Comments

  • @Aryann87 said:

    Hi everyone,

    I am writing today as a first hour Plague main who gets very frustrated playing her. She seems weaker and weaker as time flies.

    She needs a rework in order to become decent again.

    First, her vile purge sometimes hits survivors but won’t get them infected. Same thing with corrupt purge that will go through survivors without hitting them, giving them time to drop a pallet that will remove corrupt purge.

    Here are suggestions that will make her decent and more oppressive, without being an OP killer :

    • The infection duration of vile purge should be 60 seconds, not 40.
    • The yellow addon reducing the recover cooldown from vile and corrupt should be base kit. Missing a hit is way too punitive at the moment.
    • Corrupt purge should not be removed from a pallet stun, she is already an M1 killer most of the time. Chasses while having corrupt are obnoxious, especially in narrow places.
    • Pools of devotions locations have to be changed, most of them are placed at the corner of maps of on the second floor of main buildings, making it very punitive for Plague because it takes way too much time, allowing survivors to complete one or two generators at once.
    • Once all pools of devotions are used, remove the reset process. Once again, it makes it too rewarding for survivors, and too punitive for Plague. When survivors are healing, they should know this has a real cost for them.
    • Pallets are Plague mains biggest nightmare, to even things, Plague should be able to benefit from her powers. For instance, when an infected pallet by vile purge gets dropped by a survivor, the pallet should be destroyed instantly, making survivors think twice before dropping it too quick. To make it even, if the stun is successful, increase the stun duration like Wraith when he is cloaked. This will reward survivors having a good timing, giving them enough time to leave.
    • When a non-infected pallet is dropped, using corrupt purge for 1 full second should destroy it instantly.
    • Finally, some addons should be reworked. For example, The purple addon increasing infection rate on infected objects is useless.

    All these changes would make Plague more pleasant to play as, and decent. With these changes, she would still be less powerful than many killers in the game.

    These are just suggestions of course and I just want to give Plague some love. Many may not agree and I respect that, but I have played Plague for thousands of hours and I know what I am talking about.

    Thanks everyone for reading

    Plague is actually very powerful. She takes practice for sure and maybe some qol wouldn’t hurt but she performs well.

  • You've only played her for an hour? Maybe just put some more time in and you'll do better.

  • Good news, she's got some tweaks lined up in the coming months.

  • @ReverseVelocity said:

    Good news, she's got some tweaks lined up in the coming months.

    you think they're going buff her? it would be nice if they increased green puke infection rate by 25% at base-kit. I just doubt they're buffing her. Most of the time, only feedback you get is new player complaining that they're perma broken.

  • I guess you spent more time in how to make her overpowered and broken instead of understanding her correctly and how to play her. Play her for more than just an hour (I also don't know if you just picked up the game and started to playing her, if yes, play this game more to understand the basic of it) and then come back and tell Plague is weak and needs all of these buffs.

  • @TieBreaker said:

    You've only played her for an hour? Maybe just put some more time in and you'll do better.

    I am sorry about the confusion. When I said fist hour Plague main, I meant that I played her as my main when she was released. Still , at the end of the post, I precised I’ve played her for thousands of hours.

    @HolyDarky said:

    I guess you spent more time in how to make her overpowered and broken instead of understanding her correctly and how to play her. Play her for more than just an hour (I also don't know if you just picked up the game and started to playing her, if yes, play this game more to understand the basic of it) and then come back and tell Plague is weak and needs all of these buffs.

    I actually spent time playing her, learning some hard techs but also facing her as a survivor.

    What I mentioned are just suggestions, they would not have to be all implemented at once.

    Even if it happened, yes she would be powerful, but she would still be less powerful than some killers.

    It is also true she is not the weakest killer as is, like trapper who also needs a reworks in my opinion.

    There are several reasons as to why she is still a weak killer in my opinion :

    • As I said, she is most of the time an M1 killer if you don’t use the iri addon, which I don’t. Of course, survivors can be broken, but they can fully heal themselves and once again, pools of devotions are most of the time a huge loss of time because located at the corner of maps.
    • Her early game is not good at all, unless you use corrupt, 40 seconds infection is short and survivors will just wait to repair generators.
    • Her ending game is also ultra bad. All survivors will cleanse at once. If you want to apply pressure, you need to have an endgame build including at least terminus and no way out. I want to be able to play as a killer without having to put a full ending build in my layout.
    • Still in endgame, you cannot camp to try to put pressure, unless you have a corrupted pool of devotion, which is very situational.
    • Her map control is terrible, you don’t have speed boosts, or teleports. Once everyone is infected, there is not further pressure to be applied, unless your have a corrupt purge, that is easily counterable with a pallet and loops in general. Moreover, if no one cleanses, you just have one corrupted pool of devotion for the entire game.
    • Two other flaws she has are the censer’s smoke that makes her spotted from a great distance, and she is a tall killer, which is a big advantage for survivors because mindgaming is much more difficult compared to mid size and small killers, making it even harder for her to get an M1.

    Most people dislinking plague are survivors that want to avoid infection at any cost. When decent teams have understood that you need to go for it and get infected, there is just no pressure left.

    I am not saying that killers should have great powers to have 4ks every time (even if some killers are op). Otherwise, it would not be fun and I would only play as a survivor, but it is important to give every killer a chance against decent and experienced survivors.

    I did not make this post to whine, but just to give some suggestions as to make Plague more enjoyable to play as. I also watched streamers who play as her and have the same feeling and frustration sometimes (puke going through a survivor or hitting without triggering the infection).

  • @ReverseVelocity said:

    Good news, she's got some tweaks lined up in the coming months.

    That is great. Can’t wait to see what they are coming up with.🥰

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/425683/give-plague-some-love

    Plague is actually very powerful. She takes practice for sure and maybe some qol wouldn’t hurt but she performs well.

    I would not say she is very powerful, nor the weakest killer in the game. Indeed, it takes practice to master her, which is the most interesting thing about killers because it is satisfying to master a killer. It would not be funny if it was too easy.

    Though, I think they need to upgrade her a little, just to make her less vulnerable. Any mistake with Plague has a huge cost. She may not be the only one in that case though. I am talking about her because she is my main and because I spent a lot of time playing her.

  • I thought she was getting buffs soon

  • @Royval said:

    I thought she was getting buffs soon

    I Hope she will. 😁 At least, make her playable, the pukes going through survivors without hitting is quite annoying.

  • @Aryann87 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3791032#Comment_3791032

    That is great. Can’t wait to see what they are coming up with.🥰

    They are coming up with nerfs. I guarantee it.

  • Considering Plague’s low pick rate for several months, I would think otherwise but everything’s possible. We should learn more soon.

  • Man, people suggest some buffs to killers without thinking how OP they can be. You want Plague to be overpowered without counter lmao

  • @Yoshirama said:

    Man, people suggest some buffs to killers without thinking how OP they can be. You want Plague to be overpowered without counter lmao

    Almost all « buffs » I suggested are minor in my opinion. The only buff that would be strong is the infected pallet part. Everything does not have to be included and everything can be discussed.

    You would understand that Plague is easily counterable if you had read all posts, which you obviously didn’t.

    Judging aggressively as you do without the beginning of an argument is easy, making propositions is harder.

    Sorry, but no credit can be given to someone who cannot discuss a subject peacefully. Have a nice day.

  • @Aryann87 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3791011#Comment_3791011

    I would not say she is very powerful, nor the weakest killer in the game. Indeed, it takes practice to master her, which is the most interesting thing about killers because it is satisfying to master a killer. It would not be funny if it was too easy.

    Though, I think they need to upgrade her a little, just to make her less vulnerable. Any mistake with Plague has a huge cost. She may not be the only one in that case though. I am talking about her because she is my main and because I spent a lot of time playing her.

    I wouldn't mind some quality of life changes for her but the mistakes made have a big cost because you can make everyone a 1 hit down.