Question about character transfer for Nintendo Switch Cross Progression

The chart for Cross Progression compatibility says that DLCs bought on the Switch won't transfer over to other platforms. Does this also mean characters bought with Shards or Auric Cells on the Switch won't be transferred?

Comments

  • It looks that way…

    "I have Dead by Daylight on Nintendo Switch, can I share progression and DLCs on other platforms now?

    Cross-Progression for the Nintendo Switch will function slightly differently than across other platforms in the following ways:

    • Purchased Auric Cells are not able to be shared
    • Purchased DLC can be shared from other Platforms to the Nintendo
      Switch, but players cannot share from the Switch to other Platforms."

    From the FAQ: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/articles/28143341034644-Cross-Progression-Release-FAQ

    It's not so bad for me, since I have Steam stuff that I can (presumably?) still share with my Switch account, but it's not great if you were hoping to move to another platform from the Switch and also move all your old DLC too.

  • @tjt85 said:

    It looks that way…

    "I have Dead by Daylight on Nintendo Switch, can I share progression and DLCs on other platforms now?

    Cross-Progression for the Nintendo Switch will function slightly differently than across other platforms in the following ways:

    • Purchased Auric Cells are not able to be shared
    • Purchased DLC can be shared from other Platforms to the Nintendo
      Switch, but players cannot share from the Switch to other Platforms."

    From the FAQ: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/articles/28143341034644-Cross-Progression-Release-FAQ

    It's not so bad for me, since I have Steam stuff that I can (presumably?) still share with my Switch account, but it's not great if you were hoping to move to another platform from the Switch and also move all your old DLC too.

    but in game store purchases aren’t dlc, right? Eshop purchases are

  • Peanits said that characters bought with iridescent shards transfer:

    @Peanits said:

    I have some answers!

    1. Yes, those will be transferred.
    2. Cosmetics will also be transferred; they are considered part of your inventory.
    3. Your progress will be transferred even if you don't own the DLC. If you don't have access to that character on the other platform, you will of course need to purchase them again in order to play them, though. Additionally, if you've prestiged them, their unique perks will be unlocked on other characters even if you don't have access to the characters themselves.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3763067#Comment_3763067

    Was actually in the middle of typing out an answer as you posted this! No, it's mostly just been a busy week and we're prioritizing ongoing issues. The kinks have been worked out, but sometimes we need to poke our tech teams for help answering some of the most specific questions. Hoping to get more answers out when we get the chance.

    (Question 1: "The characters I bought with my irisdent cells will be on my steam?" Answer 1: "Yes, those will be transferred.")

    I don't know about Auric Cells. Someone else in the thread asked for clarification about Auric Cells but has not yet received a response.

    I also want to know if characters who came with the game transfer. The console version of DbD comes with characters who are separate paid DLC on PC, and I personally got the Nintendo Switch Silent Hill edition of the game, so I'm quite curious if those characters and outfits that came with the game transfer.