Oh, I feel that. What a waste of cobblers. (Nice P100 by the way.)
I remember one day during the event, I had a daily challenge to open a gate with Rebecca. Had a string of unfortunate games, like 8 deaths and 2 games where I lived but wasn't in position to do the gate. Finally I was up against a pretty bad Trapper and had an easy unpressured endgame. I reached for freedom, gate switch closing in at 95%… and dedicated servers gave up the ghost. The Entity was not pleased that day.
Killers can get hits from mile away because the netcode has determined that the hit is close enough to be considered valid. Youll sometimes get hit from miles away or through structures as a result.
Survivors, if they lag enough, can effectively negate a hit or teleport around (being more difficult to hit or just outright evade the Killer). Lagging can also affect Scratchmarks and make them more difficult to track by creating more spacing.
I think maybe some more validation from the servers and netcode should be worked on to ensure the hits connecting and being refunded from either side is more fair.
This is hilarious. The joke being it was a 4 p100 game and survivors were almost certainly going to win. We were at 2 gens with 3 hooks total. The title was tongue in cheek.
I've had this happen several times, with friends and in SoloQ and everyone gets kicked out of the match. I've also noticed it happens the most when someone is hooked, someone is grabbed from a locker, or if someone is picked up. I tried to submit a ticket and over a few days was told it was my connection, my internet settings, port settings, and other things I'd never have touched and were exactly the same as they recommended. They even shut down the ticket and said to contact my ISP.
I'd love the ability to have a connection that kicks an entirely server side lobby out like this, but I don't think it's on my end when in a SWF of 3 all of us get kicked exactly the same at the same time.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
You know that everyone (including the Killer) DCed here? The Server crashed and all of the players will be out of the game.
Oh, I feel that. What a waste of cobblers. (Nice P100 by the way.)
I remember one day during the event, I had a daily challenge to open a gate with Rebecca. Had a string of unfortunate games, like 8 deaths and 2 games where I lived but wasn't in position to do the gate. Finally I was up against a pretty bad Trapper and had an easy unpressured endgame. I reached for freedom, gate switch closing in at 95%… and dedicated servers gave up the ghost. The Entity was not pleased that day.
I think it is more of a netcode issue.
Killers can get hits from mile away because the netcode has determined that the hit is close enough to be considered valid. Youll sometimes get hit from miles away or through structures as a result.
Survivors, if they lag enough, can effectively negate a hit or teleport around (being more difficult to hit or just outright evade the Killer). Lagging can also affect Scratchmarks and make them more difficult to track by creating more spacing.
I think maybe some more validation from the servers and netcode should be worked on to ensure the hits connecting and being refunded from either side is more fair.
Yes, the dedicated server crashed. It was garbage.
This is hilarious. The joke being it was a 4 p100 game and survivors were almost certainly going to win. We were at 2 gens with 3 hooks total. The title was tongue in cheek.
And I was soloq! 4 cobblers, 4 p100s, soloq. Hell of a game to get server screwed.
I've had this happen several times, with friends and in SoloQ and everyone gets kicked out of the match. I've also noticed it happens the most when someone is hooked, someone is grabbed from a locker, or if someone is picked up. I tried to submit a ticket and over a few days was told it was my connection, my internet settings, port settings, and other things I'd never have touched and were exactly the same as they recommended. They even shut down the ticket and said to contact my ISP.
I'd love the ability to have a connection that kicks an entirely server side lobby out like this, but I don't think it's on my end when in a SWF of 3 all of us get kicked exactly the same at the same time.