Killer is unplayable and MMR seems to be broken ever since 2v8 got released

For context, I have roughly 4,000 hours across Steam, Playstation 5 and Epic Games Store, playing mainly survivor. I only play killer for grade rewards, rituals. matchmaking incentive and tome challenges. I find killer boring and stressful to play, so while I an above average survivor, my killer skills are average.

Ever since they nerfed basically every single slowdown perk, I found myself struggling to get kills with most killers. Everyone knows how to loop and never falls for any mindgame and I don't like to tunnel and slug.

Most survivors I face know exactly how to counter my power and does exactly what they are supposed to do. They never fall for any mindgames and sit on gens shortly after the game starts (I can see them with Lethal). Also, all survivors now how to loop and run some good perks.

Therefore, I refuse to play killer for the forseeable future. All the millions of BP I am losing out on every month no longer incentive me to play killer. I didn't even complete the killer challenges this tome, but I am almost done with the survivor challenges from the entire compendium.

I really don't understand how people enjoy playing killer. I don't expect to win every single match, but having 10 matches back to back where you barely get 5 hooks is annoying. The only times I won was when I tunneled and slugged and I find it to be absolutely disgusting.

I also don't understand why slowdown perks keep getting nerfed. I guess they balance the game for people that walk around the map, barely touch any gens, have no clue how to run a loop and leave you to die on first hook so the killer doesn't get them.

On the other hand, as a solo queue survivor, I often find myself playing against decent killers, but with teammates that barely have any knowledge of the game. I had an entire team of 3 survivors match up with me and I could see that they had less than 50 hours combined. Meanwhile the killer had somewhere around 1k hours.

For example, when I play against Plague as survivor, my team rushes to cleanse without them even being broken. When I play Plague, the survivors refuse to cleanse (what you are supposed to do). When I play Legion, survivors refuse to heal (what you are supposed to do), but when I face Legion, survivors heal like there is no tomorrow. Something is going on with MMR. I am clearly not skilled enough to face the survivor I face as killer and I am clearly more skilled than my teammates as survivor. No, I am not a god survivor or anything, but at least I know the bare minimum….

Am I the one one feeling this way?

Comments

  • honestly, the mmr thing has always been an issue. my brothers first game as killer had 2 p100, a p78, an a p1. his first ever game. something similar has happened to a few of my other friends as well. I wish they would go back to the old grade system. I play survivor only rarely with friends or when im doing rift stuff. I suck as survivor. I die every match almost. yet im getting paired with p100 killers with the most meta builds and perks. The MMR system in this game is a joke.

    but you do eventually get used to the rushing and pressue as killer. its all about finding the right build/killer. For me its ghostface, win a solid 95% of my matches with 0 gen slowdown perks and its fun/chill. Meanwhile as hillbilly its a struggle and i hate it unless i get coldwind farm.

  • @Mindbender said:

    For context, I have roughly 4,000 hours across Steam, Playstation 5 and Epic Games Store, playing mainly survivor. I only play killer for grade rewards, rituals. matchmaking incentive and tome challenges. I find killer boring and stressful to play, so while I an above average survivor, my killer skills are average.

    Ever since they nerfed basically every single slowdown perk, I found myself struggling to get kills with most killers. Everyone knows how to loop and never falls for any mindgame and I don't like to tunnel and slug.

    Most survivors I face know exactly how to counter my power and does exactly what they are supposed to do. They never fall for any mindgames and sit on gens shortly after the game starts (I can see them with Lethal). Also, all survivors now how to loop and run some good perks.

    Therefore, I refuse to play killer for the forseeable future. All the millions of BP I am losing out on every month no longer incentive me to play killer. I didn't even complete the killer challenges this tome, but I am almost done with the survivor challenges from the entire compendium.

    I really don't understand how people enjoy playing killer. I don't expect to win every single match, but having 10 matches back to back where you barely get 5 hooks is annoying. The only times I won was when I tunneled and slugged and I find it to be absolutely disgusting.

    I also don't understand why slowdown perks keep getting nerfed. I guess they balance the game for people that walk around the map, barely touch any gens, have no clue how to run a loop and leave you to die on first hook so the killer doesn't get them.

    On the other hand, as a solo queue survivor, I often find myself playing against decent killers, but with teammates that barely have any knowledge of the game. I had an entire team of 3 survivors match up with me and I could see that they had less than 50 hours combined. Meanwhile the killer had somewhere around 1k hours.

    For example, when I play against Plague as survivor, my team rushes to cleanse without them even being broken. When I play Plague, the survivors refuse to cleanse (what you are supposed to do). When I play Legion, survivors refuse to heal (what you are supposed to do), but when I face Legion, survivors heal like there is no tomorrow. Something is going on with MMR. I am clearly not skilled enough to face the survivor I face as killer and I am clearly more skilled than my teammates as survivor. No, I am not a god survivor or anything, but at least I know the bare minimum….

    Am I the one one feeling this way?

    I totally feel ya honestly. It’s annoying for sure. Killer is definitely stressful not gonna lie. That’s why I loved 2v8 so much. I don’t feel stressed.

    I main Sadako m1 killer and she’s a hot mess right now so I get it. Hope Bhvr will readjust her.

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/423967/killer-is-unplayable-and-mmr-seems-to-be-broken-ever-since-2v8-got-released

    I totally feel ya honestly. It’s annoying for sure. Killer is definitely stressful not gonna lie. That’s why I loved 2v8 so much. I don’t feel stressed.

    I main Sadako m1 killer and she’s a hot mess right now so I get it. Hope Bhvr will readjust her.

    Same. I love playing 2v8. I wish it was permanent.

  • For example, when I play against Plague as survivor, my team rushes to cleanse without them even being broken. When I play Plague, the survivors refuse to cleanse (what you are supposed to do). When I play Legion, survivors refuse to heal (what you are supposed to do), but when I face Legion, survivors heal like there is no tomorrow. Something is going on with MMR. I am clearly not skilled enough to face the survivor I face as killer and I am clearly more skilled than my teammates as survivor. No, I am not a god survivor or anything, but at least I know the bare minimum….

    Your Survivor MMR is lower than the Survivors you face with your Killer MMR. Simple as.
    That's not MMR being broken, its working as intended. Are you a bad Survivor?