlist-long-post

    Ghost face:

    • You don‘t loose stalk progress through hitting survivors - because this is incredibly punishing for people who play him like some would say bad. I for my part would love to just play him as m1 with undetectable. Which is also the reason for my next change.
    • You don’t get kicked out of power by hitting/downing a survivor
    • Hooked and slugged survivors need twice as long to reveal you - One word: Frustrating
    • Nightshroud cooldown shortened to 14s (was 20s, I think) - He has one of the longest cooldowns and having your own stalking survivors follow you around is frustrating too. It would help with both.

    Myers:

    My goal is to improve his tier system, just some ideas

    • He now starts in tier 0 (New), where he has his current tier 1
    • Tier 1 is current tier 2
    • Tier 2 gives additional effects like he gets for example additionally 2.5% hasts
    • Tier 3 is the same

    Buffs:

    • Stalk builds up at the same speed regardless of the distance - Is stupid in my opinion, same with the next one
    • Stalk recharges on each survivor
    • Edit: 0m terror radius except of tier 3, maybe tier 2 has a 6m terror radius

    Nerfs:

    • Tombstone addons: You can only mori a survivor when going under 20% of a survivors remaining stalk - to make it fairer and to balance out the changes above

    I’ve noticed I play a lot of stealth killers 😂, next stealth killer

    Dredge:

    • Being in a locker counts as searching one - This is to activate locker perks like darkness revealed and Ultimate weapon. I find it kinda weird that he can‘t use his own perk darkness revealed well
    • At the start of nightfall all locks on lockers open up - A thing I find extremely annoying when playing him is being stuck in a locker 20 times in ONE chase

    First not stealth killer, hurai

    Doctor:

    • His hallucinations now move and make animations. This can be done by an AI or you could just let yourself inspire by a character from Apex legends (Mirage) - Currently his hallucinations do literally nothing!!!
    • Survivor illusions spawn and get chased by doctor illusions - to distract survivors
    • Survivor illusions spawn near teammates injured and want to get healed and then make the follow emote. Then they run away to the killer - Fun little feature that is 100% fitting

    Back to the stealth killers ;)

    Chucky

    • Please bring back a nerfed manual not useless version of scamper!!! I suggest 1,6s-1,7s to scamper (was 1,4) - You basically deleted scamper by making it only part of slice and dice and it is almost impossible to get value from it. I personally find slice and dice one of the most boring abilities since it is a hit 90% of the time you use it while scamper wasn‘t. Now it‘s just slice an dice wait 10s next one, down. It‘s not fun to use. It was in no world more unfair than any range killers, the bat of Dracula and many other killer abilities.


    Thanks for your time

    I’m playing Doctor right now and love the Doctor changes. Especially the last bullet point. It’s so evil. I love it.

    Nice write-up 😊

  • @HerInfernalMajesty said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/426958/killer-changes-i-d-like-to-see

    I’m playing Doctor right now and love the Doctor changes. Especially the last bullet point. It’s so evil. I love it.

    Nice write-up 😊

    Thank you, I feel like his illusions should finally do something.