This dev update kinda slaps
All around, great changes! There's a couple of points for concern (but honestly, you can't strive for perfection), but overall these are some top tier changes!
I am LOVING these perk buffs. That Babysitter buff is peak, I was thinking of suggesting something just like that but it's like you pulled it out of my mind LOL
I'm especially looking forward to the Autodidact and Machine Learning buffs. Those perks are some of my favourites and I've wanted them to be better for a while.
Comments
That Babysitter buff is my personal favorite out of the whole update. Combine that with OTR and that survivor has a very strong protection against tunneling.
IW on the other hand is probably going back to be an ultra meta perk. At least we have a decent exhaustion perk for killers now, so I can counter it if it gets too bad.
Overall, I have to agree. This update seems very good. Knight needs to be tested. The guard change at will seems a bit too much to me and it also seems like his insta break got removed. That would be pretty bad if one asks me.
All around. Im pretty excited for the ptb.
We absolutely needed this after the mess of the All Things Wicked midchapter PTB.
-Knight less brainless
-Singularity will actually feel good to play without a Masters degree
-Iron Will is back
-Babysitter becoming a W anti-tunnel perk
-They who will not be named becoming a survivor
-Autodidact believers finally being rewarded
-Machine Learning finally living up to it's potential
I kinda wanna temper my expectations but it's feeling like we're so ######### back.
I'm usually the first to worry about potential problems with changes, but honestly all this sounds pretty dang good.
Only thing is, I had no idea Pillaged Mead was even an addon. Even moreso that knights loved running it? As a Knight enjoyer myself, I was confused to see that brought up.
Insta break not removed, confirmed by peanits, they are actually making it easier.
my almost entire healing build got buffed lol, autodidact solidarity empathetic (and deadline). very good changes all along except iron will but it's fine. i'm excited for it.
i like them buffing weak perks as an attempt to shake the meta a little and not just nerfs to commonly used perks, hope to see more in the future. definitely not buckle up type buffs though please.
love meta shake up. perk changesssssssssss finally. I think they could buffed resurgence to 100% because the perk only triggers twice per match. I wonder if solidarity+autodict will heal both survivors now. previously, you could over-heal with skill-check to like 60-70% but now it might be possible to full-heal.
The knight shake-up COULD be really good. I am so glad that knight is finally going away from 2vs1 zoning gameplay and is moving closer to a ranged spirit that is encouraged to pressure chases. I really hope his add-on changes are good because that guy has some very under-tuned add-on's. This is a killer i really wanted to like but i couldn't get into him because he felt so cookie cutter. Like you couldn't do cool plays with him. His kit felt very restricted in what he was allowed to do. This update is so major for him especially if the under performing add-on are buffed and the bad add-on are revisited.
Singularity is medium update. It is alright. He'll be a little better. less add-on reliant. hopefully they didn't nerf his add-on too hard.
After quite a long time I am actually looking forward PTB. Hopefully they won't mess it up before live...
At least on paper I like most changes, but we will see how Knight and Singularity will feels like to play as and against.