New anti-griefing option to hide your aura from survivors who are in chase

Under Gameplay, add this new option: Hide your aura from survivors who are in chase [Enabled/Disabled]

"What if a survivor accidentally kites the killer into you because they cannot see your aura now?"
I can move out of the way and away from the chase if I don't want to be a part of it.

Currently, if a survivor CAN see my aura during chase and they WANT to ditch the killer on me, I cannot simply get out of the way and move away from them. They can still see my aura no matter where I go and can continue to run toward me! I need to be able to hide my aura from bad actors.

— — — —

I tried asking for this change to Empathic Connection, but everyone said it would be a nerf to the perk. That is why I am asking for it to be completely separate.
This gameplay option would let me use Empathic Connection the way I would like it to be used (as a Boon Circle of Healing beacon you go to outside of chase), without changing Empathic Connection's current functionality for those who prefer to use the perk as is.

Comments

  • This problem seems to inordinately affect you. I have this happen very, very rarely. Like a handful of times ever.

  • @Ohyakno said:

    This problem seems to inordinately affect you. I have this happen very, very rarely. Like a handful of times ever.

    It sounds like you don't need this option then. Must be nice!

    In that case, if/when they add this option, you can leave it as Disabled if you don't need it. 😁
    I am not forcing you or anyone to use this option. Please don't force me to continue playing without this option simply because it does not happen to you. 😔

  • @Nos37 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3753577#Comment_3753577

    It sounds like you don't need this option then. Must be nice!

    In that case, if/when they add this option, you can leave it as Disabled if you don't need it. 😁
    I am not forcing you or anyone to use this option. Please don't force me to continue playing without this option simply because it does not happen to you. 😔

    But why should there be an option catering to at best a small handful of people?

    Keep in mind, we don't really care about the idea in question, it's Abit self centered, but ultimately harmless.

  • @Nos37 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3753577#Comment_3753577

    It sounds like you don't need this option then. Must be nice!

    In that case, if/when they add this option, you can leave it as Disabled if you don't need it. 😁
    I am not forcing you or anyone to use this option. Please don't force me to continue playing without this option simply because it does not happen to you. 😔

    If it happens often to you, and not to others, shouldn't you consider the possibility that you're the problem?

    Mayhaps, you hide all game while your teammates slowly run out of hook stages, never even once taking chase?

    I understand what you're suggesting but its very unlikely that this happens enough to irritate you without you causing the issue in the first place.

  • Or maybe I'm tired of taking the time to submit player reports when it does happen because the burden of proof is on me. I have no way of knowing whether it's malicious intent or not. I just know that it happens more often when I make my aura visible to other survivors.

    I did an experiment using Aftercare, Blood Pact, Empathic Connection, and Wake Up. Other survivors would bring the killer right to me! They did not have perks like Bond which tells me they weren't trying to be evil, they were just desparate and my perks gave them a way out of it. Even if I was death-hook and they had 0 or 1 hooks.

    95% of my rage quits are while playing survivor. Half of those are from other survivors intentionally and repeatedly bringing the killer to me. I can only play survivor for so long before my penalties add up.

    Without this option, my choices are find a SWF to play with, play the killer role exclusively, or do not play the game. Even if I do not use perks that show my aura, there are still perks they can use to see my aura. I have tried sandbagging them when they do this to me, but it only makes the killer side with them. I'm in a lose/lose.

  • @Nos37 said:

    Or maybe I'm tired of taking the time to submit player reports when it does happen because the burden of proof is on me. I have no way of knowing whether it's malicious intent or not. I just know that it happens more often when I make my aura visible to other survivors.

    I did an experiment using Aftercare, Blood Pact, Empathic Connection, and Wake Up. Other survivors would bring the killer right to me! They did not have perks like Bond which tells me they weren't trying to be evil, they were just desparate and my perks gave them a way out of it. Even if I was death-hook and they had 0 or 1 hooks.

    95% of my rage quits are while playing survivor. Half of those are from other survivors intentionally and repeatedly bringing the killer to me. I can only play survivor for so long before my penalties add up.

    Without this option, my choices are find a SWF to play with, play the killer role exclusively, or do not play the game. Even if I do not use perks that show my aura, there are still perks they can use to see my aura. I have tried sandbagging them when they do this to me, but it only makes the killer side with them. I'm in a lose/lose.

    You could like, not worry about it.

    It's genuinely not a big deal or happening often. It's like asking for granular options for anything someone specifically doesn't like. It's a waste of development time for almost no benefit.