Only allow self-unhooks if you have a perk for it
One of the nicest things about 2v8 mode is that people can't just try to off themselves on first hook.
Yeah, sometimes the ability to self-unhook creates wild and exciting situations when you pull it off. I've gotten escapes I wouldn't have gotten if not for it.
But I would argue that its presence in the game hurts far, far more. People almost exclusively do it to selfishly go to the next match. I've done it, too. I'm not innocent. Sometimes I'm tilted after numerous bad games back to back and now I'm playing against a Skull Merchant. But realistically, I should just eat the DC penalty in that situation and give my allies a bot instead of making the game a 3v1 and immediately going next and rage queueing.
It's one of the things that makes solo queue so miserable in this game.
So I think the ability to self-unhook should exclusively be available if you have a perk for it. If you want the random chance to unhook, you can take Slippery Meat, which should work exactly as it does now. Which would also mean people who only bring it to try to ragequit on hook would have a higher chance of self-unhooking and staying in the match. Even if they just run to the killer, that's a bit more time they gave their allies.
Comments
this does not make solo q miserable
people kill themselves on hook because solo q is more often than not just that miserable
Sure, sometimes it's because you just took the killer on a long chase and none of your allies are on gens.
In my experience this is almost as rare as self-unhooking using the feature.
The overwhelming majority of times I've seen it, the survivor just got wrecked in chase and is raging. Or they don't like the killer they're playing against.
Absolutely agree
I mean. The only thing they’ll do is charge towards the killer to get killed anyway. But it would be nice to get those extra save points