You have to find the hatch before the person on the hook kills them self, and before the remaining survivor finds the hatch after the person on the hook dies. This will not work as well as you might think.
Do not use it all game. Wait until there are only 2 survivors left and you hook one of them.
Wait for the last survivor to come to you.
Success!
70% of the time it works every time*
*SWF clause applies.
So you hook the last guy and then insidious camp the hatch, did I get that right?
What do you do if the survivors simply doesnt jump in and >engages a hatch standoff
No you insidious camp the hook. Because you haven't used it all game they don't expect it. Obvs run the risk they go for the hatch but I have had great success with it.
Slugging is unreliable and undignified. After you have caught the last one who knows where the other guy has crawled to? My method of insidiously camping the hook is low effort, achieves equal or better results and is also cunning and evil.
This is unrelated but I remember one time I played myers with a tombstone piece. Me and Claudette were in a hatch standoff for quite a while. She tried making enough space to jump in with out getting grabbed.
Well I was almost tier 3 and we ended up pushing into eachother begging for someone to make a move. So I tier 3 and mori her ontop of the hatch. She didn't see it coming and she messaged me saying she was actually crying with laughter which was pretty funny.
After you have caught the last one who knows where the other guy has crawled to?
Deerstalker and Freddy say "hi".
Indeed that's true but take insidious instead of deerstalker, try this method and you won't look back!
I don't slug for the 4K anymore, but if i did i would still use deerstalker for 3 main reasons: 1 - i personally don't like to use a perk only for a especific mechanic like the hatch. 2 - deerstalker has more uses, like when you find from 2 to 4 survivors together and slugging could be more rewarding than hook just one and let the others go. 3 - as a solo survivor i would kill myself if i saw the killer using insidious and the last survivor coming over to rescue me. For me it's more important to not give the 4K to the killer than surviving.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
You have to find the hatch before the person on the hook kills them self, and before the remaining survivor finds the hatch after the person on the hook dies. This will not work as well as you might think.
So you hook the last guy and then insidious camp the hatch, did I get that right?
What do you do if the survivors simply doesnt jump in and engages a hatch standoff?
Glad I wasnt the only one baffled by that.
I give this strategy a solid 5/7.
But only 1 out of 0 dentists
Well I was almost tier 3 and we ended up pushing into eachother begging for someone to make a move. So I tier 3 and mori her ontop of the hatch. She didn't see it coming and she messaged me saying she was actually crying with laughter which was pretty funny.
1 - i personally don't like to use a perk only for a especific mechanic like the hatch.
2 - deerstalker has more uses, like when you find from 2 to 4 survivors together and slugging could be more rewarding than hook just one and let the others go.
3 - as a solo survivor i would kill myself if i saw the killer using insidious and the last survivor coming over to rescue me. For me it's more important to not give the 4K to the killer than surviving.