BP in anniversary mode, END GAME SCREEN

Can someone with bigger brain explain to me how the BP gain works? Why when I play survivor I die with meezly 20k BPs but when I do killer games I do jack sh1t and end up with 100+ k BPs? and I am talking about end game screen not overall BPs.
How is this fair? How is this enjoyable?

I rarely see surv with more than 35K. I rarely see killer under 40K, it would need to be really bad for the killer.. and yet survivors on the end game screen still don't reach nowhere near 40K..

So I am either missing something or this was so poorly designed..

Comments

  • I will join you here because.... i don't know either.

    Where is the 530% bonus you get from cakes? Is it not shown or something? And if yes, then why do I sometimes get 100k as a killer while others have average results?

  • I did my own test, and this is the best answer I got:

    @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3746791#Comment_3746791

    Okay, so after a few tests, this is the best answer I have.

    Played a match where I got lots of hooks and killed all 4 survivors, got invites and used the invite stuff constantly, and got most/all the party totems: 24,550 event points. Did not burn a Cobbler.

    Played a match where I 1-hooked 1 survivor, 2-hooked a second survivor, and 3-hooked the remaining 2 survivors; got invites and used the invite stuff constantly; but I was not lucky enough for party totems to pop up: 13,050 event points. I did burn a Cobbler, which showed me getting double the amount of points for using event hooks, but apparently that amounts to diddly squat.

    Finally, I played a match where I got most/all of the party totems, but I didn't really do anything else except grab invites and remote break some doors. I didn't feel like doing anything, so no one got hooked. I did burn a Cobbler, and despite the fact that accepting party totems only showed a reward of 3.5k in-match, I got 50,868 event points. Adding up the amount of points I earned from the match with multipliers and all that, the number does seem to be correct, I was actually rewarded that many points.

    The only explanation for that (other than it being bugged) is, despite what it showed in-game, party totems counted for double.

    I still cannot figure out how other killers who didn't get party totems earned so damn much, but whatever. The experiment shows that, in terms of event points, you need to burn a Cobbler and get lucky enough for party totems (or I guess party chests, if you're a survivor) to pop up during the match. If you don't get that random event, then you don't earn much in terms of event points.

    Makes perfect sense that the stuff I put effort into doing rewards nearly nothing and the totally RNG thing that may or may not happen at all and which I may or may not be able to capitalize on is where the points are, and it requires burning a Cobbler to really pay out. Of course, I'm not playing the characters I'm putting points into; the characters I'm playing in the event don't have Cobblers, they have other BP offerings.

    I did that on PS4, 'cause that's where I play killer, but I mostly play on Switch, that's where I need BP. I can't play killer on Switch, but as survivor I'm competing with 3 other survivors for the things that pay out, plus I rarely live very long so I don't earn much for the gameplay points that get the BP multiplier, either. The most I can do with this event is have fun with my friend playing survivor and consider BP gains a bonus, which shouldn't be the case for an event, but maximizing BP gains feels out of my control.

    tldr: either the score shown on the scoreboard is bugged, or the only way to get major event points is to both burn a Cobbler and get lucky enough to get Party Totems (or Party Chests?).

    For anyone who doesn't know, event points are not affected by BP offerings, they do not get multiplied. The 20k you earned from normal gameplay is what gets affected by Bloody Party Streamers and Cobblers and all that. The 50k event points are just that, 50k. (Numbers given as generic examples.)

    The score shown on the scoreboard shows the number of gameplay points (before multipliers) and the number of event points added together. You can't even really guess a person's entire Bloodpoint pull from the match with that number.

  • Seems kinda bugged. One player has an enormous amount of points in my matches. Didn´t get a pattern here.

    For your BP gain - you always have to look upper right to your actual points.

    Remember with how much you start the match and see what you have once back in the menu.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    I did my own test, and this is the best answer I got:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3747124#Comment_3747124

    tldr: either the score shown on the scoreboard is bugged, or the only way to get major event points is to both burn a Cobbler and get lucky enough to get Party Totems (or Party Chests?).

    For anyone who doesn't know, event points are not affected by BP offerings, they do not get multiplied. The 20k you earned from normal gameplay is what gets affected by Bloody Party Streamers and Cobblers and all that. The 50k event points are just that, 50k. (Numbers given as generic examples.)

    The score shown on the scoreboard shows the number of gameplay points (before multipliers) and the number of event points added together. You can't even really guess a person's entire Bloodpoint pull from the match with that number.

    20240620_183303.jpg

    Yes the answer is do all the party totems and this was result for me on survivor. I think overall I got 400K+ bp.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    I did my own test, and this is the best answer I got:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3747124#Comment_3747124

    tldr: either the score shown on the scoreboard is bugged, or the only way to get major event points is to both burn a Cobbler and get lucky enough to get Party Totems (or Party Chests?).

    For anyone who doesn't know, event points are not affected by BP offerings, they do not get multiplied. The 20k you earned from normal gameplay is what gets affected by Bloody Party Streamers and Cobblers and all that. The 50k event points are just that, 50k. (Numbers given as generic examples.)

    The score shown on the scoreboard shows the number of gameplay points (before multipliers) and the number of event points added together. You can't even really guess a person's entire Bloodpoint pull from the match with that number.

    damn that's extensive testing! Thank you 💜 I think it's prob bugged bc I do totems and chests when they pop up and most games it is at least 4 cakes, but yeah. I'll try to pay closer attention to score events next time I play!