Don't you think the game needs better animations?

I'm talking especially about the walking/crouching/running animations. I will give some examples:

  • Walking animations do not change whether the player is pushing against a wall or not.
  • Leg animations don't seem to match movement speed. In most cases they seem to move faster or further than they should.
  • Turning-walking animations do not look natural. There is no simulation of inertia and momentum (I'm not talking about physics).
    -The assassins move in a locked manner. It appears that the legs move, but the torso does not have a natural balance.
    -When the char hit a wall or object, there is no reflection in the animation.

This lack of "care" with animations is understandable in indie games, but not in a big game like DBD.

What do u think?

Comments

  • I think theres' a thousand more important things to fix right now so this would be bottom of the priority pile, and I mean bottom.

  • This was tried a few years ago but when the animations were updated but most of the smoother turning/transition animations were removed because people had trouble doing stupid moonwalk memes. So now we remain stuck with ps2 era animations.

  • And a new healing animation would be at the top of my request list.

  • No. Just no. The animations we have now work perfectly fine and I honestly love how they look.

  • I think what we've got right now is perfectly fine. There's bigger issues that need working on right now that the devs are aware of.

  • No, I don't. I think it's okay for a game to not push for 100% realism in any one area, and the slightly more game-y looking animations fit this game perfectly well.

    Stuff like this is kind of treated as an objective necessity by a lot of gamers, and I can't say I've ever understood why. What about DBD's aesthetic, gameplay, or identity requires that we have AAA "push against wall" animations and such? It works perfectly well as it is.

  • @Donyjunior said:

    I'm talking especially about the walking/crouching/running animations. I will give some examples:

    • Walking animations do not change whether the player is pushing against a wall or not.
    • Leg animations don't seem to match movement speed. In most cases they seem to move faster or further than they should.
    • Turning-walking animations do not look natural. There is no simulation of inertia and momentum (I'm not talking about physics).
      -The assassins move in a locked manner. It appears that the legs move, but the torso does not have a natural balance.
      -When the char hit a wall or object, there is no reflection in the animation.

    This lack of "care" with animations is understandable in indie games, but not in a big game like DBD.

    What do u think?

    I'm gonna be honest: I couldn't care less xD

    Sometimes it looks a little funny yes, but I never thought it looked really bad and I have much better things to do than looking at the animations xD