The Unknown shoudln't lose movement speed when running with his VIX tentacle out

While playing the Unknown killer, I noticed that his movement speed gets reduced to survivors' speed when he is running with the tentacle. It took me in facct 50 hours of playing him to notice and to figure why I felt slow all the time.

I mean, at least please write it in the killer's perk description since it affects the gameplay so negatively.

It's already VERY annoying to have him slow down by 50% when is pulling out his tentacle so why are we adding annoyment over annoyment to the point he isn't faster than the survivors ?

Comments

  • I mean you could also just not hold out your power for extended periods of time. Being able to close distance while also being able to shoot a projectile would be kind of obnoxious, there's a reason projectile killers slow down when they pull out their powers.

  • All ranged and semi-ranged killers do this. It's a vital design component to prevent the ranged killer from being able to hold their power ready-to-use and chase normally at the same time; that would put survivors in a lose-lose where they have to prepare to dodge the projectile that can be launched at any moment, and start moving erratically, but they also need to gain distance because the killer is gaining on them, so they have to move in a straight line. Zoning is too easy in those conditions. This is also why killers have sound cues when they charge up their ranged attack; it's a cue for survivors to switch from running to juking.

    More transparency in the power explanation is good, though.

  • Maybe there's no need to slow down when canceling.

  • @Laluzi said:

    All ranged and semi-ranged killers do this. It's a vital design component to prevent the ranged killer from being able to hold their power ready-to-use and chase normally at the same time; that would put survivors in a lose-lose where they have to prepare to dodge the projectile that can be launched at any moment, and start moving erratically, but they also need to gain distance because the killer is gaining on them, so they have to move in a straight line. Zoning is too easy in those conditions. This is also why killers have sound cues when they charge up their ranged attack; it's a cue for survivors to switch from running to juking.

    More transparency in the power explanation is good, though.

    says plague who moves at 4.4 m/s when holding her power.

  • I mean… yeah? She slows down while holding her power and around loops, I frequently have to put it away because having it up is doing me more harm than good. Different killers slow down to different speeds (Deathslinger slows much more than Trickster or Nemesis), but it's a consistent design philosophy.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3755329#Comment_3755329

    I mean… yeah? She slows down while holding her power and around loops, I frequently have to put it away because having it up is doing me more harm than good. Different killers slow down to different speeds (Deathslinger slows much more than Trickster or Nemesis), but it's a consistent design philosophy.

    4.4 m/s is almost full speed. With worship tablet, she moves at 115% m/s. i feel like plague mains don't really utilize that. Slowdown while using abilities for most killer is outdated game philosophy in my opinion. This is easily seen by last killer release who just had massive m/s reduction.

    In my opinion, only killer that should have such slowdowns are killer that force you to sway left to right in long strokes like huntress due to those huntress giant axe hitboxes. Slinger should not slowdown. and neither should trickster.

    I don't know about unknown. see the issue with his slowdown is that survivor can remove the weakened. I would personally not remove his slowdown but buff his weakened to reduce survivor m/s by like 3%-5% when the survivor does not look at him.

  • @toulefan said:

    While playing the Unknown killer, I noticed that his movement speed gets reduced to survivors' speed when he is running with the tentacle. It took me in facct 50 hours of playing him to notice and to figure why I felt slow all the time.

    I mean, at least please write it in the killer's perk description since it affects the gameplay so negatively.

    It's already VERY annoying to have him slow down by 50% when is pulling out his tentacle so why are we adding annoyment over annoyment to the point he isn't faster than the survivors ?

    I mean id agree with making it more clear in the power description but removing it would just be completely silly and make zoning with him so much easier and so much more obnoxious for no good reason, damage survivors with his power and you prolly won't mind being allowed down as much