Should Huntress get her buffs reverted?

I'm not asking this in terms of experiences I've had, but mainly just to ask for opinions, Huntress was already a very solid killer prior with 5 hatchets, but with 7 along with a quicker windup speed, she's very strong. Some people say that she was perfect prior to the buffs, and that those changes ruined what made her a balanced killer.

The main issue with Huntress wasn't the amount of hatchets she had, it was mainly locker spawns and maps that made playing her annoying at points, making her have 7 was not the way to do it, it was more of a band-aid fix than anything.

Another issue is her hitboxes, depending on the killers ping it can be extremely bad if your versing a Huntress with 120+ ping, and your get hit when the hatchet doesn't even connect to you. Even a Huntress with good ping can still hit some questionable shots with her hatchets at points.

Huntress at the moment is in a weird spot, because she earned so many odd changes that she really didn't need, should those changes get reverted, me personally I do believe they should. How do you all feel about them?

Comments

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3756856#Comment_3756856

    You must have it rough then when facing killers that don't run out of their ability so easily, instead of winning the chase for free because they had to dead stop to get ammo. You're forgetting that the more you dodge, the more of their time you're wasting, on top of the time they're gonna have to waste anyway to reload. Y'all keep suggesting more lockers instead, but watch them do that and then you'll start complaining about her for that, as well as increased Dredges.

    Yet you complain everytime someone suggests changes for a certain killer.

  • She became stronger but it's not like mechanics is unhealthy or overperforming any other killers, I don't see any point in nerfing her beside reducing usage rates

  • @Neaxolotl said:

    She became stronger but it's not like mechanics is unhealthy or overperforming any other killers, I don't see any point in nerfing her beside reducing usage rates

    She became stronger in aspects that weren't needed, all she needed were more Lockers to reload from, not more hatchets. Reducing usage rates shouldn't be the goal, they should fix the main problems so she can be a lot more smooth and better in general to play as, they buffed her in the wrong way.

  • @Spirit_IsTheBest said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3757850#Comment_3757850

    She became stronger in aspects that weren't needed, all she needed were more Lockers to reload from, not more hatchets. Reducing usage rates shouldn't be the goal, they should fix the main problems so she can be a lot more smooth and better in general to play as, they buffed her in the wrong way.

    I don't know, she is still smoother than past, it wasn't needed but it's not like getting it will break the game

    Don't see the problem as much

    Also locker spawn is not related to huntress in any way, it's just map issue

  • @Neaxolotl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3757852#Comment_3757852

    I don't know, she is still smoother than past, it wasn't needed but it's not like getting it will break the game

    Don't see the problem as much

    Also locker spawn is not related to huntress in any way, it's just map issue

    Good point, but the problem is that it "wasn't needed". The thing is that you are right that it won't break the game, but why do they prioritize buffing killers that didn't need any changes besides QOL changes for stuff like lockers, over killers that are in need of help like Trapper or Freddy, the issue is that they go for the wrong things over bigger problems that could've been fixed a while ago, that right there is the issue.

    Maps have always been a key factor, a simple change is to add more lockers in certain areas in the bigger maps, obviously maps can either be too big, or too small, simply add more lockers ONLY for Dredge or Huntress automatically in the maps that are more problematic.

  • @Spirit_IsTheBest said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3757853#Comment_3757853

    Good point, but the problem is that it "wasn't needed". The thing is that you are right that it won't break the game, but why do they prioritize buffing killers that didn't need any changes besides QOL changes for stuff like lockers, over killers that are in need of help like Trapper or Freddy, the issue is that they go for the wrong things over bigger problems that could've been fixed a while ago, that right there is the issue.

    Maps have always been a key factor, a simple change is to add more in certain areas, maps can either be too big, or too small, simply add more lockers ONLY for Dredge or Huntress automatically.

    "why did they changed this instead of xxx" is honestly pointless, we really don't know how their internals works, and I highly doubt cranking up hatchet counts by 2 takes any time or anything, not to mention the fact she kinda needed the buff when we think about not a 10k hour huntress mains also plays her, it was too punishing for the today's dbd standards

    lockers are, in fact, survivor sided mechanics, there is countless amount of survivor perks and even basekit mechanics for them, I won't opposed to adding more of it in any way but calling that a "huntress dredge buff" is honestly strange

    Oh, also reverting it would just takes as much effort as buffing her, so if we think about killers who really needs help, we shouldn't waste time reverting her

  • @Neaxolotl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3757855#Comment_3757855

    "why did they changed this instead of xxx" is honestly pointless, we really don't know how their internals works, and I highly doubt cranking up hatchet counts by 2 takes any time or anything, not to mention the fact she kinda needed the buff when we think about not a 10k hour huntress mains also plays her, it was too punishing for the today's dbd standards

    lockers are, in fact, survivor sided mechanics, there is countless amount of survivor perks and even basekit mechanics for them, I won't opposed to adding more of it in any way but calling that a "huntress dredge buff" is honestly strange

    When you mention that buffing Huntress hatchet count by two probably doesn't take much time, I think about how much less time it could take in buffing killers that actually needed some love, some simple number changes could really make a difference for those who need them.

    In certain scenarios I do agree that lockers can be quite annoying for killers to deal with like Head On, but to be fair for at least in my case I don't encounter many survivors using it anyways.

    I will say this, I do understand why you think it was punishing before the buffs, but I think instead of giving her more hatchets, I think that this add-on should be made basekit, let me know what you think, I saw someone else mention the same idea and I honestly thought it was an interesting idea.

    image.png

    Like I said with the locker changes, more lockers is in fact a buff, because reloading obviously takes time, but the extra hatchet change is a band-aid fix itself because reloading takes a little while. If they make the add-on I listed above basekit, along with the extra lockers, it can make Huntress a lot better, and smooth.

  • @Spirit_IsTheBest said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3757857#Comment_3757857

    When you mention that buffing Huntress hatchet count by two probably doesn't take much time, I think about how much less time it could take in buffing killers that actually needed some love, some simple number changes could really make a difference for those who need them.

    In certain scenarios I do agree that lockers can be quite annoying for killers to deal with like Head On, but to be fair for at least in my case I don't encounter many survivors using it anyways.

    I will say this, I do understand why you think it was punishing before the buffs, but I think instead of giving her more hatchets, I think that this add-on should be made basekit, let me know what you think, I saw someone else mention the same idea and I honestly thought it was an interesting idea.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/YSZJZF02OXM0/image.png

    Like I said with the locker changes, more lockers is in fact a buff, because reloading obviously takes time, but the extra hatchet change is a band-aid fix itself because reloading takes a little while. If they make the add-on I listed above basekit, along with the extra lockers, it can make Huntress a lot better, and smooth.

    And honestly that's true, just as buffing huntress wouldn't really takes much effort, buffing any other killers would be same, and thus, "why did they buffed this" is kinda pointless because it's so random anyway, and it's not like we can do every single "small changes" all at once

    I'm not saying lockers are strong or anything, but rather, it's fundamentally a survivor mechanics, it's a hiding place for survivor, it's an activator for bunch of perks (such as flashbang or built to last, that one healing perk), just that some killers will utilize it

    making that basekit doesn't seems bad, but I'd say adding hatchet counts helps more for newer players as in, they will get more chances to practice hitting the hatchet, they could get more wins by being M1 killers with this addon, doesn't really make them better at huntress herself, I think that'd probably be better for veteran players in term of strength though

  • Bringing up comp is smart though. If you’ve ever watched Huntress played at comp level they almost ALWAYS lose. And very badly I might add. I’m talking two hooks by endgame. Therefore she has counterplay but you have to be smart enough to know it.

    I highly encourage there very few matches of her being used in comp on YouTube and watch as they miss 20+ hatchets a game

  • @Spirit_IsTheBest said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3757857#Comment_3757857

    When you mention that buffing Huntress hatchet count by two probably doesn't take much time, I think about how much less time it could take in buffing killers that actually needed some love, some simple number changes could really make a difference for those who need them.

    In certain scenarios I do agree that lockers can be quite annoying for killers to deal with like Head On, but to be fair for at least in my case I don't encounter many survivors using it anyways.

    I will say this, I do understand why you think it was punishing before the buffs, but I think instead of giving her more hatchets, I think that this add-on should be made basekit, let me know what you think, I saw someone else mention the same idea and I honestly thought it was an interesting idea.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/YSZJZF02OXM0/image.png

    Like I said with the locker changes, more lockers is in fact a buff, because reloading obviously takes time, but the extra hatchet change is a band-aid fix itself because reloading takes a little while. If they make the add-on I listed above basekit, along with the extra lockers, it can make Huntress a lot better, and smooth.

    I would find that change fine but only reduce the hatchet to 6 no futher changes needed.

  • @HexHuntressThighs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3757824#Comment_3757824

    Bringing up comp is smart though. If you’ve ever watched Huntress played at comp level they almost ALWAYS lose. And very badly I might add. I’m talking two hooks by endgame. Therefore she has counterplay but you have to be smart enough to know it.

    I highly encourage there very few matches of her being used in comp on YouTube and watch as they miss 20+ hatchets a game

    Completely irrelevant to 99.9% of players.

    Balancing around comp is an extremely dumb move. "Ah yes, let's balance around 200 players whilst screwing over the other 59,999,800 players, surely that will go well"

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3758584#Comment_3758584

    Completely irrelevant to 99.9% of players.

    Balancing around comp is an extremely dumb move. "Ah yes, let's balance around 200 players whilst screwing over the other 59,999,800 players, surely that will go well"

    That's cool, because she is bad for 59,999,800 players and still bad for 200 players, buffs will be justified

  • @Neaxolotl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3758684#Comment_3758684

    That's cool, because she is bad for 59,999,800 players and still bad for 200 players, buffs will be justified

    She's not lmao.

    She's one of the most popular Killers and her KR is middle of the pack, which is to be expected from a free Killer that is fairly difficult to learn, both by having a crosshair-less projectile and by being 110%.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3758705#Comment_3758705

    She's not lmao.

    She's one of the most popular Killers and her KR is middle of the pack, which is to be expected from a free Killer that is fairly difficult to learn, both by having a crosshair-less projectile and by being 110%.

    If Devs buff Huntress to carry 7 instant down hatchets, they still say its justified.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3758736#Comment_3758736

    If Devs buff Huntress to carry 7 instant down hatchets, they still say its justified.

    And buff her to a 4.6 ms killer, they will claim it's because "she lacks map pressure".

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3758584#Comment_3758584

    Completely irrelevant to 99.9% of players.

    Balancing around comp is an extremely dumb move. "Ah yes, let's balance around 200 players whilst screwing over the other 59,999,800 players, surely that will go well"

    Ignoring comp completely is far dumber. Considering it shows what killers are like against equally skilled survivors. Simply put if you think Huntress is overpowered in any form, the comp scene proves it’s a skill issue. That’s all.

  • @HexHuntressThighs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3758684#Comment_3758684

    Ignoring comp completely is far dumber. Considering it shows what killers are like against equally skilled survivors. Simply put if you think Huntress is overpowered in any form, the comp scene proves it’s a skill issue. That’s all.

    Ghostface 4K's in comp, therefore anyone who loses with Ghostface is having a skill issue.

    Terrible argument, surely you can do better.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3758705#Comment_3758705

    She's not lmao.

    She's one of the most popular Killers and her KR is middle of the pack, which is to be expected from a free Killer that is fairly difficult to learn, both by having a crosshair-less projectile and by being 110%.

    But since we basically ignore "comp", or more like "good" player, all that say is she must be buffed

    Killer that is difficult to learn deserves to be buffed until bad players gets enough kills, that's literally what you are saying, I'm just pointing it out

    @C3Tooth said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3758736#Comment_3758736

    If Devs buff Huntress to carry 7 instant down hatchets, they still say its justified.

    Ah yes, "absurdism also a strawman" as pulsar say, bad way to help argument of others

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    No. This is what's called proactive balancing. It must've slipped through the cracks at BHVR, because they're always reactive, but someone must have seen that Huntress was gonna fall behind in the tier list, like way behind, and suggested a buff. What you would have us do is believe she's Blight level, accounting for perfect accuracy and always winning mindgames, when in reality I'd probably rather play Pig or Deathslinger than her because even they're more consistent than 5-hatchet Huntress. You may yet get your wish, and she'll be nerfed. Then when people notice, "Oh, now she's at C-D tier because of power creep, and is always losing vs good teams, now we can buff her." That's reactive balancing, and it's why killer is the way it is, and why people want to run to the 60% kill rate to prove their point, because they know practically speaking everything else goes against their claims.

    Power creep? What power creep? Every map being systematically nerfed into a small square dead zone and nerfs to nearly every meta survivor perk? How do survivors have power creep when every new survivor is just a skin? HUH?

  • @Laluzi said:

    Hm. I'm not sure, honestly. I thought she was balanced before and didn't understand why she was buffed, but in my games I don't think the buffs have really changed how strong she feels or how I play against her. It feels the same as it always was, but she stops and reloads less.

    My main complaint about Huntress is that she's very good at ignoring the anti-camp mechanic and she's attracted players who just want to proxy camp hooks, so there's a higher chance any given Huntress plays the game in an annoying way. But when she's not doing that, I haven't had complaints (that I didn't have before, her throwing fridges that hit you around corners has always been a problem.) VSed a P100 yesterday going for crossmaps and sniping people off gens and it was a blast; the player was clearly very skilled and I didn't make it out, but I never felt like I didn't have counterplay.

    Her and Deathslinger players (not saying ALL but a fair amount) are good at ignoring the anti-camping mechanic which is a bummer.

  • There is no question, only an answer. And that answer is yes.

    There was no actual reason to buff an already good killer, especially the one people agree on to be the ideal balance. Now, Huntress sits at an undesirable strength, and it's not satisfying.

    And don't forget that there excuse was to not rework Treatment Theatre, an extremely problematic map. Lery's doesn't just hurt Huntress, but also Hillbilly, Singularity, and many other M1 killers. It should have got changes ages ago.

    And don't get me started on the add-ons. It doesn't take a genius to realize that reworking perfect add-ons that helped beginners learn her before swapping to the big add-ons is a terrible idea. And the effects they reworked them to? Her worst designed add-ons. They are nigh useless and don't have any personality. Behavior really loves just slapping haste onto things we don't want them on when they decide to change things.

    If your changes are hated by Huntress mains, and enough to get them to stop maining her, they are bad changes.

1 2 ›