Officially Distortion

Gonna run it every game from now on cuz it's Franklin's and Weave Attunement 80 percent of games. I may as well bring self care and hide in the corner as well like the others. Thanks for the awesome perk to make my items useless and make me hide in the corner and not help anyone bhvr. The killer can remove my item every game, but I can't remove their iridescent add ons. Dope gaming

Comments

  • Once most surivors catch on to counterplay, killers will go back to 4 stack slowdown.

    We are lucky to be given such easy counterplay, unlike eruption meta.

  • @NovaKane said:

    Gonna run it every game from now on cuz it's Franklin's and Weave Attunement 80 percent of games. I may as well bring self care and hide in the corner as well like the others. Thanks for the awesome perk to make my items useless and make me hide in the corner and not help anyone bhvr. The killer can remove my item every game, but I can't remove their iridescent add ons. Dope gaming

    Yes, go ahead and run Distortion. I'll just counter with Gearhead while you're worried about a 2-perk combo that's easily countered or even ignored.

    Ugh, Self-Care gamer.

    And how entitled is that, wanting to negate a killer's (not just any add-ons) pink add-ons?!

  • @Krazzik said:

    I've barely seen that combo at all this event, maybe two games in all? Lethal is the perk that makes Distortion pretty much required.

    "Because if the killer sees my aura, I can't do anything against him!" But you can. Just because the killer sees you doesn't mean you can't loop him, or even make him give up chase to go for someone else. Distortion is mostly for people who can't do these things, like new or casual players. And they can have it, but let's not continue to balance for them when their main difficulty in whether they escape or not is if the killer sees them or not. For comparison, in Friday the 13th Jason can chase you for 2 minutes, and as long as you had a proper set-up to run him, he's likely to just leave. No trouble there, of him seeing you. I don't like this idea that you have just as high a likelihood of winning as survivor if you hide compared to if you're actually looping. It makes balancing around skillful play impossible.

  • @HexHuntressThighs said:

    Why not use object? Lmao it literally hard counters Weave by giving you wall hacks back in them

    Yeah, you'd get the gen speed boost the whole time. It's genius, and people still won't use it.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    It's okay! Killers may get official wall hacks but we have exciting perks to look forward to like Hardened... and Specialist... I'm sure they'll be helpful. Somehow.

    Hey you forgot the vaulting perk that can let you chain a lot of loops if you are good and helps massively is chase. Idk if it kinda ruinned the narrative of new perks being bad but I think you forgot to mention that perk.

  • @GolbezGarlandGabrant said:

    All the killers giving you counterplay advice but when it comes to survivor things—no counterplay!

    Yeah, how are you supposed to counter DS when multiple people have it? You just hooked someone else, and now you're getting DS'd for "tunneling." Or Dead Hard when they're at a pallet/window and you HAD to swing or else they'd just get the pallet/window? Or Blast Mine when literally all they have to do to get it is do gens?

1 2 ›